"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Pellson

Quote from: elmayerle on December 28, 2021, 12:58:18 PM
Quote from: Gondor on December 28, 2021, 05:07:21 AM
Quote from: Scotaidh on December 28, 2021, 05:05:02 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 28, 2021, 05:00:04 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 28, 2021, 04:47:47 AM

..... but Scimitar would please an awful lot of people.

DAMN right there!  :thumbsup:
I'll make a fourth!   :thumbsup:

Me, too.  :)

Me three  :thumbsup:

Gondor
I reallly need to build my old Xtrakit one to see what all the fuss is about..  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on December 29, 2021, 08:45:39 AM

I reallly need to build my old Xtrakit one to see what all the fuss is about..  ;)

Actually you don't, it's not that good a kit sadly. :(

The Skybirds 86 one is a ZILLION times better, but a) almost impossible to find these days and b) expensive if you do find one.

But the Scimitar a VERY impressive aeroplane when built, think 'Pure British Grit'...........  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 29, 2021, 10:11:28 AM

The Skybirds 86 one is a ZILLION times better, but a) almost impossible to find these days and b) expensive if you do find one.

But the Scimitar a VERY impressive aeroplane when built, think 'Pure British Grit'...........  :o

Well, that kit is looking for a tandem seat nose anyway, so as long as the rest of it is remotely looking like a Scimitar, it'll be good enough.  ;D
It'll be interesting nevertheless. Once I get there.

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 29, 2021, 10:11:28 AM
Quote from: Pellson on December 29, 2021, 08:45:39 AM

Kit has forgotten to mention that CMR also did a Scimitar which is equally as hard to find and very expensive if found.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Scotaidh

Your bit about "that kit is looking for a tandem seat nose" for some reason turned a switch in my head and made me wonder if anyone has made a side-by-side version of the Tonka?  British two-seaters always seemed to be side-by-siders, so to speak, even for aircraft where a tandem layout seemed a no-brainer (coff Lightning! coff) ... 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Gondor

Quote from: Scotaidh on December 30, 2021, 04:14:17 AM

Your bit about "that kit is looking for a tandem seat nose" for some reason turned a switch in my head and made me wonder if anyone has made a side-by-side version of the Tonka?  British two-seaters always seemed to be side-by-siders, so to speak, even for aircraft where a tandem layout seemed a no-brainer (coff Lightning! coff) ...

Best of luck finding a donor kit for the side by side cockpit.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

The Dynavector 1/48th Scimitar is a beautiful vacuform model. :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on December 30, 2021, 04:36:10 AM

Gondor

Su-34?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on December 31, 2021, 03:07:18 AM

Gondor

Su-34?

F-111?

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 31, 2021, 03:18:46 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 31, 2021, 03:07:18 AM

Gondor

Su-34?

F-111?

A-37?
Myasishchev M-7 Brawler 7 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Pellson

The Wooksta!

I was thinking initially of a Sea Vixen, looking at the side by side type 556 that was drawn up, but that seemed too wide, so I'm thinking now of a Sea Venom pod cut down with a more pointed nose.

Still kicking myself I didn't get that Magna one I saw at Telford...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Fred

kitnut617

Well there is this I was building for my STOVL Canberra project, A-6 cockpit tub and polished out Vulcan canopy and Brit bang-seats.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike