My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: MilitaryAircraft101 on August 30, 2011, 03:56:36 AM
1/32 WnW SE.5a & Academy F-16I Sufa
Both birthday presents  ;D

Must admit I keep looking at WnW and am finding it very hard to resist  :banghead: Happy birthday btw  :cheers:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Received from the Wooksta today

1 x Pegasus MB5  :wub:

2 x 1/72 Fw/Ta Doras partly built

various resin parts in 1/72

Thanks Lee
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

pyro-manic

Today's addition is a Revell DC-3, in Finnair/Ilmavoimat markings. No specific plan yet, I just decided I needed a Dak. ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

Airfix 1/76 Bedford MK Tactical Refueler from Hobbycraft.  Adds to the JB Models box I've already got & both might lend their parts to a project I've got in mind.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

MilitaryAircraft101

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 30, 2011, 07:21:49 AM
Quote from: MilitaryAircraft101 on August 30, 2011, 03:56:36 AM
1/32 WnW SE.5a & Academy F-16I Sufa
Both birthday presents  ;D

Must admit I keep looking at WnW and am finding it very hard to resist  :banghead: Happy birthday btw  :cheers:

Thanks, it was good. I was inspecting the sprues on the SE.5 and my jaw dropped lower and lower. THe detail is FANTASTIC! You can see the honeycomb on the radiator as if it were the real thing, the moulded MG with it's bullets in exquisite detail! IT IS BEAUTIFUL, the stretched canvas ripple effect will make your heart skip a beat  :wub:! I can't wait to crack it open, but I'll have to clear out the bench first  :dalek: LOL  :rolleyes:

Mike Wren

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 28, 2011, 01:43:53 AM
Quote from: GTX on August 27, 2011, 02:25:49 PM
Quote from: Mike Wren on August 27, 2011, 08:22:28 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 27, 2011, 07:49:38 AM
Dig a tunnel, it's the only safe way......  ;D

I'll get me shovel...

Let me know how that tactic works out ;)

Trouble with that tactic is that you could be digging your own grave  :rolleyes:

chaps, you will glad to hear I am safe and well

The Wooksta!

Not quite an addition, more a discovery.

Looking in the loft at me parents (digging out Hasegawa Spitfires - I've a plan for a Seafire F.IV and I've a wing that fits the Hasegawa kit perfectly), I looked in a Hasegawa Hurricane box and found, in addition to the normal contents, a Heller/Smer Hurricane II. 

No real use for it but the markings are what I was looking for to go onto a tarted up Hobbyboss Spitfire Vb.  The other markings in it are ideal for a SEAC Spitfire F.XVIe.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

MONSTER box arrived from Weaver today containing a Revell Victor (+ plus some long span wings from an undisclosed scource  :thumbsup:) and a Revell 1/200 Boeing 2707. (It still looks like 1/144....)

Let joy be unconfined etc.  :cheers: :bow: :party:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I'm sure there's some micey scale airliner wreckage in the loft at me parents. if it's any use, I'll dig it out.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Lee, there could be a hidden gold mine you have there. Some airliner modellers are CRAZY about the ancient kits, well worth a look-see.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Mike Wren on August 31, 2011, 04:49:16 AM

I'll get me shovel...

Trouble with that tactic is that you could be digging your own grave  :rolleyes:

Good to hear it - how did you manage it  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

oz rb fan

Quote from: Thorvic on August 30, 2011, 04:27:42 AM
Quote from: oz rb fan on August 29, 2011, 06:58:25 PM
just got two
pit-road trs2's and i have to say they look pretty good in the box...hope they build as well as they look.

The the standard ones or the New RAF version with the Martels, Belly Tank and RAF markings ?
the standard ones,one will be xr222(the duxford on i touched the real one!!! :lol:) the second i'm looking at a raaf one  :mellow:

pyro-manic

Today, from the evil Weaver, a Nitto 1:20 scale Ma.K "Jerry" heavy armoured suit. Think the Star Wars AT-ST, but designed by the Soviets in the 1950s and you're in the general area. :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

GTX

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 31, 2011, 07:47:08 AM
Quote from: Mike Wren on August 31, 2011, 04:49:16 AM

I'll get me shovel...

Good to hear it - how did you manage it  ;D

Yes...some of us may need to use your infiltration techniques... :rolleyes:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Radish

10 1/48th Airfix Spitfire VC/Seafire III ;
D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen