My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Four additions today, all by Revell and courtesy of a nice shop that offered 20% off on all toys, even those with discount stickers!  :party:
1/72 Ju 88A-4 - looks just great in the box. May need more of these....
1/48 Dassault Rafale B Tigermeet - you just can't possibly have enough Rafales. Ever. And it was cheap.
1/144 E-2C Hawkeye
1/108 (?) Naboo Starfighter - a lot smaller than anticipated.  :-\
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

GTX

Couple more today:

• 1/48 Valom Antonov An-4/An-2W
  • 1/35 Tamiya M60A3
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

The Wooksta!

From ebay:
Heritage Supermarine 224 - that'll be Spanish Republican
Heller Spitfire F.16 - the original black boxing so should be free of that twist in the fuselage which seems to afflict the current release in black plastic. 

From Modelzone
1 bottle Maskol
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Aircav

From the LMS, a Trumpeter Hawker Seahawk and a Academy P-47D, both 1/48 scale and both to be whiffed.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Bungle

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 26, 2011, 03:14:16 AM
From ebay:
Heritage Supermarine 224 - that'll be Spanish Republican
Heller Spitfire F.16 - the original black boxing so should be free of that twist in the fuselage which seems to afflict the current release in black plastic. 

From Modelzone
1 bottle Maskol

Not for me to tempt money out of your wallet but knowing you have a slight inclanation towards the dear old Spit you may be interested in this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/39-x-1-72-scale-Aircraft-Kits-Supermarine-Spitfires-/300615472937?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item45fe141729

39 Spitfires for £0.99p ?

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Bungle on October 26, 2011, 07:28:57 AM
Not for me to tempt money out of your wallet but knowing you have a slight inclanation towards the dear old Spit you may be interested in this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/39-x-1-72-scale-Aircraft-Kits-Supermarine-Spitfires-/300615472937?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item45fe141729

39 Spitfires for £0.99p ?

Strewth, The Wooksta will be in there like a shot!  ;D ;)

Mind you, the postage is a bit steep, depends how much they all weigh without their boxes.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

He was and doesn't need tempting.  However, if that lot goes for under £40, I'll be surprised.  A lot can happen in 6 days.

There's a lot of junk in there, but even they can have their uses.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

Airfix 1/72 Bell Sea Cobra helicopter, from Alders in Croydon. The box was battered, but the contents, decals and instructions are still in good condition.

Weaver

From ebay, Heller 1/130th Bell X-15  :wub:

Crappy little kit actually, but it's a pure nostalgia buy, since it was one of the few kits I had as a kid that I made a real effort to make a nice job of, and then totally blew it  :rolleyes:.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

RotorheadTX

Kerrillc

Heller Jaguar A and a Italeri F4C/J Phantom from my usual shop on Lavender Hill.
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

ChernayaAkula

R.V. Aircraft 1/72 MiG-23BN!  :wub: Pricy, but very nice!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Geoff on October 25, 2011, 01:56:50 PM
Dragon Do-335-B4"Recon", long span version. Probably be Swedish in PRU blue, with decals from the Airfix Spitfire PR-IXX. I cannot make my mind up whether to do it with the blacked out crown markings for the Soviet overflights, or the full colour markings.

i've bought one of these too geoff, from the aviation hobby shop this week. its a lovely kit.

however, at modelzone holborn i slipped and bought a trio of airfix's re-released angel interceptors.

also the new zvezda 1/35 soviet recon set 1943-1945 that comes with the captured german soldier, and a couple of trumpeter 1/35 figure sets
that cover german troops serving with ISAF that come with decal sheets for the camo schemes on the uniforms and equipment.

but why can't i get a set of IM modern UK soldiers anywhere!  :banghead:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Hobbes

From the LHS:
Airfix Vostok
Airfix beam engine

and I ordered an Airfix Saturn V.

NARSES2

From Croydon MZ 2 Airfix new tool Zero's. One to be real world the other to be WIF'd as per an electronic conversation with Thorvic  ;D :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.