My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Quote from: Falcon on February 27, 2011, 11:31:49 AM
Just the one kit today for me from the Crewe model show, Trumpeters monster 1/72 Tupolev Tu-142MR Bear- J.

That one was areal bargin at £25. one hell of a find
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Army of One

Quote from: Falcon on February 27, 2011, 11:31:49 AM
Just the one kit today for me from the Crewe model show, Trumpeters monster 1/72 Tupolev Tu-142MR Bear- J.

Quite a bargain I believe........ ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Geoff

Roden An-12BK 1/72
Hase   EA-3 Skywarrior 1/72
Academy Mig-27 1/72

All from Crewe.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Overkiller on February 27, 2011, 12:07:47 PM
1/72 Astra Model S.R.53 (ex Airfix reboxed).... will look nice next to my Bristol 178 and other rocket interceptor builds  ;D

Might be worth having a word with Martin about dropping that into rubber.They're getting hard to find these days and Colin isn't going ahead with his either. 

Despite it's crudity in places, it's quite accurate according to the Barrie Hygate plans.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

lancer

Quote from: Thorvic on February 27, 2011, 11:43:23 AM
But i did direct Martin to the Pak-Fa and the various 1/76 Resin & White Metal kits on sale  :wacko:

Living up to your name again I see..... :bow:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

Quote from: lancer on February 27, 2011, 03:57:57 PM
Quote from: Thorvic on February 27, 2011, 11:43:23 AM
But i did direct Martin to the Pak-Fa and the various 1/76 Resin & White Metal kits on sale  :wacko:

Living up to your name again I see..... :bow:

Understatement of the year so far LOL
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Falcon on February 27, 2011, 11:31:49 AMJust the one kit today for me from the Crewe model show, Trumpeters monster 1/72 Tupolev Tu-142MR Bear- J.

Coastal Command/Shackleton scheme ??

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Radish

They only "looked" Natural Metal due to fiendish Bolshevik distortions....actually, to be accurate it should be multi-toned PINK. :wacko: :blink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

The Wooksta!

Just won one of my Holy Grail kits over on ebay, the Airfix 24th Lotus Elite.  Apparently it's a repop of a motorised Japanese kit but I don't care.  I've wanted one for twenty years and now I've finally got it, Royal Mail bolshevism and incompetence notwithstanding...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Woohoo!  Another ebay win, this time the Tamiya Lotus Europa.  The trader is UK based but the stock is in Hong Kong.  Even so, including postage, it's still cheaper than buying it in the UK!

The small list of cars I still need for the collection is getting smaller.  The only other Lotus I want now is the Tamiya 24th Lotus 7, but I'll be doing that as KAR120C, as driven by Patrick McGoohan in the opening titles of "The Prisoner".  I did it twenty years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it then.  Lovely kit.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Army of One

From a bric a brac shop while staying in Crewe....SWMBO'd mum bought me two Italeri 1/100 A129 Mangusta's....mainly metal with some plastic bits....quite nice....pre painted n a stand as well...£3.50 each.....great.....might trial some paint schemes on them.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

144th scale Minicraft Connie. Gonna chop it up and mash it with a 72nd scale P-38 to make a 4-engined Flying Boxcar type Constellightning.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Wooksta!

The three AZ Spitfires arrived and I was quite surprised.  Sort of. 

I got a Ib, IIB and a HFVI.  All have identical sprues and etch.  I can understand that for the first two but not the VI.  Nice toolings though and whichever version you do, there are spare props and wheels.  And that sodding Vokes filter (at least you get the Vokes filter and the normal intake, unlike the Sword Vc). 

I suspect the very rare PRVI (and there was only one, perhaps two of those) could be on the cards. 

Need to have a closer look at the VI as the canopy and fuselage were slightly different.  I suspect that the cockpit isn't pressurized or sealed.  Have you had a closer look at yours yet, Chris?

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Rheged

Quote from: Falcon on February 28, 2011, 11:54:39 AM
Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on February 28, 2011, 11:36:58 AM
Quote from: Falcon on February 27, 2011, 11:31:49 AMJust the one kit today for me from the Crewe model show, Trumpeters monster 1/72 Tupolev Tu-142MR Bear- J.

Coastal Command/Shackleton scheme ??

Ian

Real world, natural metal finish.

How about a POLAR Bear research aircraft in white and/ or orange  or a BROWN bear in R A F earth shades.  As to the colour of a TEDDY Bear, I open this to the assembled multitude to comment  (although the Radish suggestion of shades of pink sounds interesting!)
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Nigel Bunker

Well I succumbed, counted the pennies carefuly and bought a Revell Hawk in 32 scale. Too big to whif but it will look nice in RAF markings (not Red Arrows). Just the problem of where to put it when built.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils