My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

One of my holy grails arrived today - the 24th Airfix BMW M1.  Been after one of those for 20 years...  Nice kit too.  Looks easier to build than the ESCI one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

ChernayaAkula

Three Begemot 1/72 decal sheets:

Su-33 Flanker - in anticipation of the up-coming Hasegawa kit
Kamov Helix family - 60+ options!  :o
Ka-50/52 family
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

luft46models

Got my okra finally last week, already started in on it, I've got the floats off a fujima Jake and have to mate the two together to form a floatplane okha as depicted in justos unknown series, should look insane, personally I think it would have flown like a brick even with three extra rockets under the fuselage but I don't want reality to interfere with a fun build

William in oz

TsrJoe

just picked up the new Revell 1/32 hawk from Argos at lunchtime, looks a really nice kit, hmmm, now what to do with it, hehehe!
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

ChernayaAkula

Italeri 1/72 F-100F - will be real world. Misty FAC or Taiwanese.
Italeri 1/35 M60 Blazer - need the gun barrel for a Centurion whif and the hull for a mid-1980s SPAAG (GAU-8). Now, what to do with the turret?  :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

wacek85

Army of One

Quote from: TsrJoe on January 28, 2011, 05:55:38 AM
just picked up the new Revell 1/32 hawk from Argos at lunchtime, looks a really nice kit, hmmm, now what to do with it, hehehe!

How much was this....? I looked up the argos number and saw the pic on the website.....said it came with some paints as well....bit confusing........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

GTX

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on January 26, 2011, 09:11:41 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 22, 2011, 01:44:53 AM
Airfix 1/48 Spitfire XII  :thumbsup: (my first purchase of the year) will be built RW.

Didn't realise that it was already out !  :banghead:

Hmmm, maybe in my favourite SEAC scheme, possibly RAAF, maybe post-war Belgian, Dutch or French....

May I suggest:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Gondor

Quote from: Falcon on January 27, 2011, 02:59:20 PM
Quote from: Gondor on January 26, 2011, 12:42:20 PM
Two items received today

from ebay via the post office an Xtrakit 1/72 Swift to be r/w

and from Models For Sale an Airfix 1/72 Stratos4 kit. I am disappointed that the canopy for the Stratos4 version is a non transparent part but I can always use it as a former to mould a new one for my TSR2 Trainer.

Gondor

You could always cut out the portholes and use PVA glue to make the windows.

The TSR2 Trainer version was to have a clear canopy, a look through Damien's book or the SAM publications book will show you that. I will be removeing the plastic from the portholes for the straight from the box Stratos4 I intend to buy.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 28, 2011, 07:33:49 AM
Buried Isreali pillbox?

Hmmmm, an Israeli Maginot line for the Golan Heights or in the Sinai, between the Negev and the Mediterranean? VERY good idea! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Gondor

Finally managed to rescue a package from the Post Office sorting office, they tried to deliver to me on Wednesday but I was out at work.

From pyro-manic's stash clearance 1x 1/72 Dragon P-38J

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Quote from: Overkiller on January 29, 2011, 06:03:56 AM
From the model shop just off Deane Road:

Revell 1/144 A340 "Wiener Philharmoniker"

:cheers:

Duncan
That shop has to be the most disorganised ever!! Indiana Jone would think twice about walking into there :rolleyes:
Tripping up in there could be a very expensive accident.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

pyro-manic

Picked up a couple of new kits today. Whoops. :banghead: Still, they're quite nice - an Academy Typhoon Ib, and a Revell Messerschmitt P.1099B. Both will be for the '46 GB - the Typhoon will be Soviet, the P.1099 will either be an Antarctica-based German machine, or hacked about to make a Japanese attacker... :wacko:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

proditor

Nabbed some stuff from Free Time Hobbies.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Daring
W.E.M. 1/700 Westland H5F Dragonfly 5 pack (To be used in my potential 1946 GB entry.)