My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: Martin H on March 29, 2011, 02:13:31 PM
And ive just won a Heller EC-121 warning star for a lower than expected price

I was only looking at the one I have a couple of nights ago, and wondering if it's based on the Super Connie, or if it's the shorter fuselage version.  I've got a Red Roo EC-121 conversion in the stash too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

pyro-manic

On the subject, I found a very faded Airfix Super Connie tucked away in the corner of my local model shop this afternoon. Ten quid. :thumbsup:

Also arrived today, via evilbay:

Most of a Tamiya 1:35 US modern "Desert Scheme" figures box
Half of a Dragon 'Nam Navy SEALs II box

A good price for the pair, and they have lots of lovely goodies for my upcoming Road Gang project, not least a pump-action shotgun and a Stoner Rifle. :wub: Lots of M16s etc as well, obviously, and the SEALs have some interesting bits - one wearing jeans, for a start. :)

I also found my Revell Tonka GR.1 last night, after looking for it for months. It was in the one place I was sure it wasn't. :rolleyes:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Gondor

Today from eBay

Aeroclub 1/72 Venom FB4, probably going to be a real life build

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

the afore mentioned Warning star has arrived.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

In addition to my posting earlier as the box was a little on the large side so didn't go through the letter box so a neighbour was looking after it

Airfix 1/72 TSR2 MS which will be done as a trainer version

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on March 31, 2011, 05:30:31 AM
I was only looking at the one I have a couple of nights ago, and wondering if it's based on the Super Connie, or if it's the shorter fuselage version.  I've got a Red Roo EC-121 conversion in the stash too.

I think that is Super Connie based, Robert. I have one too and it's far too long for an -049, -649 or -749
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Yesterday I got my first AModel kit.  An Su-11.  All the way direct from the Ukraine via Evilbay.   What surprised me was that this was the first model I'd received with an unassembled box.   Talk about taking your kit building to the extreme!  You have to assemble the box before you can assemble the kit!   Much better than the Leoman model of the same item (although I was surprised after all the horror stories of just how good the Leoman was).   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on March 31, 2011, 09:40:24 PM
Yesterday I got my first AModel kit.  An Su-11.  All the way direct from the Ukraine via Evilbay.   What surprised me was that this was the first model I'd received with an unassembled box.   Talk about taking your kit building to the extreme!  You have to assemble the box before you can assemble the kit!   Much better than the Leoman model of the same item (although I was surprised after all the horror stories of just how good the Leoman was).   :thumbsup:

Had a few of those self assembly boxes in the post via E-Bay. Probably easier to protect the kit that way.

Take your time with the model, especially when cleaning the moulds up. The earlier A-Model kits are guenuine "Ltd Ed" but do repay the time you spend on them. The newer kits have improved a lot, and where else would you get the types they do  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Two Pegasus Hobbies Apollo 27s...one straight from the box as French with additional missiles, the other with an extended body in RAF colours.

A number of substitute Cybermen heads, one of which will be perfect for a Saxon, Viking or some such figure.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Army of One

Via a chap prob called Pat in a little red van....a box from The Wooksta. For a very reasonable price....an Airfix 1/72 Hs129 and Revell RAH66.....I had enquired about a decal sheet he was selling for the stars of David on it....was then not available. I got a PM from him stating the Hs129 had no decals or instructions....so the decal sheet is gratis n he threw in another sheet with some SoD on for me.....very generous.....top bloke.... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

Start as you mean to go on!

Just done as Buy It Now on ebay:

AZ Silver Line Spitfire F21
AZ Silver Line Spitfire F21 Contraprop
AZ Seafire F45 (x2)

Spitfire acquisitions in April so far = 4
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

pyro-manic

Four in less than a day - that's pretty good, even by your standards! :D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

lancer

Quote from: pyro-manic on April 01, 2011, 03:03:45 PM
Four in less than a day - that's pretty good, even by your standards! :D

I honestly think that Lee's tryibng to match the production figures for thr real thing...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

The Wooksta!

4 is nothing.  One saturday a while back I obtained about 6 or so.  I think I got about 17 at Telford last year, which equates to roughly 6 a day.

I do suspect that AZ will have cocked up the F21 contraprop, just as CMR and Aeroteam did.  It'll have the standard F.14/19/21 rudder and not the enlarged F18 rudder with the additional trim tabs.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Daryl J.

Tamiya P-47M.    Gekko 1's Malawi MiG-21 paint scheme is attractive enough I want to put it on a Jug.   That and I want an alternative prop for my Tamiya Corsair-1D and the extras in the Thunderbolt kit ought to transfer straight across without too much fuss.   

Progress to be posted on this site elsewhere.

Daryl J.