My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Quote from: Radish on December 01, 2011, 12:59:32 PM
From Hannants today:
"AA" kits....

2 x 1/48th Chengdu F-7E( Chinese early MiG-21 but with a double-delta wing)..possibly real for one, as a Pakistani F-7PG
2 x 1/48th Shenyang F-8IIM Finbacks....not sure what to do.....yet!!

Did the SAMI review of the F-8IIM years ago Radish, decals are terrible! Some broke up into little bits on contact with water. Control column was a long triangle of plastic with a ball on top IIRC! Also it didn't like Humbrol tube glue, had to use Plastruct's Plastic Weld and super glue. Impressive size and a LOT of weapons.

Got a Revell F4U Corsair delivered from Ebay today.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Radish

Cheers, Paul.
The decals look terrible so will be binned. I've lotsof replacements though. Thanks for the glue comments. We'll see how we go. I'll practice on sprue first ;)

Think a really dirty F-8IIM in RAF markings would look cool,but might confuse a few by doing an Iranian Republic one too.
:smiley:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

RPadavan2

Once again I spoiled my 6 year old nephew with a trip to a local hobby store to get him a couple LEGO figures and to have him point out some (OK, a lot of things) he wants for his 7th birthday and for Christmas.  I ended up getting me a couple table top display cases and a Revell F-15E and Tornado IDC kits, both in 1/144th scale.

Green Dragon

Quote from: Radish on December 02, 2011, 01:48:56 AM
Cheers, Paul.
The decals look terrible so will be binned. I've lotsof replacements though. Thanks for the glue comments. We'll see how we go. I'll practice on sprue first ;)

Think a really dirty F-8IIM in RAF markings would look cool,but might confuse a few by doing an Iranian Republic one too.
:smiley:
Like the sound of both of them! Not sure but I think the plastic may be ABS, tube glue didn't do anything to it at all.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lancer on November 30, 2011, 07:08:25 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 29, 2011, 05:07:08 PM
Thanks to the swap that OGL mentioned above I now have two Monogram F-82 Twin Mustangs.

Tophe, you're going to love the result of that.............  ;) :-X

Is there a twin zwilling coming in the not too distant future then??

Why ever would you think I'd do something as bizarre as that?  ;D ;) :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Aircav

A Revell/Monogram 1/48 A-6E Intruder from work.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Nick

Quote from: lancer on December 01, 2011, 02:11:45 PM
Quote from: Radish on December 01, 2011, 12:35:49 AM
7 inch high figure of a nude kneeling Medusa. This will take extensive research of the naked female form to paint accurately. I've never met a Gorgon....but some women have come pretty close!!! This project will take a long time to complete due to the extensive and meticulous research needed.
;) ;D :tank: :o ;)

Lots of razzle magazines then Rad eh?

You should see the girl on his Facebook page... Cor!! :wub:

Radish

Do you mean Holly? She's an "acquaintance" through Rocky Horror. Met lots of lovely ladies that way.
Then there's the ones's who've "blossomed" since I taught them. One is a regular in "Nuts", etc...
And Kira, off to do a "glamour shoot" next week. Think I need to bake her another cake....

Meanwhile, I'll try out the plastic tomorrow on the AA kits.

Off to t'pub now for some rock and roll.....
did I tell you about the "metal group", the Almaboobies. Very good. All sisters....got the t-shirt and cd too....

http://www.thealmaboobies.com/index.php

;)
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

Quote from: Radish on December 02, 2011, 12:13:49 PM

Off to t'pub now for some rock and roll.....
did I tell you about the "metal group", the Almaboobies. Very good. All sisters....got the t-shirt and cd too....

http://www.thealmaboobies.com/index.php

;)

Seen them at bike rallies a few times: the bass player is nuts.......  :thumbsup: ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

From the Big yellow H today.

1 x 1/72 Eduard Meteor F Mk8 Detail set
1 x 1/72 Pavla MB Mk1 ejector set

Both to go into a whiff inspired by Spinner

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Spey_Phantom

modelshop in town has re-opened after a year deu to roadworks.
an ideal time for some stash aditions:

Heller 1/72 Mirage 5BA
Airfix 1/72 Bristol Bloodhound SAM
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

sudzonic

A few weeks ago I was talking to our local postie and mentioned that I build models, she said oh  my other half has a load of kits he has never built! So the other day she dropped them off and well I was not expecting this lot!

By sudzonic at 2011-12-03

But the crown jewels were these 2..

By sudzonic at 2011-12-03

2 original airfix kits still bagged and unbuilt..
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

Weaver

Quote from: sudzonic on December 03, 2011, 05:07:29 AM
A few weeks ago I was talking to our local postie and mentioned that I build models, she said oh  my other half has a load of kits he has never built! So the other day she dropped them off and well I was not expecting this lot!

Better establish that he knows she's dropped them off before building any...... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lancer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 02, 2011, 09:24:10 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 29, 2011, 05:07:08 PM
Thanks to the swap that OGL mentioned above I now have two Monogram F-82 Twin Mustangs.

Tophe, you're going to love the result of that.............  ;) :-X

Why ever would you think I'd do something as bizarre as that?  ;D ;) :lol:

Oh I don't know...your reputation maybe??   :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

MilitaryAircraft101

[/quote]
Don't be absurd! A twin zwilling! How preposterous...  :wacko: ;D