MiG-23 and MiG-27 Flogger

Started by Bryan H., August 05, 2008, 08:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Looks that way  :o Impressive  :thumbsup: They really changed things up on it
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sauragnmon

Looks like a twin engine indeed, Shas, and she's got a Real Long Nose.

Random thought - Full Delta Flogger?
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

dy031101

Quote from: Shasper on July 28, 2009, 09:22:53 PM
Looks like the rear fuselage is bigger . . . Twin engine perhaps?
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on July 28, 2009, 09:49:29 PM
Looks that way

I think so, too.

I haven't had the chance to buy (let alone play) the game, but the idea to think of the bigger Flogger with a tail gun like the one on the Tu-22M is tempting.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

pyro-manic

Looks almost like a Mig competitor to the Su-24 and F-111. Cool. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

famvburg

Mirage III intakes are too small, but Mirage IV intakes work. That's what I did on mine many years ago, along with Mirage III wings.

Quote from: royabulgaf on January 14, 2009, 06:39:27 AM
Hmm, assuming you are doing 1/72.  How about a MiG 23 fuselage, maybe grab a Yak 38 for the upper intake?  The side intakes, would a 1/72 Mirage 3 work or would they be too small.  The Mirage wings would then give you templates to make the wings from.

Kim M

GTX

My rough take on a MiG-23 Delta (I couldn't resist slightly down turned wingtips ;D):

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sauragnmon

Nice one greg, she's pretty interesting like that.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Daryl J.

I'd love to put a modified delta  a la Chengdu F-7 on the MiG-23.  Either that or a wing similar in shape to the Vigilante combined with a fuselage stretch to smoothly allow for a guy in back.

:cheers:
Daryl J.

marek

I am not sure if anyone has posted it before, but:

http://www.modelimex.com/1-72-mig-23-mf-what-if-japan-swiss-bahrain

There will be Japan, Bahrain and Swiss markings.

famvburg

Many years ago I made a 1/72 Faithless using a MiG-23 fuselage, Mirage IV intakes & Mirage III wings. It looks like a Faithless anyway. I haven't compared it to one of the recent actual Faithless kits tho.

Quote from: Weaver on December 29, 2008, 03:48:10 PM
It's trickier than it looks to bash up a MiG-23 and a MiG-21 to make a Faithless.  The wing was about 30% bigger than a MiG-21's, and the fuselage was a completely different shape to the MiG-23's: more like a Mirage III than anything. However, it wouldn't be that easy to use  a Mirage either, since the Faithless's intake trunks taper equally top and bottom whilst the Mirage's taper more at the top, and the's before you even get onto the mid-mounted wing vs. low-mounted wing.

You'd almost be better off splicing a shortened early MiG-21 fuselage apart at the front end and grafting the MiG-23 front in, although that still doesn't get around the wing-size problem.

famvburg

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac