My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on January 24, 2011, 03:14:36 AM
a couple of the new zvezda sukhoi su-50 [aka T-50 or PAK-FA].

very nice kit.

I'll be getting one of these when I can.  Definitely Indian markings for that one. 

Wonder if anyone will be doing the new Chinese stealth fighter?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

wooksta!

i'll be using some linden hill Su-27/30/33 decals on mine, just to muddy the waters a bit  ;D and will be
doing an indian AF one.
Keeper of George the Cat.

thedarkmaster

been a busy day today, a clear out of Debited material at work netted me

1/48 Italieri F84 no decals and bits missing but i can scalearama it  ;D ;D
1/144 JMSDF LCAC by trumpetor
1/144 ixo two engined Japanease bomber.....i do not know what it is it has no box

from NARSES2's stash reduction

1/144 B29
1/72 Vultee Vengence

overall  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

chrisonord

Quote from: Overkiller on January 24, 2011, 12:14:24 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 24, 2011, 03:46:52 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on January 24, 2011, 03:14:36 AM
a couple of the new zvezda sukhoi su-50 [aka T-50 or PAK-FA].

very nice kit.

I'll be getting one of these when I can.  Definitely Indian markings for that one. 

Wonder if anyone will be doing the new Chinese stealth fighter?
Mine is built, and I agree with Dunc on the intakes, they are a pain, but fixable. Mine is just waiting for decals unless I change my mind on the colour scheme I did it in, as I am still not so sure I like it.
Chris.
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on January 24, 2011, 03:58:27 AM
wooksta!

i'll be using some linden hill Su-27/30/33 decals on mine, just to muddy the waters a bit  ;D and will be
doing an indian AF one.

I'm currently building mine, it will be real world as per the splinter pattern painted prototype (everyone else seems to be doing the primered version).

Some advice, the fit of the intakes is, to use a phrase "a bit sho1te", much PSR is needed to get these to an acceptable standard, very visible seams around the intake faces and inside the intake trunks. I ended up nicking a trick I saw JHM use of making jury rigged sanding tools from lengths of sprue with a little square of sandpaper glued to a file flattened end. Its just about right now, so I'll stop phaphing and get it all together now, then do the fine tune PSR work.

:cheers:

Duncan
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

Just won on ebay:

Gunze Sanyo Lotus Elan

Monogram Jaguar XKE Coupe.  That's the hardback Jaguar E-Type.  Not that keen on itbut it'll go nicely with the Aston Martin DB5 in the stash.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Weaver

Had another look at Hobbycraft's rolling clearance sale today.

They've got an Italeri 1/35th DUKW going for £9 and packs of Tamiya 1/48th Afrika Korps figures at £4: didn't buy either 'cos they're not my thing, but if anybody's interested, drop me a PM and I'll get them for you.

It's worth having a look at the rest of their models too, because quite few of them are seriously discounted. The website is selling the 1/24th Mosquito for £99 (£30 discount!) and you get free delivery for an order over £30.... http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/shop/models

What I did get were:

A dozen watercolour pencils in metallic and muddy colours for £2 (useful for weathering).

A big bag of HAMA beads for £1.29. These are little plastic tubes for making pictures with, but I just want them because they'll save me from cutting up Evergreen.

Pack of Scotch tie-downs for 29p. Little "double discs" for wrapping string around: useful shapes...

A voucher for £5 off my next £25 purchase if I sign up to their newsletter. Worth having....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

From ebay, very cheap Airfix Javelin FGA.9 with no box and bits missing. Got all the bits I want though.... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Green Dragon

Arriving on the 24th from Kits Kits via Ebay was a Dragon He219A-7, prob real world as I've got some old Revell ones to do awful things to.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

The Wooksta!

Another ebay win.  The Monogram 24th Lotus Esprit Turbo.  I've the Airfix one somewhere but the Monogram kit was always supposed to be the better kit.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Army of One

just picked up a Revell 1/72 B1B got from Thorvic.....Via NARSES2 in another under the table (BIG) bag swop......this is about the only boxed model I can remember that fits in the box diagonal......its HUGE.....!!!! Don't think the Maltese Defence Force has the space to keep more than one.... ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on January 26, 2011, 06:29:23 AM
just picked up a Revell 1/72 B1B got from Thorvic.....Via NARSES2 in another under the table (BIG) bag swop......

I reckon the staff in Costa's will be reporting us for suspicious behaviour soon  ;D

When I got home : From the BIG H, ordered Monday PM  ;D

Eduard mask set for the Airfix Me 110, if ever a canopy needed a mask  :banghead:

Extra Decal 1/72 RAF 6 Squadron transfer sheet. Some nice mainly MEA based schemes

Model Alliance 1/72 2nd TAF 1944/1945 sheet. Some nice aircraft here including a Mk I Hurricane with Invasion stripes - new to me.

Some of these will be real, some on what might have beens circa 1946/1948
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

At last, after much dicker aboutering with Royal Mail (just for a change  :rolleyes:), from ebay:

Takara 1/48th Hiller Pawnee flying platform, in limited edition "chaser" colour scheme, which in this case is New York taxi yellow-with-chequerboards and a pinup model instead of a pilot...... ;D ;D ;D

Some 1/35th tank bits which I suspect will end up in a sale shortly, but it was a matter of capturing them for the whiff community...

- Indiana Jones

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 22, 2011, 01:44:53 AM
Airfix 1/48 Spitfire XII  :thumbsup: (my first purchase of the year) will be built RW.

Didn't realise that it was already out !  :banghead:

Hmmm, maybe in my favourite SEAC scheme, possibly RAAF, maybe post-war Belgian, Dutch or French.... Oh who am I kidding, still knee-deep in decorating the Schloss. Not going to be doing any modelling till late Feb at the earliest !

Dont know whether it counts as a 'stash growth', but I just bought the new Irish Air Corps decal sheet (Aircraft 1990-2010) from Max Decals web-site.... All I need to do now is find something suitable to put them on.... how much is the re-issued Esci/Italeri Kfir these days ??  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Gondor

Two items received today

from ebay via the post office an Xtrakit 1/72 Swift to be r/w

and from Models For Sale an Airfix 1/72 Stratos4 kit. I am disappointed that the canopy for the Stratos4 version is a non transparent part but I can always use it as a former to mould a new one for my TSR2 Trainer.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Received today from the Big RED Hwith the yellow background

2 x AMLA 1/72 Fw 190D-9 tails of the Ta152 type
1 x Eduard 1/72 Israel RBF tags

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....