My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on September 16, 2011, 02:24:11 AM
I'm emulating the Castle Bromwich assembly line.

Wonderfull roundabout there with its 3 Spitfires

I'm emulating the Castle Bromwich assembly line.
Expect numerous real ones, some slightly tweaked ones, and a few more tweaked ones......

As ever, lots of ideas......I've left the real world well behind me, and exist in a land of polystyrene, meerkats, cake and music. :drink:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 16, 2011, 02:29:17 AM

You left out the outrageous Rocky Horror costumes.......  ;D ;) :lol:

You would bring that up  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

2 Airfic P-40 B's although the boxing is Curtis Hawk 81-A-2 which whilst accurate might confuse youngsters, but then would they know what a P-40 was anyway ? Geez I'm getting old  :banghead:

One a real Flying Tigers aircraft the other to be French
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

deathjester

I'm emulating the Castle Bromwich assembly line......

Hmm..., so nothiing will happen for two years then? :lol: :lol:

Weaver

From eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevilbay:

Imai SKY-1 from UFO  :wub: :wub: :wub:

Got it for a sensible price because it's part-started and the mini-vehicles that fit inside it (not accurate anyway) and the wheels (ditto) are gone. The firing "matra pod" tops still work though, as the cat can testify.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

anthonyp

I bought (for the first time in about six months) something new and old today:

1/72 Italeri RF-18
1/72 Academy F-22A

I'm still curious of the difference between the Academy and the Fujumi F-22 kits, other than the Fujumi one is $20 more than the Academy one (which also has a separate engine... whoo....hooo....)
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

McColm

Zvezda 1/72 Mig 1.44 next generation multi role fighter. I don't think it got any orders to go into production.

Mossie

BW Models 1/76 Bedford RL 3 tonner, cab, chassis, wheels - early cab, white metal conversion set
BW Models 1/76 Alvis Stalwart amphibian Mk.1 white metal kit
BW Models 1/76 transfer set, arm of service flashes & unit numbers (post 45) sheet 1

All direct from BW Models
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

TsrJoe

from my local hobby stre, Jamiesons Models, i had intended nipping in for an Italeri Jaguar but instead picked up ...

Revell 1/72 Gloster Meteor F.4 x2 a really nice kit possibly MPM provenance ? (i intend completing one as an FR.5 based upon one of John Lacey's profiles from 2008 in PR.Blue and Med Sea Grey)

Hobbyboss 1/72 MiG.15, MiG.3, and Dewotine D.520 (all to be whatif, the latter based upon one of 'panther g's profiles)

oh and they didnt have the Jaguar i was after in stock, just the T.2, doh  :banghead:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

frank2056

Quote from: TsrJoe on September 17, 2011, 10:10:24 AM
Hobbyboss 1/72 MiG.15, MiG.3, and Dewotine D.520 (all to be whatif, the latter based upon one of 'panther g's profiles)

The two Hobbyboss Mig-15s are really nice kits. They have some easily corrected issues. This long thread on ARC covers most of them: http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=159967

The Edward set with the pre-painted interior bits is very nice and their Mig-15 painting mask will save a lot of frustration, since the canopy panel lines on the Hobbyboss kit aren't the best.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Won an original issue Hasegawa Hughes 500MD off eBay - an impulse buy. Haven't built a helo in so long, and will be What-Iffing it sometime very soon. Another candidate for the "most-masking-on-a-single-build" competition !!

Will start a thread when I start to cut plastic.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

kitnut617

Revell 1/72 Gloster Meteor F.4 x2 a really nice kit possibly MPM provenance ? (i intend completing one as an FR.5 based upon one of John Lacey's profiles from 2008 in PR.Blue and Med Sea Grey)

A couple of years ago Joe, Phil Butler (or was it Tony Buttler  :banghead: ) posted an article in an Air-Britain magazine (maybe Aeromilitaria) of a pair of PR Meteors.  He had been helping go through a recently deceased Air-Britain member's vast collection of books and photos for the fellow's wife, when he came across a transcript for a new book about Meteors (not published).  In the file was a photo of what can only be called a PR.3, this was an un-armed Mk.III with a really odd nose which had large flat panes of glass for the cameras and these had unusual fairings around them.  The second photo he found is what was called a PR.5 as it too was completely un-armed and was an F.4 with the PR.9 nose (probable the fore-runner to the PR.9 nose actually), the photo dispelled the report that the Meteor 5 was an FR.5.  Both photos were published in the Aeromilitaria issue that the article was in.  I'll try to find which one it was but I've got to remember where I put them.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Daryl J.

Italeri B-57B Canberra
Airfix B-57B (etc) Canberra  (Can one have too many Canberra's?)
Airfix 1/48  Ju-87B-2 that had not only the Airfix kit in it, but also a Monogram Stuka minus the main wings, plus there was photoetch, and resin wheels!
Hasegawa Alf
All for less than $25US today while shopping underneath the wings of the Spruce Goose.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Daryl J. on September 17, 2011, 08:58:01 PM
Italeri B-57B Canberra
Airfix B-57B (etc) Canberra  (Can one have too many Canberra's?)

No!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Revell 1/72 Gloster Meteor F.4 x2 a really nice kit possibly MPM provenance ?

As far as I know it is the MPM kit Joe and it's a nice one

Martin H

Ive just got back from todays Sutton Coldfield show. For a change one show the SIG does not display at.
Our friend Adrian of Lonewulf has been the major beneficiary of todays spending.

Classicplane Bristol Type 28 Tourer-Coupe. (Bristol F2B airliner)
Classicplane Hispano Ha-1109 Jota.
Classicplane Junkers F-13 Pidgeon carrier.
RS Models Flettner FI-282 V6/V16/V20. The V20 still survives at the midland air museum, so it has local interest for me.
Revell Eurofighter 2000.
Revell Messerschmitt P1099.
Hasegawa McDD F-4E Phantom.
Airfix Avro Lancaster BIII.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.