My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverwindblade

Got myself a 1/48 Revellogram A-6E from a LHS that's rapidly becoming my favourite in the Pompey area. Not sure if there's many folks on here from around there, but I recommend that anyone try out 'The Magic Toybox' on Havant Road if they get the chance!
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

McColm

1/144 Jetstream Royal Navy colours

Martin H

Just paid a visit to the Hamex 3 swap meet run by Matt Irvine and Little Cars.

Our own PR19Kit was running a stand clearing out some of his unwanted stash items.

I came away with 3 kits and one weapons set. All 1/72nd scale.
1 Hasagawa weapon set #4. in the original Japanese boxing
1 Toko Antonov An-74.
1 Fujimi McDD F-4J(UK) Phantom. Swapped for a Monogram P-82 With PR19Kit. I found a 2nd example of the same boxing for Kit as I wandered around the stalls.
1 Model Technologies B-2. A vac form of one of the many possible ideas of what the B-2 might have looked like before its public unveiling. I had one of these for all of half an hour at Telford a few years ago. but sold it to Andy/General Melchet at cost. As I knew he would make a far better job of it than I could.

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Geoff

Just been to Halifax and picked up the Amodel Yak-25 drone and Er-2, both in 1/72nd.( Usual problem the smaller sprued kit had the bigger box ).  They also had the Edward double boxing of the Mig-21MF in 1/144th which looks the buisness and has 8 different schemes on the decal sheet. Looking at the breakdown of the parts they could do other varients from the PF onwards. Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Spey_Phantom

and yet ANOTHER revell 1/72 Focke-Wulf Flitzer (6th one up to now and 3rd in stash)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

jcf

'Spray Bomb' is what my Dad (he's 79) called spray cans for years because that is what they were called when originally
marketed in the late '40s - early '50s. Indeed even in the early '70s he still had a silver lacquer spray bomb from
Seymour paint company that he'd had since the mid-'50s, well, he did until I used it up on models.  ;D.
The name came from the fact that the first aerosol cans familiar to consumers were in fact 'bug bombs', insect
control pesticide under pressure.

NARSES2

Quote from: Aircav on November 27, 2011, 02:47:33 AM
The older Zero only has 35 parts and the newer (A01005) has 47, if thats any use.  ;D

You are sad  ;D

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 27, 2011, 03:16:57 PM
The name came from the fact that the first aerosol cans familiar to consumers were in fact 'bug bombs', insect
control pesticide under pressure.

Interesting history lesson - cheers John  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Aircav on November 27, 2011, 07:04:49 AM
Quote from: Martin H on November 27, 2011, 06:42:06 AM
1 Toko Antonov An-74.

Masocist  ;D

you are right there aircav. a horrendous amount of sanding awaits both me and OGL.

and to make matters worse i have lost of the four main u/c legs.  :banghead:
Keeper of George the Cat.

The Wooksta!

On Saturday I managed to get another example of my all time favourite SPitfire kit, the Airkit Spitfire F21.  I now have five of these in the stash, plus an old one to rebuild.  For my money, it's still the nicest F21 released and that includes the much vaunted (and expensive) CMR kits.

Plus some paint and Spitfire decals - Xtradecal PR 19 sheet (again!) and the DP Casper Operation Jubilee but for the life of me, I cannot remember why I wanted it!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

Priced up as £16.99 Airfix 1/72 TSR.2MS at Allders Croydon. Most concepts of the TSR 2 already been built, I wonder if the swing-wing from an Su-24 Fencer would fit. As one of the prototypes had a fixed wing? The air intakes would need to change form as well.

The Wooksta!

From Ebay:

RS Resins Spiteful F.14 (been after one of these for a while)
Tamiya Spitfire I/V spares
Carpena Spitfire Exotics decals sheets (x2)
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Spey_Phantom

just placed an order at DACO for 3 new decal sheets:

-1/72 DACO Seaking Mk.48
-1/72 DACO Seaking Mk.48 "25 years"
-1/72 DACO Sikorsky S-58/HSS1
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: McColm on November 28, 2011, 09:40:44 AM
<...> As one of the prototypes had a fixed wing? <...>

One of the Su-24's prototypes? Yes. The T6-1 had wings similar in shape to the Su-15's. CLICK!
If you look at the pic, the Su-24's prototype looks more like a TSR.2-ski than the F-111-ski it's often slagged off as.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Project D

Just got an esci ka-34 which i have no idea what to do with so may end for swaps and a revel tornado f.3 to be made into a tsr3 profile i saw with tsr2 wings on a tornado.