My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

My Dragon/Cyberhobby USS Virginia arrived this morning. Looks like a lovely kit, though I very much doubt it will be built OOB!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Radish

2 x 1/35th Tamiya Panther tanks....the cheap early moulding.

One will donate its hull to the "armoured church" project.....the other....Meerkats ;) :tank:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Rheged

Picked up in a Hereford junk shop recently, from a box labelled   "Any item 50p "  A Matchbox Wellesley  unsullied, totally complete and pristine, except for one blade broken from the prop.    It could well end up in Raspberry Ripple unless anyone has a better idea.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Mossie

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 17, 2011, 02:40:34 PM
Best of luck cleaning up the bits that make up the rotorhead assemblies.  I gave up on mine.

I managed okay with mine, just a lack of general enthusiasm that prevented me finishing.  I tend not to struggle too much with those kind of fiddly operations, but there are a lot of individual parts, the rotor blades are thin & I did manage to snap a couple of them off a few times.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 17, 2011, 02:40:34 PM
Best of luck cleaning up the bits that make up the rotorhead assemblies.  I gave up on mine.
<...>

Thanks for the heads-up!  :thumbsup: My plan is to use both kits to make a stealthy tilt-rotor. I want to use the co-axial rotors to make contra-rotating props. The rotor masts and associated rods would probably get deleted.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Rheged on January 18, 2011, 06:35:07 AM
Picked up in a Hereford junk shop recently, from a box labelled   "Any item 50p "  A Matchbox Wellesley  unsullied, totally complete and pristine, except for one blade broken from the prop.    It could well end up in Raspberry Ripple unless anyone has a better idea.

RAF colours with Regia Aeronautica markings over applied.  Very subtle and very, very believable given that we were using them against the Italians in East Africa.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 18, 2011, 07:23:17 AM

RAF colours with Regia Aeronautica markings over applied.  Very subtle and very, very believable given that we were using them against the Italians in East Africa.

VERY TRICKSY, MY PRECIOUS!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

Failing that, Iraqi.  An aircraft flown from East Africa to strengthen Habaniya but force landed in rebel teritory?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

In RAF desert camo, but wearing French roundels - Maybe the Free French flew Wellesley's for a very short time before they got Blenheims ??

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

The Wooksta!

Very unlikely that the Free French would have got Wellesleys given that nearly all were in Africa.  The most numerous aircraft in RAF service in 1940 was the Blenheim.

Vichy French is more likely.  The treacherous dogs had at least one captured Beaufighter.  The markings for it are in one of the High Planes Beaufighter releases.  I'll gladly donate them as the likelihood of me building aircraft flown by traitors* is non-existent.

*I hold no truck with collaborators.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

luft46models

A few so far this year from various sources.
From NKR Models the Valom 1/144 Focke Wulf Ta 183 and Me P1101 set. You get 2 of each and a damn fine decal sheet. The X-4 's included are to my eye a little stubby but otherwise a great buy, may even get a second set. Neither kit has a cockpit but that's what Eduard Me262B's are for!

From a  not so local shop (Frontline in Newcastle Australia) whilst on holidays a Planet 1/72 Aerosan in resin. This was a pleasant surprise, they actually have decent windows that are marked on clear plastic sheet, usually where I lose my patience on car/truck kits. Price was not cheap but thats resin for you and it will encourage them to keep importing oddities like this.

From a Japanese store I have a Ju88G and an Okha from Haseagwaon the way. I'm buying the Betty kit to get the Okha as I have plans from Justo for a floatplane version of the Okha supposedly frown in WW2 - personally I think it would fly like a brick but it will annoy the JMN's. These may be a while off though with the vagaries of the postal system.   

William in Oz
returning after a long layoff

Green Dragon

Academy 1/72nd OV-10A Bronco arrived from Hong Kong Tuesday morning.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

ChernayaAkula

Eduard 1/72 "dual-combo" Lavochkin La-7
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

First buy of the year, from that well-known on-line auction site:

A Tamiya 1:48 F-84G, just had a very smooth coat of Tamiya airframe silver sprayed whilst the kit is on the sprue, hence paid just £12.00 for it including the postage !! - It will be What If'd

R E S U L T   ;D

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Green Dragon

Arriving from ebay Wednesday morning was an Airfix Skyray, still factory sealed from 1981.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)