F-10 (F3D) Skyknight

Started by Cliffy B, August 18, 2010, 03:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kerick

Great work and totally believable!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Thank you - more to come soon. I tried to stay as close to the F3D-3 design as possible, hence the A-3 wing donations. It's truly "family style", and the result looks VERY good. Just has some trouble with the final decals (which arrived yesterday, so I can make finishing touches), but it's close to completion.  ;D

van883

Really plausible looking  :thumbsup:

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

Dizzyfugu

Thanks a lot. Just doing finishing touches, like some Sparrows and final parts. Post about the F3D-3 should come soon.  :cheers:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

major

loupgarou

Very pretty indeed!
And a clear Douglas family look, as you say.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

I watched the video, too, and asked why they do not give proper source credit (to anything, BTW) and simply steal other people's material for commercial purposes. That's what actually p!sses me of.
As expected, I not only received no answer, my (public) question with URL link to the original picture was silently deleted within hours... Now an official copyright infringement inquiry is running at YouTube, probably ending in the deletion of the video. We'll see.

Dizzyfugu

Thank you. But I agree that this one turned out nicely, even looking very much like the planned aircraft.  :lol:

However, I still wonder about the ignorance of the video makers: after all, the picture shows a fictional F3D-3, which is not referred to in the video, and on the carrier in the backgorudn there are F-4s, an RA-5C and even an A-6, so that I can just scratch my head about the "experts'" historical standards, which are (self-)claimed to be high...  :rolleyes: