My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

From the Early Learning Centre:

Assorted Meerkats, ducks, budgies etc....
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

Quote from: Radish on March 07, 2011, 03:43:21 AM
From the Early Learning Centre:

Assorted Meerkats, ducks, budgies etc....

Do you dress up as a small child to go in there?  ;D (Just tell me, DON'T post a photo... :o)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitbasher

The scantily clad vixens that beckon the unsuspecting worker into Holborn Modelzone sang their siren song an lo! an Airfix Canadair Sabre fresh out of its carton was exchanged for some of the folding stuff!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on March 07, 2011, 01:31:46 PM
The scantily clad vixens that beckon the unsuspecting worker into Holborn Modelzone sang their siren song an lo! an Airfix Canadair Sabre fresh out of its carton was exchanged for some of the folding stuff!
;D ;D

Ah I have to go to Euston tommorow so I may well pop in  ;D

Meanwhile from Hannants after ordering Monday am and arriving at 9:00am this morning  :party:

Hobbyboss 1/72 Hawker Sea Hawk
Planet 1/72 Arsenal-Delanne 10C.2  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Today from the site of all evil ;D
Two Fujimi Kaman seasprites, one is the SH-2F the other the YSH-2e LAMPS Mk2. Both in 1/72nd scale. Got them both for a tenner with free postage. :thumbsup:
Both I think will be Honduras navy, but not used to hunt submarines. Unless I get an old WW2 sub for the Cartels to use for smuggling :wacko:
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

frank2056

A couple of SF kits from Starship Modeler - the 1/350 "Mercury 9" from Pegasus Hobbies and two resin or hard vinyl 1/35 Melusine figures from the MaK series. They will get redone.

Daryl J.

Kinetic Hawkeye.   Hadn't expected to see it quite that size.   

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 08, 2011, 01:33:10 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on March 07, 2011, 01:31:46 PM
;D ;D

Ah I have to go to Euston tommorow so I may well pop in  ;D

Meanwhile from Hannants after ordering Monday am and arriving at 9:00am this morning  :party:

Hobbyboss 1/72 Hawker Sea Hawk
Planet 1/72 Arsenal-Delanne 10C.2  :wub:

Oooh, what's the Sea Hawk like?
And actually the scantily clad vixens work in the gent's hairdrassers on the corner.
And they're usually well covered up.
But not too much.
Sorry.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

One Fujimi Lockheed F-35B arrived today direct from the Land of the Rising Sun.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on March 08, 2011, 12:37:30 PM
Oooh, what's the Sea Hawk like?
And actually the scantily clad vixens work in the gent's hairdrassers on the corner.
And they're usually well covered up.
But not too much.
Sorry.

I know that hairdressers  :wub:

As for the Seahawk. Once you get past the rather "austere" boxing (it's recycled card and has a rather cheap feel about it) then the kit it'self looks very nice. Looks as though they've scaled down the 48th kit as it appears to build the same.
3 options, 2 FAA (inc 1 Suez), 1 Indian. Has drop tanks and rockets although it has to be said the rockets are each 2 part which look odd on the sprue but probably build ok.

All in all it's a nice package and far superior to the MPM kit
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

2 x Revell 1/48th Starfighters. The re-release is in dire yellow plastic, but has a stunning decal sheet with all the tiger stripes for the sadly only one Belgian option. One of mine will most likely be RAF or Irish, the other will be for a Science Fiction idea.

2 x 1/72nd F-14 Tomcats...one to be USAF, the other....well, no idea really. The decals sheet has one option and I'll basically use just the stencilling.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Radish on March 09, 2011, 01:59:44 AM
2 x Revell 1/48th Starfighters. The re-release is in dire yellow plastic, but has a stunning decal sheet with all the tiger stripes for the sadly only one Belgian option.

Terry is it a re-box of the Hasegawa kit or the aged Monogram one ?? Enquiring minds need to know.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

The Wooksta!

You finally got one, then?  Was I right?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

From MZ in Holborn yesterday Airfix 1/72 Canadair Sabre F.4. Looks very nice. Will be a real world build.