My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: deathjester on September 03, 2011, 06:13:42 AM
Quote from: Weaver on September 03, 2011, 05:59:06 AM
From ebay, Airfix 1/24th scale Wallis WA 116 autogyro "Little Nellie" as used by 007... :wub:

Unusually cheap, so I don't know whether to keep it (Red Arrows colours?) or put it straight back on at "collector's price"....  :unsure:
Depends if it is the original, or repop - might be worth re-doing as a developed version with a 1970s RAF / Navy pilot...?

Re-pop (last copyright notice = 1996), but they still go for silly money (remember it's James Bond collectors as well as kit collectors). Check this out:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAMES-BOND-AutoGyro-Little-Nellie-Airfix-Model-Kit-/200586618120?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item2eb3e4e508

6 sold and 4 left at £25..... :blink:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

deathjester

Crikey!! :o  We need some of those!!

Weaver

Hey how about that? You Only Live Twice is on telly right now..... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

The model's will al be sold by the end of the film I bet.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Big Gimper

From Ebay, lot of 6. Sorry if I out bid you.   :rolleyes:

1)    Heinkel He 60 WWII German Float Plane by Azur.  I may sell this one. Anyone interested?
2)    Flettner Fl 265 WWII German Helicopter by Special Hobby. 
3)    Bearcat F8F by Monogram.  Will remove the engine and install a Sea Fury Bristol Centaurus and prop.
4)    Mig-9 by Amodel. 
5)    F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair Hasegawa. Making it a P-49B handed off to the ROCAF in 1944. http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,24074.1140.html
6)    Mig-15 Fagot by DML

Carl
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on September 03, 2011, 08:10:12 AM
Hey how about that? You Only Live Twice is on telly right now..... ;D

Glad the film was on: I was about to make a fool of myself by bemoaning the fact that you can't get the Brantly "bad guy" helos seen on the box art. Well there ARE Brantlys in the film, but the ones that do all the fighting are Bell-47s.

The Brantlys on the box art have single MGs in swivel mounts operated by the passenger, as opposed to the twin fixed guns seen on the Bells. Given how hard it is to aim a fixed gun from a helicopter, the swivel gun's probably a better idea....

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

Just won on evilbay, 2 x Novo Supermarine Attackers.  I now have all that I currently (note careful use of the word "currently") require for The Plan, plus a spare in case of further inspiration.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

MilitaryAircraft101

Quote from: Falcon on September 03, 2011, 11:45:08 AM
Finally after months of reducing the stash I have managed to start increasing it again.

Popped over to Sheffield to do a spot of shopping and came home with a kit from Modelzone.

An Airfix 1/48 English Electric Canberra B.2/B.20/B.62/B.(I)6 for the bargain price of £14.99.   :thumbsup:

How's the kit look? Been looking at spicing the whole thing up with unimaginable amounts of aftermarket. Is it a nice kit, reviewers seem to think so, but Brett Green "may" fall in the category of JMN  :banghead:

The Wooksta!

From evilbay:

Frog Meteor IV.  Wanted the DH Hornet the seller also had but it got away from me.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

From Bugle, a Zvezda Siege Machines kit!!!  :o

It's actually as a result of an exchange on the VTOL Group Build thread and a portion of it will become an access ladder for my RW XFY-1 Pogo and my Convair-Hawker Osprey F1.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 05, 2011, 03:33:13 AM

It's actually as a result of an exchange on the VTOL Group Build thread and a portion of it will become an access ladder for my RW XFY-1 Pogo and my Convair-Hawker Osprey F1.

When I first saw this, I immediately expected  mangonels, ballistae and  trebuchets  with ultra long winged projectiles!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Radish

4 x various Star Wars pocket-sized fighters so I can have daft fun..... :banghead: :banghead:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

James

In Brum visiting relatives and went for a wonder to Model Zone in the city centre - excellent store. Anyway, got a 1/72 Academy F-84E/G only £4.99.

Plenty of other stuff in the sale as well including 1/72 Academy C-97A and KC-97G for £17.99. If you are in the midlands get down there.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on September 05, 2011, 03:46:36 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 05, 2011, 03:33:13 AM

When I first saw this, I immediately expected  mangonels, ballistae and  trebuchets  with ultra long winged projectiles!

I'll work on it............  ;D

Regards
Kit

GTX

My latest:

1/48 Planet Models CAC CA-15 Kangaroo
1/48 Planet Models CAC CA-6 Wackett Trainer

I'm not really sure what to do with the latter, so am open to suggestions.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!