My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Quote from: kitbasher on November 08, 2011, 11:56:22 AM
Would the Pe-2 make a good basis for the Gloster Reaper?  They look similar and dimensionally I don't think they're too far out (I did compare plans a while ago).  Certainly some surgery needed- not least the engines.  Any thoughts?

Just to be clear, it's the F18/40 illustrated at http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/18160/NEW12.jpg I'm referring to, not the F9/37/Gloster G39 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_F.9/37) as actually flown.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Quote from: Overkiller on November 09, 2011, 12:10:01 PM
If I may humbly make a suggestion...

If you haven't already done so, get some decent drawings of the design, get them scaled to 1/72 and print them out. That is most certain way to determine suitable donors as you can directly compare kit parts to the actual drawings. Though I'm sure a builder of your skill is already aware of that fact. At first glance, I would say it looks rather "Bf-110 esque", so maybe that would be a good starting point?

:cheers:

Duncan

Yep, already compared Pe-2 and F18/40 Reaper plans, what I don't have is an Airfix Pe-2 and was wondering whether someone had already contemplated the feasibility of making a Reaper by that means (or had plans + kit) before I committed myself to buying a Pe-2 (including the Zvezda Pe-2 if it was better match).  Wouldn't ordinarily be interested in a Pe-2, ya see.
;D ;D
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

jcf

GTX

• 1/48 Collect-aire North American F-107A "Ultra Sabre"
  • 1/35 Tamiya French Armored Carrier UE
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Gondor

Rescued from my local sorting office today

1 x 1/72 Airfix Harrier GR9A gift set....... to be real world, not sure what I will do with the paint and brushes thpugh, might be able to think of some wiff
1 x 1/72 Airfix Harrier T10..... probibly going to be a whiff but may end up as real life.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

mkhulu

i just love spending money at the Big Red H ( and no I do not work for them - well if they can use a systems engineer / chemical engineer / CRM consultant it will be nice  ;D )

never thought buying tools could have been so much fun - bought some 1/35 Eduard stencils and 1/35 paint masks from Hannants in the UK

Kinda cool - 2 weeks later , 9000 km travelled and I have my goodies ;D

ha - 3 weeks from tomorrow = month long holiday !  :thumbsup:

Still strong in not adding to the stash until I've built at least one ..
Going nowhere slowly

Gondor

Another rescue from the sorting office

1 x 1/72 Heller AMD Etendard IV M bought from ebay

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

Quote from: Overkiller on November 09, 2011, 02:44:39 PM
Reet,

I've found the Pe-2, and I've scaled the drawings in BSP 35-50 to 1/72. The Pe-2 fuselage does indeed look like it would make a good basis, it will need shortening slightly as its longer, but it looks do-able. I'll tell you what, I'll bring the Pe-2 and the drawings to Telford, and if you concur that it would make a good basis for doing the Reaper, you can have the Pe-2 for gratis and nowt...

How does that sound?

:cheers:

Duncan

That sounds extremely generous of you, sir.  However I think a swap for something would be fairer - is there anything of interest on my SMW2011 sales list that could be swapped?  Any wants that I may be able to satisfy from the stash?  Let me know.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on November 09, 2011, 12:04:31 PM
Quote from: kitbasher on November 08, 2011, 11:56:22 AM
Would the Pe-2 make a good basis for the Gloster Reaper?  They look similar and dimensionally I don't think they're too far out (I did compare plans a while ago).  Certainly some surgery needed- not least the engines.  Any thoughts?

Just to be clear, it's the F18/40 illustrated at http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/18160/NEW12.jpg I'm referring to, not the F9/37/Gloster G39 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_F.9/37) as actually flown.
;D ;D

Right, not the version I was thinking of, but the more attractive one (although I like the aircraft as flown as well) - Duncan seems to have sorted you out sir  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Daryl J.

S.M. 79
MiG-3
I-16 Type 24
And that's aboot all folks for a lawng time.

kitbasher

I will attempt the Reaper, you have my word.  Very kind of you - see you Saturday/Sunday.

Cheers,

Dave

Green Dragon

Got the 15mm (1/100th) scale Flames Of War Dessert Fort from Worlds At War today, thinking of using it for a space ship landing pit if it's big enough. Pressie for my nephews if it isn't!
Also got seven spray bombs, six paint and a Citadel Purity Seal satin varnish plus four Vallejo paints, Brass Balls paint by P3 and a Citadel Ice Blue.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

sideshowbob9

1/48th SMER Avro 504K & Sopwith Camel
UPC Martin MB-2

From now on, I'll only do larger biplanes. Sasafrassing.......

Spey_Phantom

was at a rumage sale this morning, bought 2 vinyll records for my dad,
and i found a nice Heller 1/43 Citroën DS 19  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

GTX

• 1/48 MPM Heinkel He 177A-5 Grief
  • 1/48 Special Hobby Junkers Ju 87A
All hail the God of Frustration!!!