My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on March 18, 2011, 02:25:36 PM
Does this qualify as an addition to the stash ?

Bought it in an art shop in Louth - just been over to Nev country for a week with Frau und kleines.... too foggy and cold to bother to go to Coningsby whilst we were there  :banghead:.

Ian

Nice!  Should while away the hours between kits.

Lincolnshire Wolds again?  Yeah, the Yorkshire version has been pretty much the same, had to fight my way through a few pea-soupers this last week, the fog clings hard to those hills.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on March 18, 2011, 02:34:47 PM

Quote1/48 Kiddyland AT-3B Tzu Chiang Fighter - not quite sure what to do with this one, so am open to suggestions.

Vought VTX? See here: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2022.30.html

Good suggestion :thumbsup:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on March 18, 2011, 02:25:36 PM
Does this qualify as an addition to the stash ?

Well, it says Airfix on the box and it has lots of tiny parts inside - sounds like a kit to me! :thumbsup: :lol: Whiffing it could be that hard part this time.

Did you meet up with Nev? If so, how is he? He hasn't posted in ages. Last I remember was a post on ARC a few months back.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

frank2056

I got the A-Model Il-40 late with the shotgun nose from Squadron. They sold out quickly! This is a pretty big AC in 1/72 - it's a lot larger than I expected.
I also got a couple of Easy Build Hobbycraft kits, because they were deeply discounted - the 1/72 Mig-15 Urinary Track Infection (UTI) and the Me-262 A-2. I also got some canopy masks and the Eduard PE set for the Mig.

Army of One

From the show today.......all 1/72.......bagged airfix (?) F16 looks like A/B £2,airfix Fokker Friendship £10,Italeri F15E £4,monogram F16XL....dunno why,1/144 revell HH53C £2....damn them miniguns are small....!!! Two decal sheets with loadsa Israeli stars on £8,1/72 Aires waist mounted .50 cal guns 4 in the pack £3.70......and from Chris.....one of the hasegawa weapon sets £3....not a bad day at all.......H

I even managed not to impulse buy the Italeri/Dragon Mi28 Havoc for £6.50.......but then I hadn't eaten for a while..... ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Nick

All I got was another Italeri A-129 Mangusta attack helo, good at £5. This was at Southern Expo today, it was a well-attended show despite the clear bright sky outside. Good balance between traders and club stands too.

You should have heard what Chris said; 'If you get bored you can always go and stare at the girls lifting weights in the gym'  :lol:

The Wooksta!

The Dujin Hawker Hotspur I won on ebay a few days back has finally arrived.  God, it's a manky kit and I'm seriously thinking about remastering it.

If I didn't, it's a candidate for a BoB nightfighter.  Ooodles of room for radar gear in the back, the outer wings are changable with a Hurricane (so that's 4 20mms to play with).  It's a handsome aircraft, certainly better looking than the Defiant.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

Ive got the same kit in my stash. I know what you mean about it being manky.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Army of One

Quote from: Nick on March 19, 2011, 12:41:53 PM

You should have heard what Chris said; 'If you get bored you can always go and stare at the girls lifting weights in the gym'  :lol:

His eyes almost popped out in the queue when a hottie walked past a few times.....had me looking for the defibrilator just in case...... ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Martin H

Unfortunately,

Army of One

Oh yes.....if you sneaked a peek in the right direction........ ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

Not quite an addition - I got it some time back but I'd forgotten I had it!  Magna Hawker Henley.  I knew I had two Henley's - a Dujin and a Magna one but this was a welcome find.  Sorely tempted to extend the engine cowling (Merlin 61 series) and give it a 4 blade prop.

Also located the Bristol 148, so I may make a start on that.  Desert camo I think, or possibly Special duties with a belly tank and a ladder.  Either way, the Mercury is going!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 19, 2011, 03:21:16 PM
so located the Bristol 148, so I may make a start on that.  Desert camo I think, or possibly Special duties with a belly tank and a ladder.  Either way, the Mercury is going!

Both schemes sound good, Mine got a battle of France scheme.
Unfortunately,

Daryl J.

Tamiya 1/48 Salamander the gem that it is
Hooby Booss 1/48 Me-262 A-1a/U4 purchased for some of it's fiddly bits
Tamiya dash-1D Corsair, F-51D Mustang, Emil, and Wildcat.

None of them anywhere near recommended retail pricing.    :party:

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on March 19, 2011, 12:41:53 PM

And what's wrong with that I might ask ?  ;D Is it my fault they have the show in a sports centre where they also have the female aerobics & weightlifting rooms in view everytime you go out to the cafe or loo ?  :wub:

My aquisitions at said show :-

Sword 1/72 Spitfire Vc Trop

Freightdog 1/72Spitfire XIVe with 2nd TAF markings. This is the AZ kit with one of Colin's superb transfer sheets. Nice sturdy box as well  :thumbsup:

Freightdog 1/72 TSR2 Bomber set. I WILL now build one of my TSR2's
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.