My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotorheadTX

McColm

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 10, 2011, 04:23:44 AM
Quote from: McColm on October 09, 2011, 04:45:24 AM
AML 1/24 Lotus Esprit 300 Sport
Similar model to the ones used by Roger Moor as 007. option A add, skis option B turn it into a mini-sub.

Is that the Monogram one with a green one on the box lid?  If you're doing the mini-sub, might be best tracking down an Airfix one as apart from the seats/cockpit, there's very little interior.
Looks gloss black to me, moulded in green plastic. The previous owner started to paint the exterior in lime green, with a cream interior. Radio missing from dashboard, and engine parts painted. Modeled as left-hand drive.

Radish

Hobbycraft (Stafford)...I was passing.....so didn't ;) :

Star Wars Starfighter thingy and paints, lots of paints.

From Morrissons (I need to buy fuel) :

another SKULL ;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Rheged

Quote from: Radish on October 14, 2011, 02:35:01 AM
Hobbycraft (Stafford)...I was passing.....so didn't ;) :

Star Wars Starfighter thingy and paints, lots of paints.

From Morrissons (I need to buy fuel) :

another SKULL ;D

Were you in a position to inform us of the scale or size of the skull, we might be able to fathom out your plans. On the other hand, we might all remain suitably baffled.............
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

Quote from: McColm on October 14, 2011, 12:27:15 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 10, 2011, 04:23:44 AM
Quote from: McColm on October 09, 2011, 04:45:24 AM
AML 1/24 Lotus Esprit 300 Sport
Similar model to the ones used by Roger Moor as 007. option A add, skis option B turn it into a mini-sub.

Is that the Monogram one with a green one on the box lid?  If you're doing the mini-sub, might be best tracking down an Airfix one as apart from the seats/cockpit, there's very little interior.
Looks gloss black to me, moulded in green plastic. The previous owner started to paint the exterior in lime green, with a cream interior. Radio missing from dashboard, and engine parts painted. Modeled as left-hand drive.

Sounds like the Monogram one. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mick Keenan

My recent haul from Hannants
Revell  1:72 Fairey Gannet AS.4
Trumpeter  1:48 Chengdu J-10A single seat version. Vigorous Dragon
Trumpeter  1:72 Chengdu J-10S twin seat version
Trumpeter  1:72 Xian FBC-1 Flying Leopard
Valom 1:72  Dassault MD 450 Ouragan Israeli Defence Force/IDF
Trumpeter 1:72 Westland Wyvern S.4

The Wooksta!

Courtesy of Deathjester:
KP Spitfire IX
Airfix Spitfire Vb

Cheers!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Radish

There's  a number of small skulls for which...so far....I have only one use.

But larger, almost full-sized human skulls in all sorts of varieties are available at Hallowe'en time, and I'm busy working on one with THREE sets of teeth (apparantly) which I hope will appear on the BIGGLES SIG stand.
I have amany varieties  to work  on......

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Rheged

Quote from: Radish on October 14, 2011, 07:53:27 AM
There's  a number of small skulls for which...so far....I have only one use.

But larger, almost full-sized human skulls in all sorts of varieties are available at Hallowe'en time, and I'm busy working on one with THREE sets of teeth (apparantly) which I hope will appear on the BIGGLES SIG stand.
I have amany varieties  to work  on......

Can't  speak for anyone else, but I'm still admitting to total bafflement!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

The old hands among us know how barking mad Terry is, so the above generally raises no more than a shrug and "Typical Terry!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 14, 2011, 08:18:56 AM
The old hands among us know how barking mad Terry is, so the above generally raises no more than a shrug and "Typical Terry!"

True  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Quote from: Radish on October 14, 2011, 07:53:27 AM
There's  a number of small skulls for which...so far....I have only one use.

I have amany varieties  to work  on......

Revell do a nice skull and theres some nice ones here too.  ;D

http://www.twenga.co.uk/dir-Health-Beauty,Medical-equipment,Medical-skull
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

lancer

I know it's typical terry stuff, but I want to know why he's got three sets of teeth when the rest of us only get the one set??

Also, I picked up my first kit in many months the other day - the Revell boxing of the Dragon SU24 Fencer. I was thinking RAF as a part of my ongoing Russians in the RAF theme...perhaps turn it into a SEAD bird.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Daryl J.

A Hobbycraft P-35 and P-26 for very reasonable prices including shipping.   Am planning to use the Seversky for the Time Warp Theme Build.   
I'm pretty stoked to get these corpulent cuties.

Daryl J.

PR19_Kit

The 'Operation Sun Run' RF-101s that I bought from Hobby Search have arrived in the UK. My total price paid to HS was £32.43. Today I got the letter from the GPO about Customs charges etc.

The PO want to levy a 'handling charge' of £13.50 and the Customs want to add £10.93 as VAT!!!!!! My maths says that a £10.93 charge on a cost of £32.43 is almost 31%, not the 20% VAT that we have at the moment, so I tried to protest the charge. The Customs phone line says they're 'too busy to attend to my call and to please call back later', so I emailed them. They replied that they'll reply to me in 15 days. The GPO says they'll send the parcel back to HS if I don't pay the charges inside 10 days.

Rip Off Britain? You bet! My MP will be getting a rude letter on Tuesday morning.   :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit