POLL FOR 2011 GBs

Started by GTX, December 11, 2010, 01:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Hobbes on December 18, 2010, 01:34:20 PMGentlemen,

I think it's time to take a step back, before things are said that can't be unsaid.

Agreed, take a breath folks.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Taiidantomcat

Now now folks, there is no rule that says you can't build outside a GB. If none of my votes win I will just go to plan B, enter what I can and not worry about what I can't-- I can always build and post in current and finished projects without a hitch.

Greg, once again thank you for doing this. The ability to change votes helped me because I would vote for ten if I could, but instead voted for the 5 I liked that I felt had a good chance of winning. I really appreciate this poll and how organized it is  :cheers:

I must admit I am excited to see the results!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

puddingwrestler

wow - 77 voters! (at present anyway) - that's gotta be coming up close to some sort of record. I didn't realise we had that many active and voting members on the forum!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

sandiego89

Yes, thank you much Greg for putting this together, I appreciate all this forum has done for getting me motivated and interested in the hobby again. Nothing on the internet with multiple users will ever be perfect, but I consider WHIF just about the perfect forum due to spirit of encouragement and support.  Thanks guys.

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

beowulf

well.....i voted last week, changed my mind almost immediatly........recast cos i had changed my mind on one.......and stuck with it

if im lucky one of my choices will do well enough to get done...............if im really lucky i will be able to participate!  ;D

must admit ive never seen a site chose its GB's in this manner, and so far in advance.................but i must say its probably the most suitable way for a site of this type which has such a wide ranging subject matter, cant think of another that would work as well on here

less chat, more building!!!!  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

ChernayaAkula

Sitting at 77 voters for close to a week now. Don't think there'll be too many further voters. Maybe it's time to call it quits and kick things off as soon as possible? Say the winner on New Year's Day?
Maybe a second vote to decide on the runner-up? Africa, Space and VTOL are tied with 17 votes each.
And after that there's Captured Equipment with 16 and Nightfighters, Never Retired and Ship GB with 15 votes each.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Spey_Phantom

altered my votes, that should take care of the unsettled tie i guess  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Supertom

Hi everyone,

I've split the topic off from the vote.  Nothing's changed.  There are plans to refine the polling rules too, but this one will run as is.  Thanks for your patience.  Enjoy!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Taiidantomcat

So its

1.) The '46 GB    - 22 (6.2%)

2.) Africa GB    - 18 (5%)

TIE 3.) Space... The Final Frontier...GB    - 17 (4.8%)
TIE 3. )VTOL  GB also covering the Harrier GR9 GB + Helicopters etc    - 17 (4.8%)

4.) Captured Enemy Equipment GB    - 16 (4.5%)

TIE 5.) Never Retired GB    - 15 (4.2%)
TIE 5.) Ship GB    - 15 (4.2%)
TIE 5.) Nightfighters GB    - 15 (4.2%)

And then another Tie for Tiger meet and MiG GB

;D

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Spey_Phantom

So, when are we starting?  ;D

ive got tons of Luft, RAF, IJN and USAAF'46 projects in mind  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Nils on January 09, 2011, 03:16:41 AM
So, when are we starting?  ;D

ive got tons of Luft, RAF, IJN and USAAF'46 projects in mind  :mellow:

Same here, and I am excited to start!  :thumbsup:

Hobbes

So, what's the next step? Another poll to resolve the ties?

ChernayaAkula

Shouldn't we get started on the '46 GB sometime soon? Already three weeks into the year and as many weeks without a GB!  ;)

How about February 1st (or any date before that) as the kick-off date for the '46 GB?

Since Thorvic said one would kick off every four weeks, maybe start the Africa GB in mid-February, to get things aligned again?
I'd volunteer to mod the Africa GB and mid-February would also coincide with the start of my semester break, meaning there'd be no time with me being unavailable due to university issues.

That would mean we could get the first two GBs on the road and give us some time to think about what to do with the tied GBs.  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

proditor

What if we just ran the "top 5" and called it a year?

That would be 8 GB's, and since there is obviously some overlap, I'd think that a couple could run semi-concurrently.

Also, we could then just wipe the slate with new recommendations for 2012.

Thoughts?

kitbasher

Quote from: Hobbes on January 19, 2011, 12:38:48 AM
So, what's the next step? Another poll to resolve the ties?

Single Transferrable Vote next time perjaps?
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter