F-10 (F3D) Skyknight

Started by Cliffy B, August 18, 2010, 03:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

How about mating a F3D with a U-2? Could look like this...

Probably not the RC model builder's intention, but feasible!  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 02, 2014, 04:37:04 AM
How about mating a F3D with a U-2? Could look like this...

NOW you're talking!  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Logan Hartke

Wow, that's not too far off from an A-6 Intruder.

Cheers,

Logan

Dizzyfugu

Yup, from certain angles you really get reminded a lot of the A-6, e .g. from front/above, like in the pic here. In contrast to that, a view from low behind reminds a lot of the A-3 Skywarrior. O.K., its cousin lent the wing surfaces, but the F3D-3 really looks like the missing link between the Skyknight and the Skywarrior! And it is more appealing than I expected, it's a shame how the original straight wings "hise" the elegant, teardrop-shaped fuselage.

kitbasher

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 04, 2014, 02:29:07 AM
the F3D-3 really looks like the missing link between the Skyknight and the Skywarrior

Totally
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Captain Canada

That's awesome ! Who knew that the Skynight was an Intruder on the side ?

:lol:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

That looks JUST like a Skywarrior that's had it's engines caught in a giant bench vice and squished into the fuselage!

With the original straight wings you don't notice the similarities, but Thomas' works brings it all into focus. Nice one!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

major

Old Wombat

Skyknight, Skywarrior, Intruder &, from certain angles, the front end reminds me of the DH Venom.

Lots of eye-twisting in this build - Cool! :mellow:

:thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est