My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Airfix TSR.2MS and 737-200 from ebay via Jadlam racing models.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

NARSES2

Was in Holborn esterday so it would have been rude not to pop into MZ ?

Dragon Meteor F.1 in the sale at £12.99 down from £27.99, just bought 1. They had quite a few when I was in there.

Croydon had had them on Friday last but one guy had bought all 3.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on November 28, 2011, 11:51:22 AM
Quote from: McColm on November 28, 2011, 09:40:44 AM
<...> As one of the prototypes had a fixed wing? <...>

One of the Su-24's prototypes? Yes. The T6-1 had wings similar in shape to the Su-15's. CLICK!
If you look at the pic, the Su-24's prototype looks more like a TSR.2-ski than the F-111-ski it's often slagged off as.

Didn't the T6-1 alos have lift engines behind the cockpit for STOL?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 29, 2011, 02:28:30 AM
Was in Holborn esterday so it would have been rude not to pop into MZ ?

Dragon Meteor F.1 in the sale at £12.99 down from £27.99, just bought 1. They had quite a few when I was in there.

Croydon had had them on Friday last but one guy had bought all 3.

wondered when someone would finally heavily mark this kit down chris. it was/ is way over priced at £27.
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on November 29, 2011, 04:55:37 AM

wondered when someone would finally heavily mark this kit down chris. it was/ is way over priced at £27.

Very much so Howard. I refused to buy it at the full price, it's quite nice but not for £27. Same as the Hellcat. I'll wait for the Eduard weekend edition
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Wonder if Newcastle will have them at the same low price?  IIRC, there's some fuss on Britmodeller about the ailerons being all to cock in that kit.

I did get the F3 but paid less than 20 notes - tip off from Tony O'Toole.  Very nice kit but the engines look oversized, closer to the Halford engines rather than the Derwents.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 29, 2011, 07:56:37 AM
Wonder if Newcastle will have them at the same low price?  IIRC, there's some fuss on Britmodeller about the ailerons being all to cock in that kit.

I did get the F3 but paid less than 20 notes - tip off from Tony O'Toole.  Very nice kit but the engines look oversized, closer to the Halford engines rather than the Derwents.

I think it's a National thing Lee. They've been caught with a load they can't shift.

As for the ailerons ? No idea.

Mossie

I noticed the F.1 at that price yesterday in the Hull branch, but the F.3 was full price.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

upnorth

Just snapped up one of AZ Model's fresh 1/144 Yakovlev Yak-40 kits at the LHS today.

No idea if I'll WHIFF it or go RW. The decal options in the kit are all quite attractive. :unsure:
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Green Dragon

Quote from: upnorth on November 29, 2011, 09:26:44 AM
Just snapped up one of AZ Model's fresh 1/144 Yakovlev Yak-40 kits at the LHS today.

No idea if I'll WHIFF it or go RW. The decal options in the kit are all quite attractive. :unsure:
Which one did you get and whats the kit like? I'm thinking of getting the military one for the Angolan Air Force scheme. Had the old Plasticart one but blew it to pieces with an air gun!

Got a Revell Arado Ar240C delivered from ebay today.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

PR19_Kit

Thanks to the swap that OGL mentioned above I now have two Monogram F-82 Twin Mustangs.

Tophe, you're going to love the result of that.............  ;) :-X
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

upnorth

Quote from: Green Dragon on November 29, 2011, 02:55:17 PM
Quote from: upnorth on November 29, 2011, 09:26:44 AM

Which one did you get and whats the kit like? I'm thinking of getting the military one for the Angolan Air Force scheme. Had the old Plasticart one but blew it to pieces with an air gun!

Got a Revell Arado Ar240C delivered from ebay today.

Paul Harrison

I got the military Yak 40 myself.

The moldings look pretty decent, though the landing gear legs have a touch of flash to be scraped from them.

All the parts are on one sprue, the engraved surface detail is nicely restrained. However, as all the subjects are VIP transports, popping those lines with a wash probably wouldn't be done. I know the Czech AF Yak-40s I've seen are spotless in real life.

The paint callouts are quite general.

The decals look quite nicely printed All of the windows are in decal form including the cockpit.

Looks like it could be simple enough to be a nice weekend project.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 29, 2011, 05:07:08 PM
Thanks to the swap that OGL mentioned above I now have two Monogram F-82 Twin Mustangs.

The imagination boggles at  what might happen!    All I know for certain is that longer wings will be involved at some point in the proceedings.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

lancer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 29, 2011, 05:07:08 PM

Is there a twin zwilling coming in the not too distant future then??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen