My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Yeah, but you're not thinking of doing it, gasp, real world are you??? :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on August 18, 2011, 07:32:15 AM
Yeah, but you're not thinking of doing it, gasp, real world are you??? :wacko:

Probably, yes Simon. I've an old Airfix one to Wif. All part of the current 50/50, real/wif programme
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mike Wren

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 18, 2011, 07:44:52 AM
All part of the current 50/50, real/wif programme

there's no need for that sort of language around here! ;)

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on August 14, 2011, 10:29:51 AM
i just placed an online order for e few new stash editions  ;D

-1/72 Airfix TSR-2M5 STRATOS (my first TSR-2 going to build it as standard Belgian Air Force fighter, maybe a tigermeet version)

and also, a few new 1/144's:

-Revell Mig-29 and F/A-18D (for kitbash into MIG-35, as part of the planned BAF-2025 F-16 replacement plan)
-Revell E-2C Hawkeye (to be build as Hawkeye AEW.1 for my HMS Kestrel build)
-Revell F-104G Starfighter
-Revell SU-47 Berkut
-Revell F-19 Stealth fighter
-Trumpeter F-22A Raptor (BAF-2025)
-Trumpeter F-117 Stealth fighter
-Airfix Boeing clipper
-Airfix Boeing 727
-Academy Mig-23 Flogger

arrived today  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Leading Observer

Just managed to stop myself ordering the Italeri B-58 from Model Hobbies today.....my better half was muttering something about "un-necessary expenditure", so discretion was the better part of valour :banghead: Maybe next month?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

NARSES2

Quote from: Mike Wren on August 18, 2011, 07:57:02 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 18, 2011, 07:44:52 AM
All part of the current 50/50, real/wif programme

there's no need for that sort of language around here! ;)

Mea Culpa  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Received today from KingKit a Heller 1/72 Hawker Tempest Mk V.
Looks to be a very nicely molded model though rather bare as far as the interior goes.
I bought it to go with my Jays Models Tempest Mk 1 conversion which brings up the new question of what to do with the spare fuselage.
Interestingly the delivery box was packed useing a couple of pages from Continental magazine from June 1991 so I will keep hold of the pages in case any railway modeller here wants the pages.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Radish

3 x Airfix 1/48th Spitfire XIIs.
They're a lovely kit that builds beautifully. I've 2 of them "in progress" as whiffs for the BIGGLES SIG....one Yugoslavian AF postwar, the other French AF 1946. ;)

1/72nd  Airfix Spitfire IX....to be built real for an article I'm doing. :o :o
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

From an LHS:

Italeri 1/72nd M4A3E2 Jumbo twin-pack. Wargame-oriented or not, these are two nicely detailed models.
Also got some brass tube for the making of jetpipes with.

AND

Decided to "liberate" the two Ma.K. models that have been cluttering up their shelf for the two years I've been going in these:

Nitto 1/76th Nutrocker and 1/20th Jerry Armoured fighting suit.

I'm not into Ma.K so these two are going straight on sale here, followed by e-bay if no whiffer wants them.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

oz rb fan

went to ipms Melbourne swap and sell came home with rs  ki-60,planet  ki-78 and a+v j5n1,i'm beginning to see a theme here ;)

The Wooksta!

From ebay:
AZ Attacker F1.  More long term stash.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Big Gimper

All from Ebay:

1. Monogram F7F-3 to be a FAA F2V-1
2. Matchbox F3D to be a RCN CF3D-3
3. Special Hobby P-59A to be a Tiger Force RCAF P-59C night fighter (radar coming from a F6F-5N)
4. Hasegawa F4U-1 Birdcage to be a RCAF P-49B (Thanks to Jorel: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,24074.1140.html)
5. MPM Spitfire PR Mk. XIX to be a USAAF F-11A

Carl
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

The Wooksta!

That MPM Spit needs some TLC - the fuselage is wont not to close with the cockpit in.  My trick with it (and the MPM PRXI and Special Hobby PR.X - they're all from the same tool but the tail is woefully flat) is to fit it in one fuselage side and wait for it to set, then sand the hell out of it until it closes.

Another thing - the canopy has a tendency to turn yellow.  I've several Fujimi PR Spits (they've been converted to low backs) and the canopy from that will fit it nicely.  The Falcon Spitfire canopy set has a PRXIX canopy on it too.

Just won on ebay (thanks to a tip off from Deathjester!)
Brigade Spitfire F.XII conversion.  IF the fuselage fits an Airfix F.Ia, it's going to be a mk IVa fighter in BoB markings.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Big Gimper

Thanks for the tips.

I built one already. Also the rear stabilizers are different sizes. I read this has happened on a few MPM kits.  :banghead:

The other frustration was the tail wheels doors which are PE. Could not get get the ^%##*^&%!!!! to attach so I created a new set from 010 Thou styrene. 

I am sucker for punishment.  :rolleyes:
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

The Wooksta!

Not on mine they weren't.  All plastic.  However, the Airfix PR.XIX has a set of closed doors which will be open with a quick slice of a scalpel.  They've been very handy for other Spits.

Never noticed the tailplanes though...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: