My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Radish on October 07, 2011, 09:30:07 AM
The Deltic will be in 617 Sqn markings, anti-flash white.....with all those engines it has to be a bomber. :party:

That'll be '55 617 Vulcan' then?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

From Ebay
Bandi Skycrawlers Sanka Mark B. 1/72nd scale.

From Tonights Coventry club night.
Revell Gloster Meteor F-4. 1/72nd
Revell Antonov An-2. 1/72nd

The Meatbox looks like an MPM tool to me. And the An-2 looks a lot like the Bilek kit.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Daryl J.

Tamiya's Mosquito, Beaufighter, and a Hasegawa teardrop canopied Typhoon.     :wub:
And some white putty.    The above are slated for the PSR table.

:cheers: (espresso and heavy whipping cream)
Daryl J.

ChernayaAkula

Another round of evilBay purchases:
Trumpeter 1/35 Neubaufahrzeug Nr.3-5 - I usually like individual link tracks, but I'm so NOT looking forward to doing these on this one. Will be Japanese.
Trumpeter 1/35 BTR-40 APC - just too cool to miss. Maybe I'll build it as one of the beasties in "Codename: Panzers - Cold War".
Hobby Boss 1/35 Defender 110 Hardtop
Hobby Boss 1/48 Ta 152 C-1
Revell/Heller 1/72 D.H. Vamire FB.5
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Radish

At the Coventry/Warwicks Club last night....a couple of Revell/Monogram 1/48th Do335s. :wub:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

The Wooksta!

From the LHS, Kopro MiG 15 - for the PLAAF and North Korean decals.

Was also given a pair of Seafire FR47 canopies from the Xtrakit Spitfire F22. Which means my Spiteful PR15s are now sorted for canopies.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

From Ebay: PM 1/72nd Sukhoi Su-21G Flagon - to be a Russian aggressor squadron Phantom substitute with Vietnam-era cammo and few vismods....

From the LHS:

Dapol HO/OO footbridge
Various sheets of plasticard and Evergreen tube
Various bits from the bits box and the broken toys box

All to contribute to another spaceship....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Daryl J.

A Breda Ba.65 two seater, some Hobbycraft Hawk 75s to backdate, and some ex-Monogram P-47 Razorbacks to chop and channel into a P-43/P-47 hybrid.  Raised panel lines and basic kits have their advantages sometimes.
The Italian may be flights of fancy but in a mild sort of way.

Two Spitfire Vb Trops for the * real* Italian Job and some matching resin fiddly bits.

:cheers: (gunpowder green tea)
Daryl J.

pyro-manic

Two additions for me, via BM:

Airfix RA-5C Vigilante :wub:
Heller Mirage 2000C

The Mirage might end up being Israeli (or possibly RAF), and the Vigi will probably get modernised into a Strike Eagle alternative (PW1120s, LGBs etc). Or maybe Iranian. :wacko:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

The Big Gimper

From Ebay:

All 1/72:
1. Revell Fairy Fulmar. Will replace with the Rolls-Royce Merlin VIII with Academy Spitfive XIVc Griffon and Prop
2. Airfix Fairy Firefly. Not sure what to do just yet.
3. Trumpeter XF-107A (4th one). Convert to RCAF CF-107A as chase for my RCAF TSR.2
4. Tachikawa Ki-94-II from RS Models. Built stock with the cool 6 bladed prop.
5. DML Dragon TA-152H. The nemesis of my F-11B Airacomet PR bird.

Carl
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

Litvyak

First time at an IPMS meet today, in Vancouver, and wow did I snag some deals in the vendors' room!

I got, all 1/72:

* Airfix Fairey Firefly Mk. V - $1 (in box!!). If I can easily make an FR.1 outta this, it'll be RW RCN, otherwise, for whiffery.
* Airfix TBM-3 Avenger - $2 (In a ziploc bag, but complete). Cheap, so I won't be afraid to take the knife to it for a -3W...
* Noidea EE Lightning - $1 (bagged, no box, no instructions, nothing just the sprues). I assume Matchbox - it's moulded in grey, white and black. Whiff-fodder.
* Matchbox Noorduyn Norseman
* Pioneer2 Beech C-45
* HobbyBoss F-86F
* Hobbycraft CF-105
* Hobbycraft CF-100
* Matchbox F-101

And, ack - one was 1/48, a Fujimi A-4E. Ah well, it was $2... so the air portion of my "Rule, Britannia!" display will be in 1/48 then - this'll end up as an RNZAF Skyhawk.

And a boat - 1/600 Airfix HMS Ajax.
C-A-NZ-UK!

McColm

AML 1/24 Lotus Esprit 300 Sport
Similar model to the ones used by Roger Moor as 007. option A add, skis option B turn it into a mini-sub.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Litvyak on October 08, 2011, 04:40:58 PM
* Airfix Fairey Firefly Mk. V - $1 (in box!!). If I can easily make an FR.1 outta this, it'll be RW RCN, otherwise, for whiffery.

Canada only got the early Firefly with the chin radiator.You'd need the Frog kit for that. However, doing the Airfix one as a more advanced FR.V would be better.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Lord Darth Beavis

Today, I made my first IPMS meet since I came to Texas.  From our very own Scooterman, I scored an Academy MH-60 PAVE HAWK, and an Academy F-5E Lightning, both in the One True Scale (1/48).  It was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to head to Lancaster next month!
3 Time National Champions: 1958, 2003, 2007

2 BCS Championships: 2003, 2007

How many BCS trophies in your trophy room, USC?

Geaux Tigers!