Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiZac

Engraved panel lines it is! An official unboxing of the kit is live on YouTube and it looks like the biggest issue is the pilot seems to have stepped out of a Tornado in the mid-1980s...
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

Quote from: KiwiZac on March 24, 2023, 03:18:42 PMand it looks like the biggest issue is the pilot seems to have stepped out of a Tornado in the mid-1980s...

Well at least they've moved beyond the head and torso moulded onto a solid panel  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Actually, given that he seems to be wearing a leather flying helmet, goggles & fur/wool lined boots, I think he looks more like he stepped out of a Spitfire in 1945. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 26, 2023, 07:12:00 AMActually, given that he seems to be wearing a leather flying helmet, goggles & fur/wool lined boots, I think he looks more like he stepped out of a Spitfire in 1945. ;D

Wouldn't he be wearing a woolen pullover, a silk cravat and fur lined jacket, in 1945 in the best fighter command fashion?   :wacko:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Beermonster58

I normally eject pilot figures straight into the bin. Problem solved! Besides, how many people are seriously going to bother how the tiny 2.5cm pilot looks? ;)  ;D 
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

NARSES2

Must admit I very seldom use them, if ever in fact, but I do tend to keep them in case anyone needs them.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 27, 2023, 01:11:04 AMI normally eject pilot figures straight into the bin. Problem solved! Besides, how many people are seriously going to bother how the tiny 2.5cm pilot looks? ;)  ;D 

Well if you don't have the skill to paint them... ;D

I like to extend my whiffery to the pilot.  Someone in leather helmet, goggles and Mae West piloting a Harrier for example.
Plus I think it adds some human scale to the build.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Beermonster58

Quote from: zenrat on March 27, 2023, 03:14:56 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 27, 2023, 01:11:04 AMI normally eject pilot figures straight into the bin. Problem solved! Besides, how many people are seriously going to bother how the tiny 2.5cm pilot looks? ;)  ;D 

I like to extend my whiffery to the pilot.  Someone in leather helmet, goggles and Mae West piloting a Harrier for example.

;D  :thumbsup: .I have skill to paint them, it's just that I simply cannot be bothered. Fundamentally, I'm a lazy so & so! To be honest, I could take a pilot with leather helmet & Mae West sitting in a Harrier!! Certainly no stranger than X wing pilots getting into a spacecraft sans pressure suit and, g suit! ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on March 27, 2023, 03:14:56 AM

Not that far off of reality.  ;) :wacko:

Weaver

Don't know if anyone's noticed, but Airfix are doing 'bundles' of kits for substantially less than the combined RRPs of the kits in them.

The general page is here:
https://uk.airfix.com/shop/bundles?encoded=jc5NS8QwEAbgv1IvvVW2PdlDsCy46EEsLOhhKWGSzrbDpmmZJNL-e6OLa44e53nn69GAHVrwowDiM61FuORnMh7ZnSaycmHS2IndH8L6i1VZ39f1LWkZizfukTtxsz2D7ZP6A1X2tGoTHH1i4i8ep-yowaR4YMTsONKykB1SJ0tuTGCKR8DPvMmrSLV1p4XnPmgvFUsNHocYd0JxoYLtDbr_DbugkunXzcWGLdvPK7qmae6eZ6Vied34De9gAmYt6IvLFxhQUi_KsiqrXe5mjs9s4uEnEOUX

This one might interest quite a few people here: All three V-bombers for £149.99 (the combined RRP of the individual kits is £199.97):
https://uk.airfix.com/products/airfix-v-bomber-bundle-bundlea17

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

Yeah, their new 'grounds for divorce' range.

How many flying hours would get it free? 😎
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 30, 2023, 08:24:03 PMYeah, their new 'grounds for divorce' range.

LOL!  :thumbsup:  ;D

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 30, 2023, 08:24:03 PMYeah, their new 'grounds for divorce' range.

🤣🤣🤣
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Wardukw

Quote from: Weaver on April 30, 2023, 07:18:21 PMDon't know if anyone's noticed, but Airfix are doing 'bundles' of kits for substantially less than the combined RRPs of the kits in them.

The general page is here:
https://uk.airfix.com/shop/bundles?encoded=jc5NS8QwEAbgv1IvvVW2PdlDsCy46EEsLOhhKWGSzrbDpmmZJNL-e6OLa44e53nn69GAHVrwowDiM61FuORnMh7ZnSaycmHS2IndH8L6i1VZ39f1LWkZizfukTtxsz2D7ZP6A1X2tGoTHH1i4i8ep-yowaR4YMTsONKykB1SJ0tuTGCKR8DPvMmrSLV1p4XnPmgvFUsNHocYd0JxoYLtDbr_DbugkunXzcWGLdvPK7qmae6eZ6Vied34De9gAmYt6IvLFxhQUi_KsiqrXe5mjs9s4uEnEOUX

This one might interest quite a few people here: All three V-bombers for £149.99 (the combined RRP of the individual kits is £199.97):
https://uk.airfix.com/products/airfix-v-bomber-bundle-bundlea17

There won't be any divorce here cause by the time it gets here only very single ppl will be able to afford it..that's like $300+ nz before all the other bullocks is added...would be a damn nice set tho .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .