My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: deathjester on June 21, 2011, 05:05:44 AM

Hi!  I've got a 1/48 V-1 from a job lot of kits we got, and I do owe you for those SNEB pods you sent for the Spartan! :thumbsup:

You have PM.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

Another AZ Spitfire won on ebay, this time the new Vb with the LF boxing.  That's long term stash.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

From ebay:

Revell easykit ARC-170 Spacefighter from Star Wars. Snapped up because it was a MUCH more reasonable price than the RRP, purely because the box is a bit battered: contents still sealed though... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

GTX

Some armour for a change:

1/35 Dragon Hetzer Jagdpanzer/Flammpanzer 38

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Second Airfix 1/48th Seafire XVII - one to be built with folded wings one without  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

From ebay:

Airfix 1/76th Scorpion tank. Cheap: I'll need more tracks to bugger up when I do another Trackrover (took three sets to get one useable one last time.... :banghead:)

- Indiana Jones

McColm

I can't get the tracks on them either!!
revell 1/144 Harrier GR7

ChernayaAkula

From the LHS:

1/144 RoG F/A-18E Super Hornet - looks really nice in the box (on the other hand, what does that even say? All modern kits do!)! Looks a lot nicer than the Dragon offering. The engraving is much finer. Some details more accurate. Decal sheet is superb. The stencil portion for one bird is bigger than the complete Dragon sheet for two birds! Looks like a winner to me.
Wonder what it will look like when built? For some reason (can't even quite put my finger on it), I can always tell a Revell 1/48 or 1/72 F/A-18E from Hasegawa's F/A-18Es, which look a tad more "like a Super Hornet".
Going by Revell's display at Intermodellbau in Dortmund, an F/A-18F and an EA-18G Growler will also come (when, though, is another question - been waitin' for the Rafale B for close to a decade!). The display had an assembled F/A-18E testshot with some EA-18G-specific parts.

From evilBay:
1/144 F-toys F-105D in "Euro One"
1/144 F-toys Kawasaki T-4
1/144 F-toys EH-101 in Japanese colours (got this one twice)

Pretty neat and rather cheap. They don't look half-bad straight from the box, but I plan to strip them, assemble them like real kits (i.e. glue) and then paint them. Probably in whiffed markings.
Stripping them off their paint should also enhance the fit. The fit seems so good that the paint on the seams causes fit problems! Once the paint in those places is scraped ff, they fit like a glove.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

I did the C, a few years back, converted it to an A simply by sanding off some of the fairings on the fin.  Can't comment on the Superbugs, but I've also got the Dragon kit of the F/A-18C on the shelf, I'd say the two kits are very comparable, with pluses & minuses in different areas.  Fit was okay for the Revell kit, with a bit of work needed on the intakes especially.

Inspiration for you, here's mine the Revell C that I did in Marineflieger colours:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,19670.0/highlight,marineflieger+hornisse.html
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Howard of Effingham

from a visit to modelzone in b'ham on wednesday....

2 RoG arado ar-240 nightfighters
RoG Me P1099 heavyfighter [for a nightfighter conversion]
2 hasegawa weapons sets #13 [includes AIM-9X]
RoG F4U corsair [the italeri moulding with the nightfighter radome]
Keeper of George the Cat.

Weaver

Quote from: McColm on June 24, 2011, 12:08:46 AM
I can't get the tracks on them either!!
revell 1/144 Harrier GR7

Pain, arn't they?  The pins are too short, and the tracks are so narrow that by the time you've got enough heat in there to melt the ends of the pins, you're melting the whole track!  :banghead: I ended up stitching them with grey thread, but even that can cut through the rubber if you're not careful.  

Bring back Matchbox's T-buckle-style ones I say!

- Indiana Jones

Mr.Creak

Mini-staplers work ok on "rubber band" tracks. Or if I'm feeling adventurous I sew the joint together. Really!
What if... I had a brain?

kitnut617

Quote from: Mr.Creak on June 24, 2011, 05:42:35 AM
Or if I'm feeling adventurous I sew the joint together. Really!

I used to do that with my tanks way back in the late 60's/early 70's
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 24, 2011, 06:21:25 AM
Quote from: Mr.Creak on June 24, 2011, 05:42:35 AM
Or if I'm feeling adventurous I sew the joint together. Really!

I used to do that with my tanks way back in the late 60's/early 70's

And me  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Some werewolves, penguins, meerkats and a duck.

2 x massive 2 ft long water-blasters (to be a zwilling space ship) and a smaller 9" water pistol, again to be a spaceship.

"Iron Sky" t-shirt....printed for me.

Several MiGs of a jet persuasion to be real (1/48th)
Several jets of a MiG persuasion (I/72nd)....a mixture of real and bonkers.

A polka dot pink, and a bright cherry red chemise, several dream catchers and leapard pattern wellies. :party:

Party on dude :party: :party: :party: :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen