Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

48th is the in scale, it makes money so where they're going, sadly. Except the quality is let down by poor QC in India, the prices are becoming vastly inflated and it's driving modellers away from the brand.

TBH, I'd like a few of their kits but have enough in the stash anyway.
One is the Basset, if only for the new decals which are superb, another the Spitfire F22, again for the decals. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 23, 2022, 07:09:24 AMTBH, I'd like a few of their kits but have enough in the stash anyway.
One is the Basset, if only for the new decals which are superb, another the Spitfire F22, again for the decals. 

Lee - do you mean you're after an Airfix Spit F22 generally or the current repop?

Yep, Basset on my list too, the decals look great.  I've one in the stash from yonks ago - the Royal Flight option - terrible decals but I have a cunning whif plan for that one.

As for candidate Airfix Vintage releases I'd love to see the Cessna O-2 repopped, always liked it, never had one.  The Cherokee Arrow, Skyvan and Islander would tempt me, and I'd probably get another JP5/Strikemaster (subject to the Strikemaster decal options).

The Beaver and F-86D have always been faves but were they to reappear I wouldn't be adding to the ones in the stash.

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Not to mention the ROTODYNE!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

JayBee

Quote from: kitbasher on September 23, 2022, 12:23:06 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 23, 2022, 10:38:09 AMNot to mention the ROTODYNE!  ;D

Never heard of it  ;)

That, young man, is most probably because you were neer it and are now permanently deaf !  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

McColm

Quote from: JayBee on September 23, 2022, 01:44:33 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 23, 2022, 10:38:09 AMNot to mention the ROTODYNE!  ;D

Never heard of it  ;)

That, young man, is most probably because you were neer it and are now permanently deaf !  :wacko:
Isn't about time that Airfix got around to retool the Rotodyne?

Captain Canada

I'd love to build one. Such a neat machine. If they do retool or release it again we need a  group build !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

My boxing of it is up for grabs Todd --
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

KiwiZac

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 23, 2022, 06:42:49 AMSo the 'small scale' modellers still have to put up with their archaic 1/72 version I suppose.
For now - the Meteor has been downsized, they did one or the other with the Tiger Moth...I think the chances of a 1/72 version would be pretty good.

Never heard of it  ;)
;D  ;D  ;D  I'd be keen on one - have been watching a lot of newsreels and sales films about it.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

PR19_Kit

Never heard of it  ;)

Sorry, can you speak up please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

From what i've seen in the modelling press of the Meteor it looks good.
I can see myself building a RW RAAF bird and then whiffing one.  Depends on the local pricing though.

Anson doesn't interest me.

Lincoln Mk 31 would be nice.

As far as Vintage Classics goes the 'dyne goes without saying but also i'd like the 1/16 bike kits back.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the V-bomber releases from Airfix over the latter years. Well made kits, and who else would do them? Really nice!
And as the Shack also came, a Lincoln might not be that far away? You can at least hope..

Other big, British brutes i could se myself building are the Beverley and the Belfast, of course. Revell brought us the Atlas - Airfix could very well follow up with the predecessors.

For fighter size objects I don't know. A whif issue of the TSR.2, maybe? God knows there are more or less infinite possibilities there, and they did that ridiculous Manga TSR.

And yes, I'm exclusively working in Gods True Scale.  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kitbasher

Never heard of it  ;)

Pardon?

zenrat

Quote from: Pellson on September 24, 2022, 03:58:13 AMI have to say I'm pretty pleased with the V-bomber releases from Airfix over the latter years. Well made kits, and who else would do them? Really nice!
And as the Shack also came, a Lincoln might not be that far away? You can at least hope..

Other big, British brutes i could se myself building are the Beverley and the Belfast, of course. Revell brought us the Atlas - Airfix could very well follow up with the predecessors.

For fighter size objects I don't know. A whif issue of the TSR.2, maybe? God knows there are more or less infinite possibilities there, and they did that ridiculous Manga TSR.

And yes, I'm exclusively working in Gods True Scale.  ;)

The ridiculous manga TSR2 is the one to get because you get all the standard TSR2 bits and transfers plus the ridiculous manga bits for whiffing use.

Is there need for a modern tooled Halifax?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

I would be happy with a 1/48 Sunderland MkV
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng