POLL FOR 2011 GBs

Started by GTX, December 11, 2010, 01:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 15, 2010, 05:12:27 AM
How does this "remove votes" work? Will all five votes be removed? Do you get all five votes back?

yes and yes  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

JasonW

Quote from: Cliffy B on December 11, 2010, 02:18:19 PM
Come on SHIP GB!!!!!  It's time for something different!!!!  We've all done enough wingy things, its time for some floaty things!!!!  Get voting already, you know you secretly want this one to win!
I'm in on the ship GB also!
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

- George Burns

Weaver

What, no Gerry Anderson GB?  :unsure:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

I proposed the Gerry Anderson GB four years ago.  It's been in several polls & never got in.  I suggest we let it go peacefully.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: beowulf on December 15, 2010, 05:32:10 AM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 15, 2010, 05:12:27 AM
How does this "remove votes" work? Will all five votes be removed? Do you get all five votes back?

yes and yes  :thumbsup:

Thanks! :thumbsup: Did my bit to push the floaty things. Even if that meant having to withdraw a vote for the (hopelessly behind) Figures GB.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

ysi_maniac

Buttler for president!!! :thumbsup: :party: :blink:
Will die without understanding this world.

Mossie

I voted a few days back, none of my choices seem to be anywhere near the top runners!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

proditor

Quote from: Mossie on December 17, 2010, 05:05:47 AM
I voted a few days back, none of my choices seem to be anywhere near the top runners!
I know the feeling.  :(

Cliffy B

Question gents; if everyone is voting for 5 each, are the top 5 going to be the proverbial winners or will there be more?  Just wondering.
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

beowulf

Quote from: proditor on December 17, 2010, 08:50:01 AM
Quote from: Mossie on December 17, 2010, 05:05:47 AM
I know the feeling.  :(

ditto  :-\
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

GTX

Quote from: Cliffy B on December 17, 2010, 10:02:21 AM
Question gents; if everyone is voting for 5 each, are the top 5 going to be the proverbial winners or will there be more?  Just wondering.

Is it SO HARD to read the rules???: 

"We can decide how many GBs we do, what precedence they have and how long they go for once the votes are in.  If need be, we can also run a second round of voting with a short list of candidates."

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Green Dragon

Looks like two of my votes are going nowhere (Bond & Let's Go To The Movies) so I think I'll have to do a bit of strategic revoting!
The other three are doing ok at the moment.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Steel Penguin

my 5 are in.
as to how well they do... dont bother me.
heres to seeing what comes out the outher end. :cheers:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

GTX

Folks,

A suggestion has been made (by me) that maybe the Phoenix II GB should just go ahead anyway (regardless of the vote numbers) to guilt some of you into finishing models already started but now languishing.  What say you?

If agreed, people who voted for it can reassign votes accordingly.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Spey_Phantom

i believe in the fairness and honnesty of the members and mods.
i am NOT removing my votes, i dont care witch GB goes ahead, the point of our hobby is to have fun.
im also entering GB's to have fun, not to win  :mellow:

if people want to participate in the GB of another choise, they can change there votes (as mentioned by GTX).
the voting is running till new years day, so there's plenty of time to decide  :rolleyes:

lets keep fair please, and dont try to manipulate the voters (no offence)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.