Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 22, 2022, 01:40:53 AMDoes anyone remember Zagger and Evans "In the Year 2525" ?  :-\

I could even sing it, but you wouldn't want to be in range.......  ;D

Quote from: zenrat on October 22, 2022, 03:01:26 AMThen they should make it in the right scale to start with.

EXACTLY!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 22, 2022, 01:40:53 AM
Quote from: Nigel Bunker on October 22, 2022, 12:09:28 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 21, 2022, 06:39:40 AMAnd now pantograph it down to 1/72 scale.................
Pantograph is so yesterday's technology. These days they press a key (or keys) on the computer.

That's so old fashioned Nigel - surely you just speak to it ?  ;D  Apparently they are developing a system which will anticipate your whishes' so that even that will become redundant  ;)

And so will you!

After all, if it can do everything & know what you want before you do, what need for you does it have?

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 22, 2022, 01:40:53 AMDoes anyone remember Zagger and Evans "In the Year 2525" ?  :-\

Yes.

Quote from: zenrat on October 22, 2022, 03:01:26 AM
Quote from: jcf on October 21, 2022, 12:00:49 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 21, 2022, 06:39:40 AMAnd now pantograph it down to 1/72 scale.................
A 1/72nd kit will require a different kit design and CAD model. Scaling up and down requires
a lot of work.

Then they should make it in the right scale to start with.

They did! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 22, 2022, 08:09:49 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 22, 2022, 01:40:53 AMThat's so old fashioned Nigel - surely you just speak to it ?  ;D  Apparently they are developing a system which will anticipate your whishes' so that even that will become redundant  ;)

And so will you!

After all, if it can do everything & know what you want before you do, what need for you does it have?

And that's what's got me worried. I'm sometimes glad I'm a child of the 50's  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Someone once said to me, referencing 'Westworld' et al, "Don't fear the machines - fear those who programme them."

They also say don't ascribe to malice what can be explained by stupidity, but there's got to be a better reason to do something than 'Because we can', or 'Let's see where this goes - What's the worst that could happen?'  :banghead:

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Rick Lowe

Yeah - someone with more money/brains than sense will see it as a challenge.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

I've contacted our lawyers and they are awaiting the call  ;)  :angel:  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 24, 2022, 05:50:13 AMI've contacted our lawyers and they are awaiting the call  ;)  :angel:  ;D
:wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

jcf

Yeah, Hugo Drax and his fantasies, of course he would need to find someone else who's already
done the work so he can buy them out and promote it as yet another example of his unmatched
business acumen.
;D

Rick Lowe

Interesting to find I'm not the only one who thinks he's acting more and more like a Bond villain every day.   :o
(I was going to say 'comforting', but that seems inappropriate, given the ramifications... )  ;)

scooter

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 24, 2022, 03:09:04 PMInteresting to find I'm not the only one who thinks he's acting more and more like a Bond villain every day.   :o
(I was going to say 'comforting', but that seems inappropriate, given the ramifications... )  ;)

And not exactly a competent Bond villain either.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rick Lowe

Quote from: scooter on October 24, 2022, 03:11:24 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 24, 2022, 03:09:04 PMInteresting to find I'm not the only one who thinks he's acting more and more like a Bond villain every day.  :o

And not exactly a competent Bond villain either.
;D
But then none of them are, particularly, as they always get taken down by the end of the movie.

NARSES2

Is it just me or does £72. 49 seem a bit high for a 1/72 scale kit ? I thought this was a misprint at first.  We live in strange times.  :-\

Airfix Victor

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 25, 2022, 05:44:11 AMIs it just me or does £72. 49 seem a bit high for a 1/72 scale kit ? I thought this was a misprint at first.  We live in strange times.  :-\

Airfix Victor

I paid that but in Canadian dollars
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike