My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Another clandestine meet at a train station with brother NARSES2 right under the noses of local PCSO's netted me  a revell Walrus,B26 invader,Airfix Kingfisher an all at bloody bargain prices....!!! Many thanks Chris....  :thumbsup:.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

McColm

Just won on eBay 1/24 VW Beetle classic convertable.
The artwork for the Thunderbirds Rolls Royce is blue, but the body is pink and has two motors. One for the drive and the other to fire missiles.

IanH

Quote from: Overkiller on June 07, 2011, 10:57:42 AM
From Model Hobbies:

1/72 Revell SR-71.

Believe it or not, only purchased for the crew figures.  :o :rolleyes: ;D

However, since purchasing it, I have come across an idea that has caught my eye....Lockheed A-12 Blackbird by Toby Nelson.

I could be tempted to do it RW as a BLACK SHIELD deployment A-12.  :ph34r:

:cheers:

Duncan
How about Project OXCART?

Gondor

Just retrieved from the local Postal Sorting Depot

Hasegawa 1/72 F-2A/B which I bought from Hobby Link Japan for a very reasonable price including shipping, on a slow boat from Japan rather than china.

Probably going to be r/l as I have another that I am whiffing... or will be if I get the proverbial finger out  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

James

Was in York for uni today so popped in to Monk Bar Models in York:

Ta-154, 1/72, PM Models
Ta-183, 1/72, PM Models
Me P-1111, 1/72, PM Models

All three were priced at £2.75 each. Atm I think they are going to be used in a Patchwork World based scenario/build linked with my Kingdom of Yorkshire idea. Have not decided on what nation yet.  :thumbsup:

Also in Monk Bar Models was a SMER 1/72 LeO 451. I wanted to get it and have been looking out for one for a while because it’s a cracking looking aircraft.  :wub: I thought three kits was enough given my now almost non-existant budget having gone back to uni to do my PGCE…. Now I regret not getting it as I’m not in York until 28th June now and it was only £8ish IIRC.  :banghead:

ChernayaAkula

Got a Skunkworks Modelshop 1/72 MQ-9 Reaper (well, two actually, as they come with two per box).
On first sight, they look rather nice. Some closer inspection (CLICK!) reveals that they're much too small, though. More 1/109 than 1/72. :angry:

UPDATE: Raymond Chung of Skunkmodels addressed the issue on ARC and promises to deliver a correctly sized model in about three months. See the link above for some further info.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

pyro-manic

How the hell did they manage that? :blink:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

IanH

Quote from: Overkiller on June 08, 2011, 10:57:54 AM
Quote from: IanH on June 08, 2011, 03:26:17 AM
I could be tempted to do it RW as a BLACK SHIELD deployment A-12.  :ph34r:
How about Project OXCART?

To all intents and purposes OXCART is the A-12, BLACK SHIELD was just the code name for its deployment to South East Asia in the late sixties, were they were used to map North Vietnamese SAM sites, keep an eye on the PRC and occasionally check out North Korea.

:cheers:

Duncan
Ah thanks for that Duncan...There's always the X Men A12, or even the Budgie version... :wacko:

GTX

Today's addition:

1/48 Attic Aircraft Models Boeing X-32 A/B

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Supertom

Quote from: GTX on June 09, 2011, 01:22:32 AM
Today's addition:

Regards,

Greg

Did you put that in the attic?  Get it?  Attic? ;D

I did look that up and it looks like a nice kit.  Hurry up and build it so I can live vicariously through your workbench  :lol:
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Jacques Deguerre

As I mentioned earlier, I'll just do  round-up post. The two latest acquisitions include a Tamiya 1/35 scale Type 74 and an Italeri M47 Patton. Both are pretty old boxings; the Type 74 has the MRC label on the box side and the instructions don't specify Tamiya paints. The M47 is in the old yellow label Testors/Italeri photo box and still has the cellophane on it. To review, my recent purchases have included (all 1/35 scale):

2- Monogram M48A2 Patton (current issue).
1- Heller Somua 35 (70s box).
1- Revell M4 Sherman (oddball kit from ~1956, mine's the early 80s release).
1- Hobby Boss Leopard 2A6E.
1- Italeri Leopard 1A5.
1- Academy M4A3E8 Sherman.
1- Italeri M47 Patton.
1- Tamiya Type 74.

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on June 05, 2011, 04:06:11 PM
Quote from: Jacques Deguerre on June 05, 2011, 11:06:28 AM
<...> I think I'm putting a moratorium on buying any models for a bit. <...>

Good luck with that!
As you can see from the list above, the moratorium is pretty much a necessity since I'm a bit financially "tapped out" at the moment! :lol:
Some clever and amusing quote goes here.

The Wooksta!

From a mate, a Hasegawa Spitfire HF.VIII.  Interestingly, he'd sold me a boxed version of the same kit a few weeks back, which is on the blocks as an HF.VII.  I'd wanted another to whiff into some other mark but I cannot for the life of me remember which one, but probab;y a mk IX.

Total Spitfire acquisitions in June to date: 16.  Planned purchase is a pair of Hobbyboss Vbs to convert to the PRXIII.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Supertom on June 09, 2011, 01:05:05 PM
Quote from: GTX on June 09, 2011, 01:22:32 AM

Did you put that in the attic?  Get it?  Attic? ;D

From what I've read about Attic's previous effort, I thought the general consensus was that they're not for the attic, but rather for the trash bin. Read a particularly devastating review of Attic's F-16XL conversion, which found that scratch-building would be cheaper, easier and result in a more accurate model.
How is this particular kit?

Quote from: Jacques Deguerre on June 09, 2011, 02:34:03 PM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on June 05, 2011, 04:06:11 PM
Quote from: Jacques Deguerre on June 05, 2011, 11:06:28 AM
<...> I think I'm putting a moratorium on buying any models for a bit. <...>

Good luck with that!
As you can see from the list above, the moratorium is pretty much a necessity since I'm a bit financially "tapped out" at the moment! :lol:

Oh, I know all about the necessities of kit purchase moratoriums for financial reasons (as well as size of stash/lack of space), I just wasn't sure it would work out. :lol: Tried to impose several moratoriums - but they all went bust. Recently tried to sell a larger number of kits on a German forum to get the stash below 1000. Did manage to sell a sizeable number, but somehow it just didn't work out the way I' had planned.
Stash before sale: 1048
Stash after sale: 1067
:wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Howard of Effingham

italeri C-47 dakota
RoG Me-262 A1
Keeper of George the Cat.

chrisonord

Today arrived a bargain purchase from that well known bay of evil. A 1/72nd scale Airfix Mil Mi-24 A/D for the bargain price of £3.85, plus £2.50 postage :cheers:
Many thanks to Army of one for pointing this out to me  :bow: :bow: I will be able to make another Hind pure gunship now too.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!