My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on June 25, 2011, 02:18:10 AM

A polka dot pink, and a bright cherry red chemise, several dream catchers and leapard pattern wellies. :party:

Party on dude :party: :party: :party: :party:

Shame on you sir - it's LEOPARD - and your an ex teacher  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hobbes

Found a Hunter F.6 at the Revell X-shop yesterday  :cheers:

Captain Canada

Been on a bit of a Harrier binge....

The old(er) Airfix GR.7
2 x the SHAR FA2
...and 1 FRS.1

Who doesn't love a good Harrier ?

:wub: :wub: :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hobbes

Nice! The FA.2 is an excellent kit. How do the others compare?

deathjester

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 25, 2011, 07:43:55 AM
Been on a bit of a Harrier binge....

The old(er) Airfix GR.7
2 x the SHAR FA2
...and 1 FRS.1

Who doesn't love a good Harrier ?

:wub: :wub: :thumbsup:
Apparently, the MOD aren't too keen....! :angry:

The Wooksta!

Twenty years difference and it shows.  Heller did the tooling for the GR7, which should say it all.

Today's visit to Uncle Frank saw me nab an Xtrakit Spitfire F.XII and he generously donated a few Aeroclub fuselage conversions to my Alternate Spitfire project, these being a Spitfire F.XII (this means I can do a Griffon engined PR1G) and a Seafire F.XVII (thinking about giving it a new rudder and doing it as a XII with a cut down spine).  

The Xtrakit 12 I had planned on cross kitting with the Sword Vc - same manufacturers - but it wont work, sadly.  Most XIIs were clipped and I need a pair of full span ones.

Also got a couple of decal sheets:
Techmod's Isreali/Egyptian Spitfire sheet, which I really bought for the Egyptian markings as I'd like to do a PRXI in their colours - they did consider them.  One of the Isreali options looks to be in the Far East RAF scheme so that may be transposed onto a Heller XVIe instead.
Colorado Exotic Spitfires pt whatever.  Bought for the Dutch and Portugese options, but I can't use the latter for what I intended as they're too late for my purposes.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Quote from: Hobbes on June 25, 2011, 07:50:16 AM
Nice! The FA.2 is an excellent kit. How do the others compare?

The FRS.1 is another beauty if you ask me. It has the shorter fuselage that it's supposed to. Decals look pretty good too !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 25, 2011, 09:10:02 AM

The Xtrakit 12 I had planned on cross kitting with the Sword Vc - same manufacturers - but it wont work, sadly.  Most XIIs were clipped and I need a pair of full span ones.

You need a Seafire Mk.VX Lee, they're basically a navalized Mk.XII.  At least the Mk.XV at the Military Museum in Calgary looks that way.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Weaver

From deathjester, a 1/48th V1 of unknown make - cheers!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Weaver on June 21, 2011, 01:44:33 PM
Quote from: deathjester on June 21, 2011, 05:05:44 AM

Hi!  I've got a 1/48 V-1 from a job lot of kits we got, and I do owe you for those SNEB pods you sent for the Spartan! :thumbsup:

You have PM.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

McColm

Won this morning on E-bay;
1/72 EA-6B Prowler
1/72 E-2C Hawkeye
1/72 Su-17

1/24 Range Rover
1/25 Chevrolet Blazer

Spey_Phantom

just got back from a rummage sale nearby,
brought home an Esci 1/48 Kfir C2  :mellow:
also included in the box was a small Revell catalogue from 1978.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Steel Penguin

just back from cov air museam
1:35 tamiya 25lder and crew
1:48 kitec amx 30, ( i want the turet to use on a 48th m60)
1:48 sr71,  it was cheap and i just couldant resist.. i havent a clue what to do it as but im shure an idea will hit.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 25, 2011, 11:53:13 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 25, 2011, 09:10:02 AM

The Xtrakit 12 I had planned on cross kitting with the Sword Vc - same manufacturers - but it wont work, sadly.  Most XIIs were clipped and I need a pair of full span ones.

You need a Seafire Mk.VX Lee, they're basically a navalized Mk.XII.  At least the Mk.XV at the Military Museum in Calgary looks that way.

There's only two Seafire XV kits currently available and they're both CMR ones and thus far too pricey.  I'm not sure if Jays have rereleased the Ventura ones yet.  Plus the Seafire XV has twin radiators whereas the XII is similar to the V, with one radiator and an oil cooler.  I'll probably add some spare wingtips from elsewhere but it's a real pain.

My plan was to hand the XIIs to the Navy once the RAF had replaced them with the XIV, so the fishheads could use them for training before the Seafire XVs come into service.  And I'd rather start with a decent kit than trying to cobble together one from the spare C wings I have (Airfix Vc kit and thus horrid) and an Aeroclub fuselage (of which I don't have enough to do the planned Griffon mk IVs I have in mind).
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

From Coventry Show....good to see lots of people:

1/48th Academy Mig-21PH and MiG-21Bis
1/48th Hobbycraft...MiG-17F
1/48th...Italeri Mirage IIIE
1/72nd...Zvezda T-50....this'll be wihiffed....the others REAL. :banghead: :banghead:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

PR19_Kit

Here's me meant to be deacreasing the population of my Loft and I come back from Coventry with all sorts of stuff!

1 x AZ Models Attacker, which will free up an old Frog one for a suitable Whiff I thought up today.  ;)
1 x Avis Hawker Audax (Never 'eard of them, I thought they rented cars...) so I can build another of my Dad's favourite aircraft
1 x Hallam Vac Westland Welkin, destined for a suitable project to fit my motto (see below....)
1 x Airfix Sea Harrier FRS1 courtesy of Howard of Effingham, and neither of us can remember how or why he came to think he owed me one  ;D
1 x Freightdog Pale red and blue decal sheet (bags of scope there)
1 x Freightdog Swift belly tank
1 x Freightdog Spitfire ram jet, but it's not going on a Spitfire!

Al I need now is time to do all this and a lack of vertigo so I can get up into the model room!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit