Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 17, 2023, 12:53:58 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 17, 2023, 09:37:00 AM
Quote from: Gondor on March 17, 2023, 09:07:52 AMTry THIS

Oh yes, I have one of those, an original Pegasus one, and I've been wondering how to Whiff it.

Just putting RAF Sqdn markings on it and hanging some Skyflashes underneath seem a bit obvious though.

Given that the Germans nearly pulled out of Eurofighter, perhaps Thatch may have gone it alone?

Actually, the ***** would have just axed EFA and bought US. 

Venturing into the prohibition on political posts here I think...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kitbasher

Oh yes, I have one of those, an original Pegasus one, and I've been wondering how to Whiff it.

Just putting RAF Sqdn markings on it and hanging some Skyflashes underneath seem a bit obvious though.

But it'll rattle the JMNs  :wacko:
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Steel Penguin

do it as active RAF, and a Eurofighter in the blue / white test colours, then do the write up so that the story confirms it, and see how many you catch  :wacko:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

I think OGL already did the 'standard RAF' EAP a while back, I've certainly seen one on the SIG stand a couple of times.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 17, 2023, 09:09:32 PMVenturing into the prohibition on political posts here I think...

It was certainly expressing an opinion which would/could annoy some and kick off a ruck (although I doubt the later), however as I'm not feeling brilliant at the moment I've amended it. Sorry if that annoys people, but I have to draw a line somewhere and perhaps I've been a little too lenient recently ?  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Knightflyer

A few years ago, in a universe just a little bit to one side ......

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=38617.msg633097#msg633097
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Mossie

Gondor

I'd prefer styrene, I've developed a slight aversion to resin kits although I should probably get over it.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

The original Pegasus kit is in styrene, albeit somewhat TOUGH styrene.  I suspect they may be rather rare these days though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 18, 2023, 06:15:09 AMI think OGL already did the 'standard RAF' EAP a while back, I've certainly seen one on the SIG stand a couple of times.
Not guilty Kit :mellow:
Sounds like one of trevors.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

McColm

I have a resin 1/50  desktop model in the stash with a pair of conformal tanks.

Do you think that Airfix will produce a better Ford Tri-Motor kit, either re-released with new glazing or a new mould?

Beermonster58

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 17, 2023, 08:20:38 AMOnce the shape gets nailed down a bit more I'd love to see a Tempest (the new one). 

I rather suspect that it will remain a "what if " regardless of whether or not the shape gets nailed down.

Quote from: Mossie on March 17, 2023, 08:08:08 AMThey're Viggen was the prototype.  I was pretty gutted to learn that when I bought it as a kid, I really wanted to do the fields and meadows scheme.  Probably a blessing, got out of all that masking!

I used solid colour decal sheet cut to shape
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 21, 2023, 10:07:32 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 17, 2023, 08:20:38 AMOnce the shape gets nailed down a bit more I'd love to see a Tempest (the new one). 

I rather suspect that it will remain a "what if " regardless of whether or not the shape gets nailed down.

If you read the latest news on it I think it's becoming more and more likely.  The formal agreement with Japan on development makes it both more affordable and politically harder to abandon.   A lot of future UK industrial base and jobs will be based on it too. For once I'm optimistic.  Obviously all can change in a heartbeat but I'd bet we see a prototype at Farnborough sooner than later. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Gondor

Quote from: McColm on March 21, 2023, 08:16:44 AMDo you think that Airfix will produce a better Ford Tri-Motor kit, either re-released with new glazing or a new mould?

Unlikely because the last request for ideas was for items they had not done before.
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Mossie

Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 21, 2023, 10:07:32 AMI rather suspect that it will remain a "what if " regardless of whether or not the shape gets nailed down.

Quote from: Mossie on March 17, 2023, 08:08:08 AMThey're Viggen was the prototype.  I was pretty gutted to learn that when I bought it as a kid, I really wanted to do the fields and meadows scheme.  Probably a blessing, got out of all that masking!

I used solid colour decal sheet cut to shape

I'd probably do something similar these days, either pre-printed decals or masks. I was 14-ish when I built it and probably unaware of aftermarket stuff.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 21, 2023, 10:43:11 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 21, 2023, 10:07:32 AM

If you read the latest news on it I think it's becoming more and more likely.  The formal agreement with Japan on development makes it both more affordable and politically harder to abandon.  A lot of future UK industrial base and jobs will be based on it too. For once I'm optimistic.  Obviously all can change in a heartbeat but I'd bet we see a prototype at Farnborough sooner than later. 

Now known by the catchy title of Global Combat Air Programme.  I personally think it's got a good chance of going ahead in some form.  Here's the latest GCAP artwork:

You cannot view this attachment.