Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Only found out on the day he was handing me my redundancy papers that the MD of my last-but-one employer was a modeller who build ONE 1/24th scale model per year, every year. I bet he's had a good few years with the Typhoon, the Mossie, the Hellcat and now the Spit... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 09, 2022, 01:32:32 PM
Is this one their first 1/24 scale kit under the new 'CAD design' regime, or was that the Hellcat?

I've only ever built one 1/24 aeroplane kit ever, the first Airfix Spitfire, and it's not really my bag, but that does look one AMAZING kit!

Yeah, only one built by me too, the Airfix Harrier GR.1 many years ago back in the 70's before I emigrated to Canada in 1980
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

I have to say it looks a stunner, but not for me. The only 1/24 that's ever tempted me was the Typhoon, but I resisted it. Now if it had been a Tempest, especially a Mk II I'd probably have fallen  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Mossie

New tools:
1/72 Gloster Meteor F.8
1/48 Avro Anson Mk.I
1/48 Blackburn Buccaneer S.1
1/24 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc

1/35 Panzer III Ausf J
1/35 Stug IV
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Selection of re-pops:
1/72 CAC Boomerang
1/72 Beagle Bassett
1/72 DHC Beaver
1/72 Westland Whirlwind HAS.22
1/72 Fiat G.50
1/600 HMS Devonshire
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitbasher

A good year for 1/24 and 1/48 crews - if only the Anson was 1/72 😕

Given covid and general economic malaise I'm not surprised there's no real surprises (at least for me).  That said, some good looking rereleases and yay! F-80, Basset and Beaver! 
F-80 beckons.  I've a Basset whif idea that I wasn't going to use up my sole Basset kit on, but I think game on, now.  I've a Beaver in the stash but could be tempted.....
Interestingly the website says 'Airfix presents [their] first selection of product announcements for this year', so what else may follow?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Mossie

It does seem a bit light on previous years. They summed up the recent poll for classic kits in a recent Workbench, so there may be some top ups later in the year.
https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/workbench/vintage-airfix-welcome-2022

AeroplaneDriver

Have to say I'm beyond thrilled with the new-tool 1/48 Bucc. Wish they'd don't the Jag while they were at it, but baby steps.

Nice looking selection of weapons but a WE.177 would have been really nice. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Flyer

Boomerang yay! :party:

If only I hadn't spent a small fortune on the last 4 second hand kit's already. :banghead:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Spey_Phantom

yay, new tool Gloster Meteor F.8, with Belgian markings!  :wub:
also looking forward to the rerelease of the Beagle Bassett and Lockheed F-80  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

McColm

Whilst the focus is on the Falklands War will that mean a release of the HS/BAe Nimrod and maybe the Sea King AEW   .
On the other hand there's a few kits released that are new to me ,a bit of research first.

PR19_Kit

Is the 1/72 Meteor F8 that new, or a re-pop of the one they did with Xtrakit a while back?

A pantographed 1/48 version would be a good step, if only to prove that it's possible.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

The Anson and Vintage Classics Beaver are no-brainers for me.
DSC_1807 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
de-havilland-canada-dhc-2-beaver-zk-bxn_49474785286_o by Zac Yates, on Flickr
ec2e32e6-f603-46f5-87be-b62433a612f7_zpshsiv0yyl_34874270043_o by Zac Yates, on Flickr

Spure shots of the 1/24 Spitfire Mk.IXc courtesy of by Ian Crawford from the Diecast Aviation Forum (via Tony Osborne at Britmodeller):
Airfix 1/24 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc A17001 by Zac Yates, on Flickr

Quote from: Mossie on January 10, 2022, 09:10:20 AM
New tools:
1/48 Avro Anson Mk.I
1/48 Blackburn Buccaneer S.1
1/24 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc

1/35 Panzer III Ausf J
1/35 Stug IV
You missed one:
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 10, 2022, 11:30:26 AM
Is the 1/72 Meteor F8 that new, or a re-pop of the one they did with Xtrakit a while back?

A pantographed 1/48 version would be a good step, if only to prove that it's possible.
Indications seem to suggest it's new - why would they go to the effort of doing CAD for an existing kit?
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates