My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

From the Southwell show:

Freightdog/AZ Spitfire F.XIVe/FXVIIIe
Freightdog resin Spitfire bits
Airfix Spitfire F.IXc (to put some of the aforementioned bits on)
Aims Korean War decals (for a Korean War Spitfire)

And from Geoff
Novo DH Hornet F.3
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

pyro-manic

Today, one AModel Tu-128 Fiddler, and one Matchbox Westland Lysander. The Lysander will become Stargazer's Westland Weymouth floatplane, and the Fiddler will likely become a bomber/cruise missile carrier, or possibly a modernized version carrying lots and lots of AA missiles.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Rheged

An Airfix Strikemaster for £1.99, box a bit bent but pristine inside.  It may end up as a Jet Provost light attack aircraft of one of the RAFVR squadrons that was reformed after an unexpected bout of "sensible" from a UK politician .
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Martin H

From tonights Bedford model club meet.
one Hasegawa Grumman F9F-8 Cougar.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

pyro-manic

Quote from: Rheged on October 18, 2011, 09:18:24 AM
An Airfix Strikemaster for £1.99, box a bit bent but pristine inside.  It may end up as a Jet Provost light attack aircraft of one of the RAFVR squadrons that was reformed after an unexpected bout of "sensible" from a UK politician .

Easy, now - I know this is What If and all, but that's a bit of a stretch...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

From ebay:

1. Matchbox Churchill AVRE with the bridge missing. Havn't looked into it deeply yet, but given it's completely separate track boxes, I'm wondering whether you could cross-kit it with a Comet to make a Black Prince...

2. JB Landrover in a bag with no instructions - cheap.

3. Bag of bits - mostly 1/35th tank leftovers. Bitz For Da Bitz Box....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

frank2056

At a Hobbylobby in Dubuque, Iowa - a Trumpeter 1/35 M1078 on clearance for $25, down from $70.

GTX

Today we add a 1/48 SMT Y-wing.  For some reason, I see this having Bf-110 markings applied... :rolleyes:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

McColm

An implusive buy at Hannants got me:
1/72 BAe Nimrod ladder
1/72 BAe Nimrod weighted wheels
1/72 Medievil Castle (plastic kit)

NARSES2

Quote from: pyro-manic on October 18, 2011, 03:53:37 PM

Beat me to it  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 19, 2011, 01:27:42 AM
An Airfix Strikemaster for £1.99, box a bit bent but pristine inside.  It may end up as a Jet Provost light attack aircraft of one of the RAFVR squadrons that was reformed after an unexpected bout of "sensible" from a UK politician .

Beat me to it  ;D

Surely there must be ONE sensible politician out there amongst all of the dross??   It could even  be a  cheap force multiplier.  Say cheap and you can see all of their little pointy heads popping up  like a family of meerkats

Just think, all of those VOLUNTEER--that means cheap---pilots who could fly   old--cheap-- trainers  with a couple of  ADEN gun-pods and   a couple of racks of  cheap and cheerful  rocket projectiles.  Should we move this thought to the Ideas Bank with the title of something like  Equipping a modern RAFVR ??

Weaver

Quote from: Rheged on October 19, 2011, 01:58:59 AM
An Airfix Strikemaster for £1.99, box a bit bent but pristine inside.  It may end up as a Jet Provost light attack aircraft of one of the RAFVR squadrons that was reformed after an unexpected bout of "sensible" from a UK politician .

Beat me to it  ;D

Surely there must be ONE sensible politician out there amongst all of the dross??   It could even  be a  cheap force multiplier.  Say cheap and you can see all of their little pointy heads popping up  like a family of meerkats

Just think, all of those VOLUNTEER--that means cheap---pilots who could fly   old--cheap-- trainers  with a couple of  ADEN gun-pods and   a couple of racks of  cheap and cheerful  rocket projectiles.  Should we move this thought to the Ideas Bank with the title of something like  Equipping a modern RAFVR ??

Trouble is, as soon as one gets shot down, the family, with the backing of the HSE and the coroner,  will be calling for a judicial review into why they didn't have the best available equipment, i.e. an F-35..... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rheged

Quote from: Weaver on October 19, 2011, 04:32:53 AM

Beat me to it  ;D

Trouble is, as soon as one gets shot down, the family, with the backing of the HSE and the coroner,  will be calling for a judicial review into why they didn't have the best available equipment, i.e. an F-35..... :rolleyes:

If we are being invaded, line up all of the HSE pamphlets and instructions on the beach.....no one has ever got through them!

Less cynically, if  one does resurrect RAFVR, with what should they be equipped?

kitnut617

Quote from: Rheged on October 19, 2011, 05:07:01 AM
Less cynically, if  one does resurrect RAFVR, with what should they be equipped?

Something like what the RCAF will be getting I suppose ----   ;D

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Should we move this thought to the Ideas Bank with the title of something like  Equipping a modern RAFVR ??

Yup
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.