My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on July 09, 2011, 04:32:57 AM

one of these will be one of the grapple aircraft, one will be wiffed into developed valiant ECM a/c and the third who knows. it won't
be a tanker aircraft in hemp as wooksta said he was doing that idea.

An ECM variant will not be a wiff as there was apparently a version of the B1 that was dedicated to ECM but unfortunately very very difficult to distinguish from the normal B1. At least as far as the series of articles in the Airfix Model World magazine said.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

TsrJoe

Airfix Valiant x2 from Jamiesons models  :thumbsup:
AZ Fokker CX from same
Italeri Hawk from Sandy Brown's stash  :cheers:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Weaver

Couple from F&S Models in Audenshaw:

Tamiya 1/12th Suzuki GSX1100S Katana. To be turned into a sci-fi speeder bike and donate it's engine to a not-another-bloody-Harley chopper project. The current re-issue is quite good value at £13.00, although it does have some "issues", one of the being that the chrome sprue is only chromed on one side! (Doesn't bother me in this case, of course...)

Fujimi 1/76th M4A3 Sherman with 105mm howitzer. I want to put my Type-61 (also Fujimi) turret on a Sherman to make a whiff 90mm version, but I'd just about given up on finding a 1/76th late model with HVSS and a steep glacis plate, so I was dead chuffed to find this.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

Part of an order arrived from WEM......1/700 Merlins (x3) and 20mm Phalanx CIWS (x4)  an waiting on some 1/700 AV/8B-GR5 and some V-22 Ospreys.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

mkhulu

^ will look PDG with SAAF roundels - thought about it last night

Curse you foreign exchange rates  ;D
Going nowhere slowly

Spey_Phantom

not exactly a stash growth, but it is modelling related  :-\
this morning at a rumage sale i found 4 glas coasters with the RAF roundel on it, perfect for displaying 1/144 RAF Fighters on it  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

Back from wor show.  Stash increase is small...

1 Fujimi Spitfire F14e lowback (SEAC option)
1 Deltadecals Spitfire sheet (I have bits of this sheet so wanted a replacement)
1 Ventura book on the PR Spits, this one is a companion to the history one published by Ventura and has stuff on camera fits, plans, etc)
1 DB F-82 engine (to go on something else)

From Narses2
2 x Fujimi Spitfires - low and highback, but I've a resin replacement to turn the latter to the bubbletop)

Despite having a pocket of cash, there simply weren't any cheap Spitfires. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

well i finally got home from Southsheilds around 8.30pm

Stash additions. (not many by my normal standards)
All 1/72nd scale.

1 Pegasus Spitfire F22/24. The Wooksta belives it to be one of the very first run of these.
1 Dragon E100 German heavy tank project.
2 sets of early F-82 noses from DB resins.
1 set of TSR-2 jaming pods from Odds & Ordnance.
1 Matchbox F-86A-5 from the Wooksta.
1 Armo ZSU-23-4M Skilka, from Falcon's stash sale.
1 Armo 9K872 Elbrus TEL and missile (AKA SCUD B). Again from Falcon's stash sale.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

JayBee

Likewise from that Great Show in The North, which is South of me:

Vulcan's Hammer
The History of Matchbox kits (Ah Nostalgia)

Freight dog SR 177 - part of Falcon's stash reduction!
HobbyBoss Hawker Seahawk - to be a two-seater
Trumpeter YF-23 in 1/144 - to be a 1/72 stealth drone!!

Ords and ordnance 1/72 TSR-2 fin, I needeed a third one!

Trumpeter Mini-saw and scriber

Thats all folks
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

At Northern show yesterday from the Wookster - 1/72 Aeromodel Polikarpov I-17. The fusalage, wings and tail appendage is a one piece casting, very nice as well. Will take about 10 mins to assemble once the minimal flash is cleaned off the 7 other bits  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Martin H on July 10, 2011, 02:15:06 PM
1 Pegasus Spitfire F22/24. The Wooksta belives it to be one of the very first run of these.

It's certainly the first tooling, but the packaging was like the later kits.  The one I have has packaging more like Merlin used later.  Either way, it's a nice collectors piece and worth stashing away.  The tooling itself looks as though it's used the old Hawk Spitfire 22 as a possible master.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Radish

All 1/72nd:
From Eastern Express..............
2 x MiG-21-93
2 x MiG-29SMT
From Italeri............
MiG-29A

Plus various decals, meaning the MiG-21s and MiG-29s can all be decorated in pretty markings, some spurious colours, others not.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

From a bit of a binge on ebay:

Airfix 1/72nd Nimrod (for an actually reasonable price  :thumbsup:)

ESCI/ERTL 1/72nd Fokker F27-MK 400 Friendship
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

How reasonable is reasonable?  Some gadgy was flogging them off for £12 each at South Shields on Sunday, along with a load of 48th Cranberries.  Naturally, they didn't last long...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Weaver

£15 plus £7.25 postage: it's a big bugger to post!

The F27 was £9 including postage.

- Indiana Jones