M18 Hellcat GMC and M39 AUV Family of Vehicles

Started by General Zod, October 17, 2010, 05:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: ysi_maniac on December 17, 2017, 05:37:14 PM

Wargame config, odd scale (1/56), but a nice model anyway:  http://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2585

One of the tables at the recent London Model Show had a lot of armour kits in 1/56. Interesting scale. Some really interesting stuff  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

Interesting. Give it an extra road wheel and it would be even more so  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Combining the hull of a M42 Duster AA tank with the turret of an M18, the Type 64 Light Tank:

Used by the ROC Army on Taiwan.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Interesting vehicle Rick'. Doesn't look quite right, almost as though they've not ensured the two parts were to the same scale  ;)

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

Recce version of M18 with upgunned (50mm approx) M8 turret.

NARSES2

Weaver

We now have an M18 in 1/72nd: https://armourfast.com/product/m18-hellcat/

How about an M18 hull fitted with the FL-10 or FL-11 French oscillating turrets as used on the AMX-13 tank and many other vehicles post-war? The rational would probably be that some nation couldn't afford new vehicles so they up-gunned their M18s by any means they could. These get you all sorts of interesting up-gunning options:

75mm (Panther gun, basically)
75mm + 4 x SS-11 ATGWs
90mm
105mm

As a recce vehicle, the Chaffee turret could probably be fitted too.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ysi_maniac

M18 Hellcat with 60mm HVMS gun

Two different turrets. I am surprised M18 turret is bigger than M24's

NARSES2

ysi_maniac

I have to confess that I do not like M18 turret. Then ... different turrets for M18 hull.

NARSES2

ysi_maniac

M18 Hellcat converted to CRV (open and closed)