My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: pyro-manic on September 26, 2011, 07:26:25 AM
Quote from: Rheged on September 26, 2011, 06:08:56 AMearly steam age analogue systems that were originally fitted.

Hah, now there's a cool idea. Large-scale model (1:32 or 24 or bigger?) with a cockpit like a steam train or ship, with big shiny brass dials, levers, valves etc. ;D

Ooh, perhaps do that to the P-47? It's big and rotund enough, so convert it to steam power!

Now there's a thought! A Jug with a chimney!    Mind you, the description of the Bucc cockpit  given to me by a former driver is " Every control planned  with supreme care to be in EXACTLY the wrong place"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

More stash additions from ebay:
Novo Supermarine Attacker - bid for as it was cheap and the same seller had the following:
Frog De Havilland Hornet and in my favourite boxing too.  I'd love to get my hands on the original box art for this particular release.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Quote from: Rheged on September 26, 2011, 06:08:56 AMearly steam age analogue systems that were originally fitted.

Hah, now there's a cool idea. Large-scale model (1:32 or 24 or bigger?) with a cockpit like a steam train or ship, with big shiny brass dials, levers, valves etc. ;D

Ooh, perhaps do that to the P-47? It's big and rotund enough, so convert it to steam power!

Bit like Alvis's steam-powered SBC-4: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,29790.15.html
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Spey_Phantom

on the way home from work, i stopped to buy a new fluorecent safetyvest  :blink:
.........oh, and a Revell 1/144 Airbus A340 (to be converted into a RW Belgian Air Force A330  ;D )
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

pyro-manic

Picked up one of the new Airfix "Hawk 81-A-2"s today. Usually known as a P-40B I believe. Looks very nice on the sprues - bodes well for the Zero due out soon. This one will most likely get floats and become a later mount of Curtis from Porco Rosso. Blue with yellow stripes on the wings etc. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Doc Yo

I added a couple of Frog MC 202s, a Fairey Firefly, a couple of Hasegawa armor kits ( Tiger I 'Last model' and a Panther F mit schmalturm ) and
a bagged Il-28.

The Folgores give me enough to finally start on an IMAM Ro 67, anf the Firefly gets a single-seat conversion. ( Saw one on Hyperscale years ago and thought it looked pretty cool. ) The armor kits go into some vague Heer '46 projects.

Daryl J.

Thanks to the helpfulness found here:
Revell 1/72 PT-109
Revell 1/72 S-Boot

Thanks for the info.   :thumbsup:
Daryl J.

McColm

1/72 Revell Kamov KA-58 stealth helicopter
missing parts from 1/72 built models:
P-38 Lightning
Fairchild A-10
Tempest

I've got a couple of bids on ebay for spare parts/broken models/junkyard, some chap over in the states. It's worth a punt even if I don't win.

Rheged

Quote from: Weaver on September 26, 2011, 09:35:12 AM

Bit like Alvis's steam-powered SBC-4: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,29790.15.html

My sister suggests a peat fired one in Irish Air Corps colours.........

sideshowbob9

QuoteMy sister suggests a peat fired one in Irish Air Corps colours.........

Hey! You tell your sister to lay off Mr. Bulleid!  ;D

I'm afraid I have a soft spot for his creations.

Errr.... on topic..... AMT(?) 1/48th P-36 for conversion to a F13C-6 Seahawk.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on September 28, 2011, 03:37:59 AM

Hey! You tell your sister to lay off Mr. Bulleid!  ;D

Equally off topic, I used to work with the late Ron Pocklington who was Bulleid's 2 i/c on the Turf Burner. He could tell some tales about that job for sure!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 28, 2011, 04:06:13 AM
Quote from: sideshowbob9 on September 28, 2011, 03:37:59 AM

Hey! You tell your sister to lay off Mr. Bulleid!  ;D

Equally off topic, I used to work with the late Ron Pocklington who was Bulleid's 2 i/c on the Turf Burner. He could tell some tales about that job for sure!  ;D

I too have  a soft spot for anyone that can design a machine as magnificently bonkers as Leader!

Radish

Two sets of tusks for something strange ;)
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

McColm

Wow!!
that picture of your train set layout looked so real.