Kyushu J7W Shinden

Started by sequoiaranger, March 08, 2009, 01:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Bit of threadomancy, but I have a thought that boiled through my skull a little bit ago and thought I would share it.

I've always been intrigued at the thought of the Shinden operating off a Carrier, but the key problem has always been the answer of the hook, and where to put it.  I think I found my solution - place it in the center fuselage, behind the nose gear well, for a center-hitch connection.  It might need a bit of strengthening on the nose gear to catch that extra force, but it's one of the few places I could think of fitting an arrestor hook that wouldn't get chewed to hell by the prop.  Hang the hook so it drags close to the tail gears, but mounts further forward on the fuselage - you wouldn't have to worry about the sudden deceleration slamming the nose into the ground, since the nose gear is right there.  Could rig either a cat hook on the nose gear or with a similar fuselage-pull..  Just thought I'd bounce a few ideas around, since I'm considering one done in Carrier Squadron markings... ideally White like the Zeroes with an anti-glare down the nose...
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

rickshaw

Mmm, an interesting idea.  It may solve a problem I have in a design I'm working on...   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.