My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Wren

ordered in January (yes, 7 months ago  :banghead: ) from Cromwell Models all 1/76-72;

JS-4 heavy tank
Conqueror heavy tank
Swedish upgraded Centurion (to be upgraded Britsh Army 1980s)
Windor Carrier (for my Tommy '46 thing)
T28 Super Heavy (for my Yank '46 thing)

'exemplary' service from Cromwell Models - despite numerous emails and letters (all unanswered) it took the big stick of Trading Standards to get this one sorted out. That's his last order from me then...

kitnut617

Quote from: JayBee on July 17, 2011, 06:10:16 AM
Was forced to do the 75mile round trip to Jamieson's in Glasgow this morning for a tin of paint :blink:
Jim

He! He!  we do that just to go do grocery shopping every week ;)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Martin H

Quote from: Mike Wren on July 18, 2011, 06:11:18 AM
ordered in January (yes, 7 months ago  :banghead: ) from Cromwell Models all 1/76-72;

JS-4 heavy tank
Conqueror heavy tank
Swedish upgraded Centurion (to be upgraded Britsh Army 1980s)
Windor Carrier (for my Tommy '46 thing)
T28 Super Heavy (for my Yank '46 thing)

'exemplary' service from Cromwell Models - despite numerous emails and letters (all unanswered) it took the big stick of Trading Standards to get this one sorted out. That's his last order from me then...

Consider your self lucky to get anything Mike. Last I heard (back in April) he had gone out of business. Leaving a shed load of unfulfilled orders.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

From a collection sale at club over the weekend - Original Airfix Navy Lynx and Army lynx - in original artwork boxes...the first helo's I ever built...and from Morning star in Camberley - Airfix Canadair Avon sabre
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mike Wren

Quote from: Martin H on July 18, 2011, 07:43:58 AM
Consider your self lucky to get anything Mike. Last I heard (back in April) he had gone out of business. Leaving a shed load of unfulfilled orders.

ah right, I hadn't heard that. Still, whatever is the case it's such as shame as the kits themselves are superb, sadly the way they run the company is a bit of a joke  :banghead:

Radish

1/32nd Revell (Matchbox) Spitfire 22/24
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

chrisonord

Quote from: Radish on July 19, 2011, 11:57:50 AM
1/32nd Revell (Matchbox) Spitfire 22/24
I have one of those for sale
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Martin H

via Ebay.
one Plasticart Junkers G23/24.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

via ebay:
KP Spitfire LFIXe (original boxing)
Model Alliance Spitfire Recce pt 1 (Early Merlin Spits)
HBM Manchester conversion (Bargain price - £13!  Hefty piece of resin too.)
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

IanH

From ePay - a 1/48th Resin Beaufighter - only got it for the internals & Engines...

GTX

This week's additions:

1/48 Hasegawa Aichi B7A2 Grace
1/35 Trumpeter Challenger II MBT
1/48 Hasegawa Grumman F-14A Plus Tomcat

Regards,

Greg

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

ChernayaAkula

The stash grew A LOT today! All from the same evilBay vendor (shipping paid just once, hehe! :wacko:):

1/48 Hobby Boss Yak-38/Yak-38M Forger - real world, but not an everyday real world build...
1/32 Trumpeter Missile US Aircraft Weapons - wanted this for a SLAM-ER, to be scale-o-rama'd to 1/72, but it may just be too big for what I have in mind
1/72 Revell F-16C Tiger Meet 2003 - you can never have enough Vipers, right?
1/144 Revell F/A-18E Super Hornet
1/200 Cyber Hobby/Dragon Avro Vulcan B.2 - just wanted to have one. It's gorgeous!  :wub: Hope Dragon will release it in 1/144 as well. This 1/200 one will probably be kitbashed with a 1/72 Hunter fuselage to make a 1/72 Avro 707-ish proof-of-concept vehicle or some operational machine. Then again, sticking on a 1/44 Tornado canopy wouldn't look out of place either. Hmmm......

1/144 Revell German Type XXI U-Boot with interior - might try something for the Ship GB.
1/350 Hobby Boss USS Virginia SSN 774
1/350 Trumpeter PLAN DDG-139 Ningbo
1/350 Trumpeter PLAN DDG-139 Ningbo - yes, two. Had already placed a bid on the second one, thinking I'd be outbid on the first one. Oh well, still paid only about 40% of the regular retail price for each. Hmmm, that Soviet battle-cruiser form X-Men.....
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

McColm

Revell Sea Master in 1/136 scale.

Weaver

From SMTF models, Airfix 1/72nd TSR.2-MS.

Went in to maybe buy the Valiant, but nah: it's too big, too dear, and I don't have any particular plan for it.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones