My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Having said on the Telford 2011 thread that I wouldn't be buying any kits at the show because I simply dont need/want anymore for the foreseeable future, I just won/bought two 'bargains' from eBay:

Academy 1:48 F-15C

and a

RoG 1:48 F-86F-40 (the excellent Hasegawa kit with resin wing extensions and at a sensible price)

Combined price including postage for both, a shade over £28.00 - If you can find one, a Hasegawa F-86F-30 (the standard non-export one), will set you back around £25.00 alone !!, One of them will definitely be 'Whiffed' - but I'm not saying which... yet !!

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

GTX

A rarer one today - a 1/48 AER SAL Moldova Sukhoy Su-1
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on November 06, 2011, 08:59:11 AM
Would the Pe-2 make a good basis for the Gloster Reaper?  They look similar and dimensionally I don't think they're too far out (I did compare plans a while ago).  Certainly some surgery needed- not least the engines.  Any thoughts?

Not sure Dave. I've built the Magna kit of the Reaper and I have a unbuilt Zveda kit of the Pe-2. I'll compare them and chat at Telford.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

MilitaryAircraft101

Revell 1/72 Hunter F.6 w/ Eduard cockpit set! Courtesy of RotorheadTX! Thanks mate, brilliant kit, can't wait to do her up. This one will be real world, but my Airfix FGA.9 might be whif.  :wacko:

GTX

• 1/48 Tamiya Mitsubishi A6M3
  • 1/35 Heller AMX 13 Canon de 105
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

The Wooksta!

Would the Pe-2 make a good basis for the Gloster Reaper?  They look similar and dimensionally I don't think they're too far out (I did compare plans a while ago).  Certainly some surgery needed- not least the engines.  Any thoughts?

Better off with the Peregrine engined Gloster F.?? for the wings and use a hacked around Meteor fuselage.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

italeri appear to have re-released their AC-130H spectre and what a nice kit it is.

bought one yesterday i did.

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

Radish

A big box from Model Hobbies arrived today....oooops ;D ;D

2 x Airfix 1/144th Vostok 1....both to be "beefed up" for RAF duty.
1/48th HobbyBoss Ta-152C...going to be an operational Luftwaffe one....not real, of course.
2 x Academy Polikarpov I-16...yes, I know the Eduard is as cheap and nicer,but I like it's simplicity, and it has nice SCW markings....although these will most likely be RAF and French.
2 x Academy 1/48th F4U-4B...a not particularly accurate kit, BUT ideal for whatifery and they'll build nicely as RAF aircraft, at least one for Biggles.

So, won't be spending much at Telford...possibly a bit on books or a spaceship.
I'll be painting/modelling on the BIGGLES SIG stand on my tiny portable table. :wub: :thumbsup: :drink: :drink: :party: :party: :blink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 07, 2011, 06:23:55 AM
Would the Pe-2 make a good basis for the Gloster Reaper?  They look similar and dimensionally I don't think they're too far out (I did compare plans a while ago).  Certainly some surgery needed- not least the engines.  Any thoughts?

Not sure Dave. I've built the Magna kit of the Reaper and I have a unbuilt Zveda kit of the Pe-2. I'll compare them and chat at Telford.

Chris

Ta, that would be handy.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 08, 2011, 01:37:49 AM
Would the Pe-2 make a good basis for the Gloster Reaper?  They look similar and dimensionally I don't think they're too far out (I did compare plans a while ago).  Certainly some surgery needed- not least the engines.  Any thoughts?

Better off with the Peregrine engined Gloster F.?? for the wings and use a hacked around Meteor fuselage.

OK, thanks Lee.  As you may have seen, Brother Narses has offered to chat on the subject at Telford - would be helpful to hear your thoughts too.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Radish

I quite fancy a Pe-2 in RAF markings....possibly SEAC, but a unit based in Italy might be nice.

Also, forgot to add 2 x 1/48th Pegasus Hobbies V2 rockets.
With additional mods,they'll be impressive 1/144th RAF rocket space ships.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

ChernayaAkula

Two more kits, courtesy of Lucky Model's Pre-X-Mas Sale.

Both Hasegawa, both 1/72, both to be (le gasp!) real world aircraft!
F-15J Tac Meet 2009 - THIS ONE, specifically.
F-16E Desert Falcon

Via HLJ:
Tomytec 1/144 F-15J with F-15 Kai parts - so nice!  :wub: Just wish they'd release them as proper kits, not just as pre-painted kits.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on November 08, 2011, 01:51:36 PM
I quite fancy a Pe-2 in RAF markings....possibly SEAC, but a unit based in Italy might be nice.

Flown by members of the Italian Communist Party as one of the "Free" RAF units ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

upnorth

I haven't bought them yet, but the guy at my LHS told me that with any luck he'll have a shipment of AZ Models' new 1/144 Yakovlev Yak-40 kits in.

I'll likely buy a couple, one for real world and one to do up as East Austrian.

I'm quite excited about this.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Aircav

Airfix 1/72 Stratos 4 TSR.2MS from the LMS, what can I say , it was cheap.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader