My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

From my fairly local model shop that's closing down

1 x 1/72 Italeri ex Esci Tu-22

two tins of blue paint bought for another couple of projects, photos to be revealed when the painting starts......

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Litvyak

My biggest haul ever yesterday, all 1/72 of course:

Hobbycraft DHC-3 Otter
Hobbycraft CT-114 Tutor
Italeri H-21C
Hasegawa B-47 Stratojet
Hobby Boss H-34 Choctaw

and placed on order

Heller B707
Hobby Boss Mi-17

This seven is almost equivalent to my existing stash, bringing my stash-total to 14 (16 when the two on order arrive).
C-A-NZ-UK!

deathjester

Quote from: Litvyak on August 13, 2011, 10:15:37 AM
My biggest haul ever yesterday, all 1/72 of course:

Hobbycraft DHC-3 Otter
Hobbycraft CT-114 Tutor
Italeri H-21C
Hasegawa B-47 Stratojet
Hobby Boss H-34 Choctaw

and placed on order

Heller B707
Hobby Boss Mi-17

This seven is almost equivalent to my existing stash, bringing my stash-total to 14 (16 when the two on order arrive).

Keep it up - some of the guys on here keep that many kits just in their pockets..... :wacko:

Litvyak

Quote from: deathjester on August 13, 2011, 10:20:39 AM
Keep it up - some of the guys on here keep that many kits just in their pockets..... :wacko:

I know, I've seen photos! It's insane!  :o

This is just my aircraft, but even if we add my railway stash to this (about a dozen brass locomotive kits, resin and laser-cut freight car and caboose kits, plus rapid-prototyped parts for an ongoing locomotive "scratchbuild" project, all in 1/120 scale), I don't come close.

It might be bigger if:

A, I didn't also do the railway stuff, which can be somewhat more expensive (e.g., for one of the brass etch loco kits I could've gotten two decent (Italeri, RoG) 1/72 scale fighters);

B, I didn't order pizza as often as I do (this will be remedied when we move into a bigger place; the kitchen in this place is unusably tiny, and it irritates me that I don't have room to cook!);

C, I didn't have certain medical expenses to deal with that my provincial plan doesn't cover; and

D, I didn't focus and buy almost exclusively kits I can use for Canadian subjects. (There are, of course, a few exceptions, like the An-2 and Su-34 I have sitting on the shelf, but even the Su-34 is going to end up Canadian...  ;D )

A isn't going away, D isn't likely to go away until maybe after I've got one finished model of every type ever operated by Canada (Air Force, Army, Navy and Coast Guard)... but then there'll be all the multiple scheme-variants. B will be addressed before the end of the year (we're already looking at houses), and C will be dealt with, if all goes well, by late 2013, early 2014.

But honestly? I don't really care if mine ever gets as big as some I've seen. I'm happy with what I have, and at my build pace, even if I don't buy anything anymore until what I have is all done, I'd still have about 6 to 12 months' worth of building ahead of me! :)
C-A-NZ-UK!

deathjester

Quote from: Litvyak on August 13, 2011, 10:37:52 AM
Quote from: deathjester on August 13, 2011, 10:20:39 AM

I know, I've seen photos! It's insane!  :o

I'm happy with what I have, and at my build pace, even if I don't buy anything anymore until what I have is all done, I'd still have about 6 to 12 months' worth of building ahead of me! :)

Hah!  I know what you mean!  Even I have found 'bits n' kits' I'd forgotten I had....! :blink: 

The Wooksta!

Today's raid on Uncle Frank yielded many things for The Plan:

3x Magna Spiteful/Seafangs
One of which included, for some unknown reason, an Airwaves Seafire FR47 engine cowling.  Haven't a clue why as I know from bitter experience that the fuselage contours of the Seafire and the Spiteful are very different.  The former will not fit the latter.  But I do have a spare Airfix PRXIX that may require some rhinoplasty...

3x Brigade Seafire XV conversions.
This is desgned for the abortion which is Italeri's excreble attempt at a Spitfire but the way the fuselage is broken down AND the fact that it has the upper engine blister similar to that on the Spitfire XII has given me ideas.  Not a good thing when The Plan already runs to SEVEN A4 pages...

1x Sword PR.IV Trop.  More for The Plan (Real World).
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 13, 2011, 12:57:03 PM

'The Plan'? DO tell us more please.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The Plan is to do every mark of Spitfire - from Supermarine 224 through to the Attacker, taking in the Spitfire, Seafire, Spiteful and Seafang along the way.  And whiff the lot, plus quite a few made up marks and hybrids along the way.  Once they're all done, I'll write a book around them.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Not a good thing when The Plan already runs to SEVEN A4 pages...

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 13, 2011, 02:15:44 PM

'The Plan'? DO tell us more please.  ;D

I've seen the "plan" and am looking forward to seeing it come to fruition  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

It's unlikely to be any time soon as it seems to be growing exponentially, limited only by my imagination and what actually happened.  In addition, having been realistic and having seen the sheer amount of work to be done (ie airframes that haven't yet been started), some of the plan is being held over to next year.

On the plus side, the Seafire FR47 nose does fit the Airfix PR XIX but as it doesn't have the scoop for the pressurisation, I'll have to do it as one of the early ones so it'll be a prototype rather than in service.  Giving that I'll be moulding the FR47 nose some time soon, I'll be able to do a later one too.  The nose also fits the Ventura FR.XVIII nose and I've a gash one so I may try and cobble together a Spitfire PR25 together with a gash moulded wing which is already modded.  And I have two gash fuselages...

Another idea is convert the Hobbyboss Vb into an early Griffon one by hacking a lump out of the top cowl, inserting Griffon top cowl and rebuilding the base.  I've two on order, so one will be a PR version.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Spey_Phantom

i just placed an online order for e few new stash editions  ;D

-1/72 Airfix TSR-2M5 STRATOS (my first TSR-2 going to build it as standard Belgian Air Force fighter, maybe a tigermeet version)

and also, a few new 1/144's:

-Revell Mig-29 and F/A-18D (for kitbash into MIG-35, as part of the planned BAF-2025 F-16 replacement plan)
-Revell E-2C Hawkeye (to be build as Hawkeye AEW.1 for my HMS Kestrel build)
-Revell F-104G Starfighter
-Revell SU-47 Berkut
-Revell F-19 Stealth fighter
-Trumpeter F-22A Raptor (BAF-2025)
-Trumpeter F-117 Stealth fighter
-Airfix Boeing clipper
-Airfix Boeing 727
-Academy Mig-23 Flogger
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

From ebay:

Novo Sea Fury
Kit seems to have some extras with it.  Bargain price of little more than £2.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

pyro-manic

Over the weekend, I got a pair of Frog/Novo kits: Bristol 138A high-altitude research aircraft, and a Blackburn Shark torpedo bomber.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

The Wooksta!

The former is a cracking little kit.  Did it some years back in overall sky as one impressed into the PRU and there's two more in the stash, although I really want to do one as the real I am.

Today's acquisitions for The Plan have been varied:
1 Magna Spiteful/Seafang
2 Hobbyboss Spitfire Vbs
(to be converted to early Griffon variants.  However, on reflection it may be easier to convert the old Airfix Ia/Vb fuselages but I've plenty of those.)
1 M&E Spitfire TR.9 conversion
(this was rough and made the Brigade one look like Tamiya.  However, it was half the price and as the plastic is thick it should take some punishment)
2 Aeroclub Griffon 4 blade props

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: