Armoured Mobile Churches

Started by Radish, December 29, 2010, 12:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

These came after a search for Popemobiles on Google, but I also have ideas for "Congregation Protection Vehicles" armed with "Vicar's" machine guns.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

And sometimes I think you're crazy !  ;D

Kind of like up-armoured Hussites  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Mmm, now thats a convincing theological argument, if I've ever seen one!   ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

Made by this guy:

http://kuksi.com/

I saw some of his work in person at the Oxford Steampunk exhibition back in February. Very impressive, although, the lady I was with was disappointed when I pointed out that he hadn't sculpted all the little bits individually, rather he'd just raided a lot of kit boxes!  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lancer

The sort of thig hardcore missionaries would use "Convert or we'll shell you into submission!!!"  OR Conversion at the point of a (VERY BIG) gun....

SO, do you think they shoot fire 'n Brimstone shells?? Holy water 88mm's??

OR the ideal thing for church parade on a sunday morning on the battle field...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Gondor

I would have thought that a Churchill chassis would have been a better starting point !  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

On the top one, I'd like to offer a tentative identification of the church as "Church Stuttgart-Berg" in N scale by Vollmer:

http://www.vollmer-kit.de/en/articles/art_7760.html

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

The idea is obviously taking off:

http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_7154905_spacecraft_church_tank_tee_reviews

Note how they've photoshopped up their own design, presumably to avoid infringing Kuksi's copyright.

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Well I've already suggested to Rad that he finds a suitably plain church, sticks it on a Covenantor chassis and places a Saltire on the spire  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 30, 2010, 02:43:39 AM
Well I've already suggested to Rad that he finds a suitably plain church, sticks it on a Covenantor chassis and places a Saltire on the spire  ;D
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Actually would have preferred a rolling around laughing myself silly icon for this one

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Are these for the war against the Vampires?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

I'm just wondering what the atheist equivalent would be: University Gunboat?  Library Landing Craft? ;D

- Indiana Jones

beowulf

Quote from: Weaver on December 30, 2010, 05:55:41 AM
I'm just wondering what the atheist equivalent would be: University Gunboat?  Library Landing Craft? ;D

'Dawkins' class Destroyer  ;D
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Radish

Love the Dawkins Class Destroyer :wub:

Started with the Dapol (ex-Airfix) church last night, and although it's warped to b*ggery, basically got it together, but it needs lots of attention, details, etc.....

Not begun the tanky bit yet.
I need to look in the loft for something big.

Also up there is my projected mobile Spanish Inquisition "Interrogation" Vehicle, in 1/35th.

By the way, was thinking of "N" scale churches.....
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

deathjester

Funnily enough, our local vicar used to build tanks!  He'd like this - perfect for sorting out unbelievers....