My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

A pair of stash replacements arrived today. Via Ebay.

Two Matchbox EE Lightning F-2/6's  :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

3 more Admiral Seafire F45s from ebay, although one is for a mate.

Total Spitfire acquisitions in April to date - 15.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

From ebay:

1. Revell F-94C Starfire: old, old kit, but cheap whiffodder. Not sure of the scale: I've seen it described as 1/56th, can anyone confirm that?

2. Odd box of 1/35th tank bits: 2 x Leo 2A2 (? square) turret upper halves, 2 x Leo 2A6 (pointy) lower halves and a load of wheels and suspension.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

frank2056

From Sprue Bros - 1/72 Special Hobby 1/72 Saab J-21R and 1/144 Zvezda LaGG-3 - which is a simple snap together kit, but looks great. I also got some Warpig washes.

ChernayaAkula

Two new additions to the stash:
Trumpeter 1/144 Tu-16K-10 Badger-C - will be whiffed
Trumpeter 1/700 Battlecruiser HMS Renown 1942 - will also be whiffed.

All, in all, the stash actually shrunk, as I - gasp - sold some kits! :o
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Green Dragon

Got a Hasegawa 1/72nd YF-16 CCV from ebay this morning, may do it RW in the blue and white camo scheme or add the CCV bits and whif it as a ground attack plane.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Radish

Airfix 1/72nd WW1 French Infantry
Airfix 1/72nd Gladiator 1....great as a whiff.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

From ebay: set of three old Airmodel vac-form 2-seater canopies for a G.91T, a Mirage IIIB and a Jaguar E.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

Best of luck with them.  The plastic used is resistant to most known cutting tools.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 15, 2011, 04:28:20 AM
Best of luck with them.  The plastic used is resistant to most known cutting tools.

Yes, I was just thinking that it looked suitable for secondary double glazing... ;D :rolleyes:

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

TBH, you could stand on them and they won't even crack.  I'm sure it's some kind of acetate rather than normal plastic.  IIRC, I've an Airmodel Anson somewhere and it's a clear plastic fuselage.  Sure it's the same stuff.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 15, 2011, 06:15:00 AM
 IIRC, I've an Airmodel Anson somewhere and it's a clear plastic fuselage.  Sure it's the same stuff.

Could this be used to make a model rather like the cutaway drawings in the old EAGLE  comic?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

Don't see why not.  Clear plastic but it's so old the fuselage has bowed in slightly.  You interested in it?  If so, we could come to some amicable arrangement as I'm unlikely to build it.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 15, 2011, 07:09:43 AM
Don't see why not.  Clear plastic but it's so old the fuselage has bowed in slightly.  You interested in it?  If so, we could come to some amicable arrangement as I'm unlikely to build it.

Thank you for your offer, but   I don't think my skill level is sufficient to do this justice. Perhaps someone more adept may  be interested.

I am under threat if the stash grows any further.....both my sons have their own stashes blocking up the book case on the upstairs landing as well as my stuff.  I'm afraid my work for the next little while will be restricted to redecorating the front room for Mrs Rheged! 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

I collected a parcel from my local post office which contained

1 times 1/72 Airfix SabreF4 to be done real life, 20 Sqn I think

1 times tube of GS Mr Hobby Mr White Putty seeing that I used most of my original tube on my Meteor F2

Both from ModelsForSale

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....