My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: Radish on September 28, 2011, 11:41:48 AM
Two sets of tusks for something strange ;)

"Strange" by your frame of reference or everybody else's?  ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rheged

Quote from: Radish on September 28, 2011, 11:41:48 AM
Two sets of tusks for something strange ;)

Martynsides in the First World War built  the G-100 "Elephant"    Can we  expect a biplane fighter-bomber  with added ivory?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

ChernayaAkula

Hasegawa 1/72 RF-101C in the "Operation Sun Run" double-boxing  :party:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 29, 2011, 03:02:21 PM
Hasegawa 1/72 RF-101C in the "Operation Sun Run" double-boxing  :party:

You can get kits with those decals included? And TWO in the same box? Jeepers, I wish I'd known that before!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

^ Yep, two in the box, with options for all four schemes (I think they were four). They were released only recently. In fact, since I pre-ordered them at HLJ (@ 2,240 Yen), I guess they're fresh out of the factory. HERE'S a look at the contents on Hobby Search.

Even with shipping factored in, I reckon they're not too expensive. Certainly cheaper than snagging one of the few and far betweens on evilBay. The Frog boxing I got on evilBay a couple of years ago was more expensive, as far as I remember. It even had a very old price sticker on it - 7 Deutsche Mark (theoretically around 3 GBP).

I intend to build one in RW colours (Vietnam) and the other in RAF colours.  :wub: Someone did a profile of this and it looked absolutely gorgeous in RAF colours.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

frank2056

Just got the new Trumpeter 1/35 BTR-40 APC (just in time! I was collecting pictures to scratchbuild one) and the LiveResin 1/35 M249SAW and M240 weapons ans well as some modern handheld radios.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 29, 2011, 07:59:18 PM
^ Yep, two in the box, with options for all four schemes (I think they were four). They were released only recently. In fact, since I pre-ordered them at HLJ (@ 2,240 Yen), I guess they're fresh out of the factory. HERE'S a look at the contents on Hobby Search.

Indeed there were four RF-101s used for Operation Sun Run. I've recently an article detailing them in a very old copy of 'Replica in Scale' and liked the idea of those schemes. I'll just take a look at the Yen/Pound rate........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

At the moment, it's truly appalling! Seems to be getting worse by the day.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

Quote from: pyro-manic on September 30, 2011, 12:27:06 AM
At the moment, it's truly appalling! Seems to be getting worse by the day.

So I noticed, but I bit the bullet and bought one of the Sun Run double kits anyway.  :-\

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Airfix 1/72 Cromwell tank and Helldiver. The Helldiver will be Soviet as per one of Panther G's profiles  :thumbsup:

As an aside I noticed that the Croydon branch of Waterstones had some Airfix "starter sets" in stock. Mainly Hawks but at least it's a possible new outlet
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Daryl J.

Airfix Seafire Sebbenteen!   :wub: :wub:  It about makes me giddy.
Daryl J.

Radish

Chris, Sainsbury's appear to be selling Airfix Starter kits too. I remember years ago....about 30 to be nearer the mark, my local Tesco sold Hasegawa kits!!

Meanwhile....just ordered 2 x 1/48th Airfix Spitfire Va and 4 Airfix 1/48th Spitfire XIIs at a 1/3rd off the price. PLUS 3 of the new Pegasus Hobbies 1/48th Bf-109Es......and an English Electric Deltic (1/76th) for display in Anti-Flash White and 617 Sqn markings. It'll also have a few "mods"....canards, fin, etc.... :tank:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on October 01, 2011, 01:13:08 AM
Chris, Sainsbury's appear to be selling Airfix Starter kits too. I remember years ago....about 30 to be nearer the mark, my local Tesco sold Hasegawa kits!!

I never knew about Tesco's. I know M&S were selling kits last Xmas. Can only be good for the hobby. I wonder how many dads or randads buy them for the kids and end up going "I'll show you how to do it"  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Ha....like that idea!!
I'll buy something for my grandson....he'll be nearly one at Christmas!! ;D ;D ;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Steel Penguin

Darby war games show, a steampunt ish, mole machine ( think termite tunneler for 40K)  a clear resin box for a dematerialiseing  effect,  and a large chunk of the excellent "spy glass " range from Heresy figures and a large chunk of the crooked dice line, not limited to Servalan, Travis, ed Straker, number 6 and 3 spectrum personnel.  and a second hand corgi Liberator DSV2, so ive now got 2.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!