Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 29, 2022, 05:45:31 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on January 28, 2022, 06:27:21 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 28, 2022, 06:24:18 AM
Not my scale but I thought some might be interested by this

https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/workbench/new-buccaneer-s2-go-big-or-go-home?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Airfix+Workbench+%7C+New+Buccaneer+S+2&utm_campaign=Airfix+-+Workbench+-+Week+44+2021%2F2022

That would be me! ;D

Hopefully they'll produce more in the first run so (when I pre-order it) I'll get one ... Unlike the 1/72 Beaufort. :angry:

I can always ship one from the UK mate ?

That may have to be an option, Chris. I'll contact you when I have some spare cash, if they haven't returned to Aus in the meantime. Thanks for the offer! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Workbench update showing the sprues & test shot of the 1/35 Austin K2/Y ambulance:
https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/workbench/new-austin-k2y-ambulance-project-update
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Nick

So who's going to do the figures from Ice Cold In Alex?

Leading Observer

Quote from: Nick on February 25, 2022, 01:17:49 PM
So who's going to do the figures from Ice Cold In Alex?

Complete with glasses of Carlsberg? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouYKeeTz7Yw&t=17s

From Wikipedia: The final scene, in which Mills' character finally gets his glass of lager, was used in the 1980s in beer advertisements on television. The scene was reportedly filmed some weeks after the rest of the film, at Elstree. Real lager had to be used to "look right", and Mills had to drink numerous glasses full until the shots were finished, and was "a little 'heady'" by the end.
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

crudebuteffective

interestingly sprue C is not included in the shots on the website

could this be the one with figures etc that changes each issue of this kit

will the one for 2022 include a figure for a young ATS lady that went on to much higher things (celebrated this year)
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

zenrat

Is that all new, or someone else's moulds re-popped?

If they are producing new 1/35 moulds i'd like a Stalwart and a Dukw.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

According to the write up it's a new mould.

And I second your calls for a Stalwart & a DUKW! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: crudebuteffective on February 25, 2022, 02:43:29 PMwill the one for 2022 include a figure for a young ATS lady that went on to much higher things (celebrated this year)

Betty White?  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kitnut617

Quote from: scooter on February 26, 2022, 05:00:04 AM
Quote from: crudebuteffective on February 25, 2022, 02:43:29 PMwill the one for 2022 include a figure for a young ATS lady that went on to much higher things (celebrated this year)

No--- Queen Elizabeth    :rolleyes:  although that would be Princess Elizabeth back then.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 26, 2022, 06:05:21 AM

No--- Queen Elizabeth    :rolleyes:  although that would be Princess Elizabeth back then.

Well Junior Commander (equivalent to a Captain in the army) Princess Elizabeth. ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

Quote from: zenrat on February 26, 2022, 02:30:31 AM
Is that all new, or someone else's moulds re-popped?
All new and originally announced for release in 2021. I'd forgotten about it!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

scooter

Yes, I know it was Liz.  I was being snarky. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

jcf

Quote from: scooter on February 26, 2022, 02:07:58 PM

Yes, I know it was Liz.  I was being snarky. :wacko:

I know which Betty I find more impressive, it ain't the one who lives in a castle.  ;)