My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Few deals with Britmodeller members saw the following added:

Pegasus Spiteful (2nd tooling) Woohoo!  Last one I needed for The Project but I'm looking at moulding it anyway.  One of the ones that I have assembled may well be used as a master.
Novo Attacker*
Matchbox Spitfire IX/XVI (plus aftermarket goodies which were the main reason for buying it. I'm also curious to see if it'd be salvageable with a new wing)

On Order with Magna:  Quantity of Spiteful/Seafang kits.

The AZ Seafang has arrived.  Verdict?  It's good in parts - the cockpit is better than the AZ Spiteful but still wrong.  The canopy is vile but at least the engine cowling is nice and chunky.  I may have to invest in a few more if I can't get any more Magna ones, unfortunate because they're more suited to The Project than the AZ ones anyway.  The CMK ones I have are now going to be built as whifs and will slot into the project because they're crap and I want to build them to use them up.

*Not quite a stash addition but more of a discovery.  Few days ago, whilst searching for stuff to clear out (the pile is getting bigger...), I discovered a Novo Attacker fuselage half in a box with a pair of Testors Swifts.  No sign of t'other until yesterday when it turned up in a box of Martin Baker MB5s.  Discovered I have far too many of these so one or more may have to be sold on.  Chuffed about finding that Attacker though!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Spey_Phantom

new stash additions  ;D

-1/144 Dragon Tornado GR4 twinpack
-1/72 Hobbyboss Messerschmitt Me163
-1/72 Hobbyboss F-84G Thunderjet
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

Recent wins on the bay of evil:

Pegasus Spiteful (original tooling) More work but it'll pass as a PR one.
Tamiya 24th Lotus 7  DId that one 20 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Want to do it again and do KAR120C better.
Heller Spitfire XVIe x3 (bagged)  Nice price and rebuilds the stock.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Radish

3 x 1/48th Spitfires, all to be real.

Airfix I/Ia/II
2 x Revell (Hasegawa) IX/XVI :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

pyro-manic

The weekend' additions include:

From Thorvic, a Fujimi Phantom FG.1 (with Tremblers markings) and a Trumpeter 1:700 HMS Renown :wub:
From Weaver, a Very Big Gun™ in 1:35
From Evilbay, a set of Hasegawa etched sawblades, and a Bandai kit of Emperor Zordar's Super Dreadnought from Space Battleship Yamato (looks like this:
)

From Heritage Aviation, an Italeri 1:72 US/NATO weapons set (lots of 'splody things), a Novo Hornet F3, and a Vulcan u/c set. Well, the box for one, anyway! A quick email (and very quick reply) later and Ian from HA says another one will be dispatched shortly. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Quote from: pyro-manic on July 25, 2011, 12:35:28 PM
From Weaver, a Very Big Gun™ in 1:35

I think the correct terminology is a BFG, or even a BFOG..... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

From the BIG H in 24 hours 1/72 Sword Spitfire PR Mk IV : The Middle East boxing
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I'll get me order in with Uncle Frank then.  There's a completed test shot on Britmodeller.  Looks fabulous.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Hobbes

From www.aero-spezial-modellbauversand.de:
Skunk Models Workshop 1/72 weapons sets: IDF and US/NATO

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 26, 2011, 01:39:27 AM
I'll get me order in with Uncle Frank then.  There's a completed test shot on Britmodeller.  Looks fabulous.

Does look nice Lee. Has a clear resin canopy and what looks like a fair few spare bits and bobs
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Good.  Might be worth making a plug and getting someone to vacform a few dozen.  PR canopies are hard to get hold of at the moment.

Anyway, in other developments...

Due to me being at NCJ Media for 15 years (murderers get less...), I get a day off and a voucher to the value of 50 notes to spend at a store of my choice in Newcastle.  Natch, first thought, Valiant.  Means I don't have to pay for it.  So I now have the Airfix Valiant.  Pllus a couple of Spitfire IXc's to make up the value.  Result!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

pyro-manic

Today, an impulse buy of an Airfix Battle. Now, do I do twin-engine, uprated Merlin, radial, or something else? FAA torpedo bomber instead of the woeful Albacore? RAF equivalent to the Stuka? Long-wing high-altitude PR bird?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

JayBee

Quote from: pyro-manic on July 26, 2011, 10:41:43 AM
Long-wing high-altitude PR bird?

Well Alun,

we all know what a certain member of this forum would say to that. Eh Kit?
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Quote from: pyro-manic on July 26, 2011, 10:41:43 AM
FAA torpedo bomber instead of the woeful Albacore?

Well as Jim has already gone for the PR bird I'd suggest the torpedo bomber, perhaps with a radial engine ?

The Wooksta!

Better off using the Fulmar as it's a lot smaller.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: