My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Not sure what happened to me today but I bought no aircraft kits, just 2 vehicles! :o

Aurora 1/48 MBT-70. Precursor to the M-1 Abrams MBT. This is the original 1969 release in the square box with a vacform base. Only £15, probably get more on Ebay.

Revell 1/25 Corvette Indy "Dream Machine". I just love the styling and looks of this 1986 concept car with 'Exotic 21st century interior'!

McColm

I can go to heaven, as I've bought an Airfix 1/144 SRN Hovercraft on Ebay along with a 1/72 YF-23.
Thing is do I build them as per instructions or Whiff them?

Mossie

Quote from: Nick on May 22, 2011, 04:23:10 PM
Aurora 1/48 MBT-70. Precursor to the M-1 Abrams MBT. This is the original 1969 release in the square box with a vacform base. Only £15, probably get more on Ebay.

It's crying out for MERDC! :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Supertom

Quote from: McColm on May 23, 2011, 12:49:07 AM
I can go to heaven, as I've bought an Airfix 1/144 SRN Hovercraft on Ebay along with a 1/72 YF-23.
Thing is do I build them as per instructions or Whiff them?

1/144 Hovercraft - get a 1/144 Harrier and make it a mobile operating base!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

McColm

Nick

Quote from: Mossie on May 23, 2011, 03:31:45 AM
Quote from: Nick on May 22, 2011, 04:23:10 PM

It's crying out for MERDC! :party:

I agree that the Summer Verdant MERDC looks pretty good. I was thinking of the modern Bundeswehr 3-colour scheme because the original was boring dark green all over.
http://sites.google.com/site/merdccamo/home/merdc-photos-1

http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/afv/merdc.html  has all the colours.

Mossie

I'm quite a fan of the winter scheme, the red desert version is quite eyecatching too.  Most of them are also on Don Color.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

McColm

Just bought my second airfix SRN-4 Hovercraft from KingKit, got to make some room to build the stretched version.
this ends my spending spree.

The Big Gimper

Major impulse buy off Evil-bay from Top*Model:

1. Amodel Yak-130 with the really cute winglets - Canadian Coast Guard with A-37 drop tanks for littoral patrols.
2. Toko P-63C - Something 1946 Far East. Either Russian or Chinese
3. Sky High T-34C. Canadian Coast Guard trainer
4. Sky High T-34C. USAF Vietnam COIN A/C. Replacement for T-28. Yeah I know it did not publicly fly until 1977 but the SOS and ACS got the first batch in 1971.
5. Amodel I-320P Rocket A/C. My MPM J8M1 Shusi needs company.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

Brian da Basher

Won a RoG 1/200 Zeppelin NT airship off ebay. You could say I'm on a lighter-than-air kick.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Weaver

From ebay: 1/600th Airfix HMS Belfast. Probably going to get spliced with an Airfix County class to make a missile cruiser conversion at some point.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

frank2056

From the Sprue Bros. moving sale (great deals, BTW)

Bronco 1/35 M1114 HA (just a heavily armored Humvee)
Trumpeter 1/350 USS Independence LCS-2

ChernayaAkula

Revell 1/72 F-16C Tiger Meet 2003 - to be real world. Gorgeous scheme!  :wub:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Jacques Deguerre

Gah! Squadron has a 24 hour 25% off sale! Even though I really should NOT add to my stash, I had to buy a couple of models. I ordered the Italeri Leopard 1A5 and the Hobby Boss Leopard 2E (same as their other up-armored 2A6 versions). Both are slated to be built as vehicles for my fictional Aventine Ground Defense Force. No serious "whiffery" other than paint, markings and hopefully some FN 58/M240/GPMG to replace the MG3s.
Some clever and amusing quote goes here.

Army of One

Airfix 1/72 F4U from Pyro....well chuffed....! A little package going back to him n hope he happy with the trade...H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!