My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 23, 2011, 03:54:12 AM
Quote from: Weaver on September 22, 2011, 06:56:39 PM
From ebay, Heller 1/72nd F-94G Thunderjet.

Already got one with about 3 different plans for it, so another cheapy seemed like a good idea.

Is that really a F-84G Weaver ???  The F-94 was a Starfire IIRC

Quite right - corrected!

Cheers! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Overkiller on September 23, 2011, 06:13:54 AM
I popped into Modelzone in the Trafford Centre today, they are currently running a sale with an interesting selection of items reduced by 50% (the usual suspects are to be found with lots of Revell and Airfix gift sets in amongst the sale items, however there are a number of rather pleasant suprises as well).  :ph34r:

:cheers:

Duncan

My local branch only has 1/48 Academy aircraft and some Academy armour in the sale. Good deals if you are into the scale but not for me
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Pick up a couple of models today,
1/72 Hasegawa Tornado F.3 '1998 Tiger Meet'
1/72 Hobbyboss F/A-18D Hornet

Both were really cheap (F.3=C$16.00) (F/A-18D=C$13.00) and both will proved parts for my McD Harrier Replacement project.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ChernayaAkula

A couple additions over the past few weeks...

Dragon 1/72 IJA Type 97 Chi-Ha
Trumpeter 1/72 J-20 Mighty Dragon - looks like a great kit in the box. Might just be one of Trumpeter's best efforts yet.  :thumbsup:
Heller 1/72 SAAB J-21A -  :wub: This always was a bit of a grail kit to me. Good to see it's been re-released.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

RotorheadTX

;D  Aeroclub Spitfire XII and XIVc conversion kits.....!!  :thumbsup:

McColm

Gondor

My last ever purchase from Leasuretime in Falkirk today as the shop is almost empty and the closing down sale is at 50%

1 x 144 Trumpeter Tu 160

nearly managed to get my hands on the Italeri 1/72 XB-35 but missed it by about half an hour  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Quote from: RotorheadTX on September 23, 2011, 07:04:58 PM
;D  Aeroclub Spitfire XII and XIVc conversion kits.....!!  :thumbsup:

Lucky sod! Both are accurate and ideal introductions to vacform conversions.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Big Gimper

At IPMS CAPCOM 2011 here in Ottawa, Canada. 13 Kits (I am only writing this as SWMBO was not home when I arrived with the treasure).

Best deals (all 1/72):
- Airfix original TSR.2 for $20
- Revell Ar E 555 for $15
- Valom XP-75A for $20
- Huma Hs 132 for $10
- Hasegawa Spitfire Mk.1 for $3

Carl
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

RotorheadTX

frank2056

From HobbyEasy in HK:
Meng 1/35 Technical Pick up with ZPU-1 (actually a Toyota HiLux/ Tacoma in the US)
1/35 ZSL-92 IFV, a fine armored Chinese target.

Daryl J.

Airfix Spitfire XII.     :wub:
Italeri 1/48 Stuka.

:cheers:

McColm

Take a trip to Alders of Croydon, in their toy department they have reduced the prices of Airfix 1/72 kits.

Kerrillc

Just added an Encore Models Su-35 to my stash, I'm thinking a different paint scheme. An alternative BPRAF, Australian, Primor'ye or Canada or possibly an aircraft of the Republic of Tcidenebia!

Decisions, decisions!

I have never seen such a plain box before, packaged in America, but molded in Latvia!?!

Anyone ever built one of these?

If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

Weaver

Just took part in biker's go-slow protest around the M60, which conveniently broke up near the Trafford Centre, so popped in to have a look at the sale (cheers to Overkiller for the heads-up).

Not a great amount left, but pretty pleased to get these:

Academy 1/72nd F-89J Scorpion for £5.00 (which means I have Genies.... :wacko:)
2 x Revell new-tool Fairey Gannets for £6.00 each
Revell Fairey Rotodyne for £10.00 (that's the second cheap one I've picked up  :mellow:)

I suppose you could say that's a fairey good haul....... <groan>
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones