My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Not been flaunting my additions for a while but these few I got recently from various sources.
All 1/72nd scale.
Airfix stratos/TSR2 got that for 14 quid inc postage.
Hobbyboss Mi-2 Hoplite
From Thorvic Italeri C-130 J and most of a revell tank transporter, this will be used as part of an APC/ weapons carrier I want to build for SHADO. so it will have at least 6 pairs of wheels.
Trumpeter TU-160 Blackjack, for a considerable amaount less than my LMS have them for.
2 PST armoured recovery vehicles, these could be missile launchers, or have AA guns nailed on them for the Cartel.
A feew more bottles of Valejo paints, from my nearest stockist about 15 miles away.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

frank2056

I got the Gallery Models 1/350 scale USN LCAC Hovercraft (but sadly, no eels) kit, which is normally part of their expensive LHD-1 USS Wasp kit. I also got their US Marines armor accessories (also a spinoff from the same LHD kit) that includes trucks, M-1 and M-60 tanks, Humvees, towed howitzer, AAV7 and LAV-25.

I'll probably add an M60 turret to the LCAC.

GTX

• 1/48 HobbyBoss F-105G Thunderchief
  • 1/35 Tamiya Leclerc Series 2
  • 1/48 Trumpeter Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19M Farmer E
  • 1/48 Trumpeter Soviet mig-3 Late Version
  • 1/48 New Life Bristol Bulldog
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

The Wooksta!

This year's Telford acquisitions.  It's long!

4 Frog DH Hornets (boxed)
2 Frog DH Hornets (Bagged)
1 Frog Meteor F4 (bagged)
1 Heller Vampire FB5 (bagged)
1 Novo DH Hornet
1 Frogspawn DH Hornet
2 Skybirds 86 DH Hornets (F1 and NF21)
Matchbox Tempest II/VI
(I did pick up 3 but sold 2 to HoE - I'd agreed to pass some along if I'd found any and at £3 each I just had to snap them up.)
1 Airfix Spitfire Vb (original boxing in blue plastic)
4 Airfix Spitfire PR.XIX
2 Airfix Spitfire F.IXc
1 Airfix Spitfire Ia (new tool)
1 Airfix Spitfire Ia (old tool)
1 KP Spitfire LFIXe
2 Heller Spitfire LFXVIe
1 Xtrakit Spitfire F.XII
1 CMR Spitfire IXe (international boxing and comes with 3 wings)
1 CMR Spitfire Tr.9
2 CMR Spitfire LFXVIe (worth it as there's a spare wing in the kit)
1 Sword Spitfire LFIXe
1 Sword Spitfire LFXVIe Highback
1 Sword Spitfire LFXVIe Bubbletop (spare highback fuselage which fits the spare CMR wing and the one I got had two bubbletop fuselages in the kit.  Result!)
Aeroclub Spitfire Griffon power egg - this is the original by Dave Buttress and cast in Halfords resin!
Aeroclub Spitfire Griffon white metal bits.  From one of the vacform conversions.
Aeroclub EE P1A conversion
Airfix Meteor F8
Freightdog/AZ Spitfire XIVe/XVIII
2 Freightdog Spitfire HFVIII conversions
1 Freightdog Spitfire IX RR conversion
2 Freightdog Spitfire PRXI conversions
1 Jays Seafire XV A Frame
2 Jays Seafire FR47
3 OHM Spitfire IX pointy rudders

Ace 43rd MGB GT (white metal kit)

Decals
A2Zee Spitfire LF16 South Africa
OHM Spitfire IX sheets (1 of each)
Fantasy Printshop RAF Yellow letters
Fantasy Printshop RAF Red letters
2 x Fantasy Printshop RAF fin flashes (only sheets to have the rare Type B style)
3 x Fantasy Printshop RAF Yellow P prototype markings
Freightdog Brits Abroad Vol 1 (reissue with resin Spitfire IX pointy rudder)
3D Spitfire IIa sheet

From Howard of Effingham:
1 Novo DH Hornet

From PR19 Kit:
1 + 1/2 Fujimi Spitfires
1 KP Spitfire LFIXe
1 Heller Spitfire LFXVIe (good one in silver plastic!)

From Kitbasher:
Fujimi Spitfire PRXIX
Frog/Novo Hornet fuselage (donated to my Supermarine 324 project)

From Thorvic:
1 Airfix Spitfire Vc
1 Airfix Spitfire Ia
1 CMR Seafire XVII

And there had to be one unusual item!
Legend "Need for Speed" 12th scale figure.  Finished, it can look like this:

I'm not into bikes and General Melchett suggested some kind of SF racer, so I'm thinking of scratchbuilding some kind of anti-grav racer from the Wipeout games for the Playstation, in which case she'd have to be wearing a black catsuit and have purple hair (to see what I mean, look at the video for Fluke's Atom Bomb on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArfGAvk6nCo ).
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 16, 2011, 05:52:49 AM
And there had to be one unusual item!
Legend "Need for Speed" 12th scale figure.  Finished, it can look like this:

I'm not into bikes and General Melchett suggested some kind of SF racer, so I'm thinking of scratchbuilding some kind of anti-grav racer from the Wipeout games for the Playstation, in which case she'd have to be wearing a black catsuit and have purple hair (to see what I mean, look at the video for Fluke's Atom Bomb on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArfGAvk6nCo ).

Nice one!  :thumbsup:

I've got the Hongkong knock-off of the same figure with similar intentions, but in my case, the grav-bike will be based on Tamiya's Suzuki Katana. There's a thread somewhere hereabouts for bike ideas....

EDIT: Here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,32846.15.html
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Aircav

Must admit, I've got that figure as well, she's sitting with her legs cut off at the knees for a sci-fi project too.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Aircav

Quote from: Overkiller on November 16, 2011, 10:54:16 AM
Hmmmm....

I had pretty much the same idea the first time I saw that figure at the Huddersfield show a few years ago, that it would make a perfect pilot for some sort of "Wipeout" style anti-grav racer....

Great minds think alike...or fools never differ?

You decide.

:cheers:

Duncan

Mines not going on a bike.  ;) ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

RPadavan2

A trip to an area hobby shop with my father netted me:
a sheet of Woodlands Scenic summer grass
1/144 scale World Tank Museum PzJager "Nashorn"
1/144 scale World Tank Museum Anti-tank guns
1/144 scale Military Museum LVTP-7 (2002)
1/144 scale Military Museum Merkava 2 MBT
1/144 Flames of War RAF R.E. 8

The Wooksta!

The other idea I have has her sitting on a bar stool with a bottle of water, the inference being she's a dancer in a fetish club.

She'd still be in black though.

Addition to the Telford list:
2 Falcon canopy sets - one FAA (includes the Attacker), the other RAF (includes the Sunderland and two Spitfires)

From ebay:
Heller Spitfire LF.XVIe (Black boxing)
Novo DH Hornet
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

You could tell Lee's car from afar in the Telford car park, his was the only one with a trailer on it's trailer AND a roof rack!  ;D ;D :o ;) :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Is it just my dodgy memory or did someone post a link to that Need for Speed figure in the past?  A search yields nowt though!

All of my purchases fitted in one (biggish) box which sat snuggly on the back seat of Rob's Picasso!  I did stash a few of the smaller ones in the toolbox.

Last big blow out - can't justify that sort of spending, even to myself.  Having said that, nothing cost more than £25.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

JayBee

I have posted these two photos in the past

The Red one was at last years SMW, and at the moment I can not remember where the yellow one was.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 17, 2011, 04:01:09 AM
Is it just my dodgy memory or did someone post a link to that Need for Speed figure in the past?  A search yields nowt though!

'twas Moritz, on the thread I linked to:

http://www.www-legend.co.kr/00_search01.html?table=product&st=view&page=1&id=204&limit=&keykind=subject&keyword=need

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

Quote from: JayBee on November 17, 2011, 04:22:28 AM
The Red one was at last years SMW, and at the moment I can not remember where the yellow one was.

I suspect Temple Park - the flooring looks like it.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

pyro-manic

An impulse buy today: Airfix Canberra B.2/20/62/(I)6, in 1:48. I don't build 1:48, but it was just too good to pass up for £6 in a charity shop. :thumbsup:

Not sure what to do with it yet - possibly sell it on, or maybe scale-bash it into English Electric's V Bomber...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<