Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

A group of modellers recently got to tour PlasTech, where the new 1/24th Spit and the Quickbuild kits are being MADE IN BRITAIN. <_<
(But note: tooling still made in China...)

This is just one of their videos, search on Youtube under "Airfix Factory Tour" to find more:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

It's a start! :thumbsup:

The tooling can come later. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Mossie

Airfix will announce the 2023 range at 4pm GMT on Tuesday 10th January.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

They must think they're in Hollywood. (sigh!)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Beermonster58

Quote from: Mossie on January 05, 2023, 11:32:52 AMAirfix will announce the 2023 range at 4pm GMT on Tuesday 10th January.
Following which ,the website will crash at 16.00.10.
Then we will have endless days/weeks of comments like :
Wrong scale/Version/colour scheme
Why did they do that when it should be (insert)
Yet more (insert). When are they ever going to produce (insert)
Too expensive
Surely we all know that (insert) would be a licence to print money/surefire best seller/goldmine/sell by the bucketload  (meaning I'd buy it! ;)  ;D )

I'm not getting excited about it. No point really. Airfix will disappoint and please probably in equal measure.
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

NARSES2

Glad I'm not the only one who sees the World like that  ;)

Personally I'll look at the news sometime during the week, probably when they e-mail me, and look forward to anything in it that I fancy and know that others are looking forward to those kits that I personally don't.

I must admit though that when news of the the 1/48 Anson came out I was completely indifferent, having received the kit as a surprise for Christmas I'm now in  :wub: with it.  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 08, 2023, 01:25:17 AMGlad I'm not the only one who sees the World like that  ;)

Personally I'll look at the news sometime during the week, probably when they e-mail me, and look forward to anything in it that I fancy and know that others are looking forward to those kits that I personally don't.

I must admit though that when news of the the 1/48 Anson came out I was completely indifferent, having received the kit as a surprise for Christmas I'm now in  :wub: with it.  ;D

Totaly with you on the news from Airfix and hope the same with the Anson as I have been watching a build on Britmodeller and quite fancy haveing a go myself.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

Quote from: Gondor on January 08, 2023, 03:41:37 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 08, 2023, 01:25:17 AMGlad I'm not the only one who sees the World like that  ;)

Totaly with you on the news from Airfix and hope the same with the Anson as I have been watching a build on Britmodeller and quite fancy haveing a go myself.

Gondor

The Anson is a lovely looking kit, I was more impressed with that than I was the 1/24 Spit IXc (which is of course a stunningly comprehensive kit).  My having a personal link to one of the Anson's markings options may of course inform/influence my opinion, but it really is one that could tempt me to 1/48 were I weak enough.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kitbasher on January 08, 2023, 04:32:35 AMThe Anson is a lovely looking kit, I was more impressed with that than I was the 1/24 Spit IXc (which is of course a stunningly comprehensive kit).  My having a personal link to one of the Anson's markings options may of course inform/influence my opinion, but it really is one that could tempt me to 1/48 were I weak enough.

Stay Strong, Dude!
Don't succumb to the Dark Side! ;D

killnoizer

Cause I haven't the money to get NEW kits I am always looking for vintage stuff.  The only one I am realy waiting for is a NEW LAND ROVER plastic kit . I think it is a real shame there is no one from Airfix made ...
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Beermonster58

:thumbsup:  Exactly. Maybe it's an age thing but, for me anyway, eagerly rushing on line to be the first to get the news makes as much sense as queuing up all night outside a shop to buy a record that was going to be available everywhere anyway ! Ludicrous! ;D  ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

Gondor

Quote from: Beermonster58 on January 09, 2023, 01:41:16 AM

:thumbsup:  Exactly. Maybe it's an age thing but, for me anyway, eagerly rushing on line to be the first to get the news makes as much sense as queuing up all night outside a shop to buy a record that was going to be available everywhere anyway ! Ludicrous! ;D  ;D
Ah! Now that depends on if you wanted to get the orijinal version that was in a picture sleave and coloured vinyl or not  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on January 09, 2023, 03:14:52 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on January 09, 2023, 01:41:16 AM

Ah! Now that depends on if you wanted to get the orijinal version that was in a picture sleave and coloured vinyl or not  :rolleyes:

Gondor

With the group/band/artist waiting in the shop to sign the first 50 copies  ;) I can remember some of the queues outside HMV in Oxford St back in the day. I never bothered but knew some who did. ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Freightdog862

I'm looking forward to the Vintage Classics, I'm a sucker for an old kit with a nice new decal sheet.

Colin   

kitbasher

Quote from: Freightdog862 on January 09, 2023, 01:19:31 PMI'm looking forward to the Vintage Classics, I'm a sucker for an old kit with a nice new decal sheet.

Colin   

Cessna O-2 and Skyvan for me!  Lots of real world and whif potential.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter