Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 26, 2022, 06:05:21 AM
Quote from: scooter on February 26, 2022, 05:00:04 AM
Quote from: crudebuteffective on February 25, 2022, 02:43:29 PMwill the one for 2022 include a figure for a young ATS lady that went on to much higher things (celebrated this year)

Betty White?  :wacko:

No--- Queen Elizabeth    :rolleyes:  although that would be Princess Elizabeth back then.

The only Queen who can get out and fix a car when it breaks down - cause she was trained to!!!   :wacko: :wacko:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

McColm

With Airfix going back to the vintage collection of kits and re releasing does it mean that they will go back to casting static 00/ho locomotives? This would be ideal for a collector or a Whiffer instead of having to buy secondhand or from the Hornby Railroad range.

NARSES2

Quote from: McColm on February 26, 2022, 11:37:16 PM
With Airfix going back to the vintage collection of kits and re releasing does it mean that they will go back to casting static 00/ho locomotives?

I'm certain I've seen somewhere that they are bringing out some of the old trackside buildings and bearing in mind they are bringing out some of the really old 1/76 armour (like a JS.3 that's almost a wiff in a box) they could well do. Providing they have the tooings ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Airfix don't have any of their OO gauge loco kit tooling any more as it was all sold to Dapol, along with the ex-Kitmaster stuff that they kept up to standard.

But Dapol still mould and sell the majority of those kits, but I don't think all of the buildings moulds survived. A full list that they sell is here :-

https://www.dapol.co.uk/shop/model-accessories/self-assembly-oo-kits?page=1

Note there's FIVE pages of locos, rolling stock, buildings and other scenic accessories.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Well that brought back a lot of memories Kit, I built quite a few of those with my Dad to go on the huge rail layout we had.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 27, 2022, 06:23:51 AM
Airfix don't have any of their OO gauge loco kit tooling any more as it was all sold to Dapol, along with the ex-Kitmaster stuff that they kept up to standard.

But Dapol still mould and sell the majority of those kits, but I don't think all of the buildings moulds survived. A full list that they sell is here :-

https://www.dapol.co.uk/shop/model-accessories/self-assembly-oo-kits?page=1

Note there's FIVE pages of locos, rolling stock, buildings and other scenic accessories.
Thanks Kit,  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 27, 2022, 06:39:59 AM
Well that brought back a lot of memories Kit, I built quite a few of those with my Dad to go on the huge rail layout we had.

I built a few for the same reason. The only problem with the railway layout my dad built for me was that he worked for British Railways (as it was back then) and his mates would come round, have a few beers and they'd then show how BR should have been run, I wasn't allowed near it  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 28, 2022, 06:17:25 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on February 27, 2022, 06:39:59 AM

I built a few for the same reason. The only problem with the railway layout my dad built for me was that he worked for British Railways (as it was back then) and his mates would come round, have a few beers and they'd then show how BR should have been run, I wasn't allowed near it  ;D

The layout board we had filled most of the car garage. My Dad had made it so we could easily stand it up on edge against the wall so he could get his car in. I had to make sure everything I made was glued together or made so they wouldn't fall apart when we stood it up.  The rolling stock was all put away in a large chest of draws used originally for storing drawings in without rolling them up, which my Dad got from his drafting office (which fortunately, Grandad owned  ;D ).
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

The Tempest V is out  :thumbsup: and whilst I'm not a model car man I'm sorely tempted by this Beauty  :wub:

https://uk.airfix.com/products/small-starter-set-new-bugatti-chiron-a55005

Knightflyer

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 05, 2022, 12:50:51 AM
The Tempest V is out  :thumbsup: and whilst I'm not a model car man I'm sorely tempted by this Beauty  :wub:

https://uk.airfix.com/products/small-starter-set-new-bugatti-chiron-a55005

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I've never built a model car, but that one certainly caught my eye purely because of the 'look' of it  :wub:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

I wish they'd have done the Chiron in 1/32 scale, I could have made a slot car from it.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Beermonster58

With regard to the 2022 range, my first reaction was MEH!!!! Especially yet another Spitfire! :-X. Prices are a real shocker though. While I accept and understand the logic behind pricing, I'm afraid that many of the new/reissued items are now priced out of my reach. I'm also aware that Airfix is by no means alone regarding the price situation. My choice is not to buy so, Airfix will be getting very little custom from me this year.

Not a total loss though! Got the D H C Beaver and, F-80C to look forward to :thumbsup: As in earlier years, my main Airfix purchases have been limited to the Vintage Classics range so, IM pleased to see this range continue to expand.

Allan
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

Weaver

There's an Airfix sale on this weekend, but only for Airfix Club members.

IF you are a member, or if you join now, you get 20% off everything on the website until 12pm Sunday. After that it's the standard 10%.

Membership details: https://uk.airfix.com/community/airfix-club

UK membership is £30 and includes an exclusive kit, two 1/72nd Hawk T.1As in 'first and last' colour schemes, plus a box of stuff.
ROW mermbership is £10, but it's online benefits only: f you want the box of goodies, you have to buy it separately.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

McColm

Airfix has released photos of the 1/24 Avro Lancaster Dam Buster model on Instagram.